What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Future Of Altis Life

Fallen

/F/
Okay so in this post from me personally i'm going to be stating things that i find wrong with this community and some of the good things. I don't want no hate comments on this as once you read you may gain an understanding of why i am posting this and maybe post some ideas.

So Altis life has had a major major turn in recent months and i'm going to say it here, but it has gone pretty much sh*t. The reason i still play here is because of how this server used to be there used to be updates all the time, staff used to interact ALOT more with members of the community and if there was any problems with the server they would be fixed and ideas would be added. So i'm going to be straight up here but Wilco i know you and a lot of other staff spend endless amounts of time setting up the Tanoa server however you need to picture it like this.. you have managed to create a great Altis life server with what used to be full servers majority of the time and yes they are still full sometimes even now. However how i see it is Tanoa has failed, not in the fact that you haven't done the right things on their but because you haven't got the players you thought you would be getting Don't get me wrong i think Tanoa is good but it just hasn't got what it takes to get a full server to get the experience you would on Altis Life. So what i'm getting at from this is your staff team spend A LOT of their personal time sorting the Tanoa server and a lot less time doing anything to Altis Life, and it's annoying because personally i know you spent time for the server to pan out and maybe gain people eventually however it really hasn't, and i think maybe if you could come back to doing some Altis Life work.

It is currently around mid day 12:00gmt and this is the servers,

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]
Rc56wVhZE-tVIJgwVIbiVSCMdqUgkOZRq5pSgVIvsaZ7oTBoIYy9tfL8Ix6ZMD3SlwxMIIMUb9CbIbw0EGYagmguDxd-jLWtXhJ59HqNNa818G3IFsevRZczZSmh69xYyUXGTnCV
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]
5Cwftddn8NAWclmEq_CxHrfRrbZzDaz32wuo5_9n5HPuSQ7BQuJ233JzRHqGURyEu3P8TjOhg8zYaJZ7nT-3EdZ60IfgIZUg8lxobK71nszktOYKBg6UqZijoOOBm2xheAYj4MlA
[/SIZE]

See i also know it's a Friday and a lot of people have school today but not even one person is one there. The ideas that have gone into Tanoa are amazing i'll give it that but tbh the server just hasn't worked.

Im sure alot of people may or may not agree with me however like i said this is personally what think.

Moving on, so Altis Life is not how it used to be, i used to enjoy actually logging on and doing some new things but recently i can't bare logging onto the server, and sometimes i can't even get on (stupid memory error) xD so looking down the Altis Life suggestions on the first page a lot of great ideas stand out for me,

d7ed6fadf69dd6102ca0bd686f3480ca.png

5409e2a16c002d304860626f5e94ce52.png

c8a09ad66eda8264d26daf413ac4a83d.png

So these are just 3 ideas on the first page and yes they are pretty good, yes Medics being able to drag bodies brings a new roleplay scenario if a body is in the middle of the road medics could drag them to the side and do whatever medical procedures they do. Then you have the communications being seized, this would also be a cool feature to add maybe press windows key when a guy is zipties and being able to take the GPS and Radios off of them, this would also fix the power gaming part. The the kavala city parking has been a thing for ages that gets added gets removed... i really like the idea of having the parking in front of the shops in kavala however it caused way too many issues, so what you do from this is get people opinion on the ideas and if they like it maybe move it elsewhere?

And also just on the first page you see this,

18560e4702fa4fad6489da2644ca9ed8.png

4219c0aaddbcab57e3b8eae9942f821c.png

And i'm sure if i looked more i would find a couple more of these, so if i was looking and reading through this i could probably tell their giving suggestions on the HM because maybe they are bored of the one atm or maybe it's too easy for rebels to do a HM?

There are a lot of ideas and stuff on these pages which can be added into the game however us as community members don't have the ability to do this and yes i know a lot of the staff have personal lives and i know some probably couldn't care less about this virtual world however i'm sure a lot of people get in from work etc and some people just wanna chill on here for a bit.

So to finish this off what i am asking for is maybe spending less time thinking about Tanoa and more on Altis Life and maybe this "Framework" #Framworkhype which i know a lot of people have been waiting for. I feel like staff and community members need to co-operate more with ideas for the server yes i know there's a suggestion page but maybe conclude together ideas that may be possible and let the community vote on what they want and don't want.

I know some staff members will take some of this post to offence as a lot of them can't take criticism however like most of you say on un-ban appeals "This is an Adult community" so if you can't take it then i apologize for what i personally believe is wrong with Altis Life and simply ignore anything i have said, however i feel if the same amount of time which was put into Tanoa was put into altis maybe we could #MakeAltisGreatAgain and something enjoyable to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously its down to the man himself as to what he says at the moment but Ed has been put back in his coding cage and is working like mad for his next meal and we will start seeing more development coming to Altis very shortly. 

As for the forum suggestions I flicked though about 25 pages of them last week and honestly 90% of them consist of shit posts, dupe posts, impossible things or are just shit suggestions. There however is a handful of good suggestions thrown in the mix and the support from the community on those posts is evidence of that. 

Equally A lot of the pastebins and google docs we get when banned members do their thing say similar things to what you have in your original post with regards to slow development and i'm personally glad that a CONSTRUCTIVE post has been made to ask/address the issue. There are certain questions that people should not be afraid to ask for fear of being repremainded. as long as it is constructive rather than just a shit post. It is all of our community at the end of the day

Things will be happening soon
2122.png
Been hearing that for quite a while now to be fair. While it might not be possible to do so maybe we could be given some idea of what is to come as all we have really seen for a good while is map updates for altis.

The server could use some changes yes, but if there is one change that SHOULD come and would make it alot more pleasant is that the FPS will be fixed.

The server could use some changes yes, but if there is one change that SHOULD come and would make it alot more pleasant is that the FPS will be fixed.
Wrong place for that mate, only if they release the new framework (soon.. tm?) Which after like a year is getting more tiring to wait for. If you want FPS fixed go to Bohemia and tell them to optimize the game better

Or just buy a computer for 2000€ that works too.

Obviously its down to the man himself as to what he says at the moment but Ed has been put back in his coding cage and is working like mad for his next meal and we will start seeing more development coming to Altis very shortly. 

As for the forum suggestions I flicked though about 25 pages of them last week and honestly 90% of them consist of shit posts, dupe posts, impossible things or are just shit suggestions. There however is a handful of good suggestions thrown in the mix and the support from the community on those posts is evidence of that. 

Equally A lot of the pastebins and google docs we get when banned members do their thing say similar things to what you have in your original post with regards to slow development and i'm personally glad that a CONSTRUCTIVE post has been made to ask/address the issue. There are certain questions that people should not be afraid to ask for fear of being repremainded. as long as it is constructive rather than just a shit post. It is all of our community at the end of the day
You gotta agree my metallurgist skill is amazing.. ?

Just something to remember without certain mods, there's only so much you can do in the Arma engine. Like dragging bodies for example, I believe that requires a third party mod, and once you have something like that, it becomes a fully modded server. The philosophy here has always been "You should be able to join the server as if you purchased arma" 

Just something to remember without certain mods, there's only so much you can do in the Arma engine. Like dragging bodies for example, I believe that requires a third party mod, and once you have something like that, it becomes a fully modded server. The philosophy here has always been "You should be able to join the server as if you purchased arma" 
draging bodies is posbble without mods

Invade and annex servers do it without mods :p

Back