What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gaming Chair to 5K progress thread

I havent had time all week to do running been so busy, will start again tomorrow morning with running!

Going to start my 'Baby Steps to 5k' programme today i think. It's built in to the health tracker on my phone and has an encouraging robotic sexy lady voice to spur me along.

Last time I did this I nearly died after half a mile so my unfitness level is extreme. I'd rather just sit around smoking and eating subway and pizza, but after the missus ran 4 hours as a 'short run' i decided i have to up my game.

Wish me luck!

I'm going to slightly cheat, but I am working on my fitness.. Due to years old knee problems, running will not work for me. I can run a bit today and then I will barely be able to climb the stairs to my room for 3 days. Always had bad knees, if I put too much on them, it hurts like hell and I'll be shaky on my feet for days.

So, picked up a old hobby of mine and bought a 70's race bike, all original parts, even the tires, never been used.

First attempt on a serious ride, and bear in mind I have no stamina and haven't done any workouts or sports for euh.. 8 years, at least =D

9.7 kilometres in 27:44 minutes, on a average of 20.9 kilometres per hour.

It's a start :)

No images but I kayaked for 1.45 hours yesterday day and started my health and safety course which is taking me a step closer to becoming an instructor, kind of hard to make a progress report as and electronic device will probably break if I take it with me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a little behind, its been a busy week so far so now that my heels have recovered and I have trainer socks I will go for my second run tomorrow

Oops, I forgot to post my daily routine for like 3 days... I'll continue today!

*POST TO BE EDITED*

Going to start again at monday, took a break for 1 and a half week

So i'm not as fit as you pro athletes, but i finally got around to starting my 'Baby Steps to 5k' program on my phone. Since I haven't had to run or walk anywhere since i got my driving licence aged 17, and have a diet that consists of Bacon Double Cheese XLs and boxes of 20 nuggets, I'm not what you'd call fit! The BS25K program starts you out really easy with mostly walking before you start running, but i managed to do day 1 and i feel accomplished!

moWjRR4.png

Haven't been keeping up with running so just did two 6k bicycle rides instead this afternoon... As well as my daily cycling to and from work.

b29852eb64ecc3e4aa068248384a2e4f.png

558264acc70587dd636051dd3bb635dc.png

Today I completed Week 1 of my 'Baby Steps to 5k'. My programme at the moment mostly involves just brisk walking rather than running but i prefer it as last time i tried to jog it, I thought i was going to be sick and die at the side of the road. That said, I'm really proud of my achievement :)

EvQtvyi.png

My programme at the moment mostly involves just brisk walking rather than running but i prefer it as last time i tried to jog it, I thought i was going to be sick and die at the side of the road.
It's all about starting at a level that's comfortable for you... Once you find that level, it's just a matter of building up slowly ;)

Even walking slowly is better than sitting in a chair, as long as you're pushing yourself it's all going to help with fitness levels.

I think the hardest part is sticking to a routine... I've already slipped out of mine due to work shifts changing, so hopefully will be getting back to it now I've been given my shifts for the next month.

@Wilcojust found this. I'm interested in joining the club. I've sent a request to join Strava (nick - Valentine).

See ya'all on the leaderboards ?

This is really interesting! Ever since I got banned, I have been working on my fitness a lot more than usual! Previously still cycles 10 mile every day to my school, but on top of that now, I run 4 times a week as well as gym! When I hopefully get unbanned (in 3 months), I hope it doesn't become a distraction again😏 Aha, i do indeed like this thread ahah, it's very interesting!

@Wilcojust found this. I'm interested in joining the club. I've sent a request to join Strava (nick - Valentine).

See ya'all on the leaderboards ?
 You lads should add me:p compete if you are still using it haha @Wilco @James Dillinger

My First Run (  I feel so good after it)I P.s.have eating Some tons (with oil) and rice, hope I'm not wrong :)

Screenshot_2017-02-21-15-39-58.png

This is my progress after a year of training. Healthy eating of high protein, low fats, low sugars and a decent amount of carbs a day.

I feel going to the gym is one of the best moves I have made from being skinny to fat and fat to muscle, it changes you mentally not just physically.

Follow my Instagram would be appreciated: https://www.instagram.com/_scottbeveridge_/

39bbe97388.jpg

This is my progress after a year of training. Healthy eating of high protein, low fats, low sugars and a decent amount of carbs a day.

I feel going to the gym is one of the best moves I have made from being skinny to fat and fat to muscle, it changes you mentally not just physically.

Follow my Instagram would be appreciated: https://www.instagram.com/_scottbeveridge_/

39bbe97388.jpg
I like that you don t have pencil legs and you maybe don t skip the leg day. But get some creatine mate, water in the muscles and it will help alot. After I finish my workout I am boxing or training(superkombat) I don t feel any fatigue with creatine. And I use Animal Pump preworkout too. But if you want to gain eat like a lion and avoid drinking Water with Darkness(pepsi/cola) and other toxics drinks or chips and unhealty food. 

@Wilco If you want to lose some fat start boxing, after 4 minutes of punching a wall you will feel same as running 2-3kms. And yeah, don t eat unhealty food BUT NEVER GO TO A DIED BECAUSE ONLY CHICKS GO FOR THAT :))   Eat how much you can but don t eat chips/chocolate and sodas and everything will be fine if you box 1h a day. Feel free to get some protein for not losing muscles but get like low carbohydrates. Aswell u can use preworkout and creatine :)

I like that you don t have pencil legs and you maybe don t skip the leg day. But get some creatine mate, water in the muscles and it will help alot. After I finish my workout I am boxing or training(superkombat) I don t feel any fatigue with creatine. And I use Animal Pump preworkout too. But if you want to gain eat like a lion and avoid drinking Water with Darkness(pepsi/cola) and other toxics drinks or chips and unhealty food. 

@Wilco If you want to lose some fat start boxing, after 4 minutes of punching a wall you will feel same as running 2-3kms. And yeah, don t eat unhealty food BUT NEVER GO TO A DIED BECAUSE ONLY CHICKS GO FOR THAT :))   Eat how much you can but don t eat chips/chocolate and sodas and everything will be fine if you box 1h a day. Feel free to get some protein for not losing muscles but get like low carbohydrates. Aswell u can use preworkout and creatine :)
Lel jk? You use creatine after 3 4 months in gym.It absorbs a lot of water and your body needs to get used to working out and sweating and drinking a lot of water.

Lel jk? You use creatine after 3 4 months in gym.It absorbs a lot of water and your body needs to get used to working out and sweating and drinking a lot of water.
if you are a begginer it s recommendend after 3-4 months, but if you have already a bit of training wich Wilco has already it s perfect for him.And isn t healty to drink water or what? You sweat a lot it s logical to drink shit ton of water.Do you think it s a disease to sweat? :)) When I was 14 I started to use creatine to gain some and my body didn t have to get used to, so if you don t know what you are talking about stop saying this mate. A lil point from my skbmt trainer, when you start using creatine, first day take 20g so your liver will get used to that. After that 5g/day it s perf

if you are a begginer it s recommendend after 3-4 months, but if you have already a bit of training wich Wilco has already it s perfect for him.And isn t healty to drink water or what? You sweat a lot it s logical to drink shit ton of water.Do you think it s a disease to sweat? :)) When I was 14 I started to use creatine to gain some and my body didn t have to get used to, so if you don t know what you are talking about stop saying this mate. A lil point from my skbmt trainer, when you start using creatine, first day take 20g so your liver will get used to that. After that 5g/day it s perf
I dont think you understood my point.It is a good thing to drink a lot of water as muscle is 70% water.You need creatine after you get used to drinking a lot of water.

I dont think you understood my point.It is a good thing to drink a lot of water as muscle is 70% water.You need creatine after you get used to drinking a lot of water.
that s true. Until you will get used you will feel your stomach full everytime :))

Back