What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

gang colours

Minerals1

You see a lot of gang members pushing turfs out of colours 

I think this is a big issue, gangs that have conflict with other gangs must rep their own gang colours. 

I personally believe if you start a war between each other, then you should be rocking colours. If you’re just tryna do a robbery or kidnap someone it’s not a necessity. 

end of the day some people might want to go out robbing without causing an bad name for their organisation, or be alert the police with their actions.

think of it in real life terms, if you was to rob someone you wouldn’t wear something you could be linked back to 

i mean if 229 can't see it's ballas shooting them(as a example) it can be seen as RDM, report them, go from there, though remember TS/discord first

It always come to wars term that are kind of approved by staff (afaik).

Of course if people are out color it is way hard to distinguish it from rdm to war between gangs. Gangs war rules will never surpress server rules and as Nikolai said, if you suspect of rdm just make a report. TS will in most cases, save staffs' time.

All the tough guy Internet gangsters wanna rep the colours on tweedle but don't want the hassle of wearing them properly in the game and accepting the responsibility that comes with it if caught doin something naughty. 

At the end of the day, imo, it should be live by the sword, die by the sword.

Argue it all you want boys and girls but this is my opinion and I don't actually give a shit if people disagree. 😉

I firmly and strongly believe this should be the case in a "serious roleplay environment"

Serious roleplay would also means close to reality or movies. Sometimes laying low is needed in order to survive. If that means getting out of colors, why not?

With the greatest of respect, as soon as you said movies, i laughed really loud.

Movies are entertainment. Designed to evoke a reaction emotionally or otherwise. I wouldn't say its a good basis for a grasp on serious rp, and if you needed that I'd suggest documentaries over Hollywood but each to their own. 

The rest of the post, I've already stated my point. 

This post will get negged down as usual by the mindless masses and subsequently ignored but I 100% agree with the OP and say it should be a rule for gangs to be wearing their colours in most interactions in the city not just wars. 

Its your uniform, your identity and should be treated as such. Like the cops,  the rangers and the NHS. You are your faction. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I downvoted this, as this rule would force people do something that would eventually lead to the disencouragement of a lot of people, leading eventually to leave the server, disband of a faction and so on and so on. Not to mention that sometimes you don't want to be recognized when doing some activities.

You took police, NHS and park rangers as an example. All of them are allowed to go off duty and do whatever they want dressed up as they want, and I wouldn't see a reason why It would be bad to be able to do so.

Now the OP talks about pushing turfs, for me it means that once you are pushing a Turf, you should be close to if not already in a war. As I said previously,  each official war has its terms that are agreed upon from all the involved parties and approved by staff, so the core of the server doesn't get disrupted.

If a player is involved in a situation like this, you should be able to talk with the faction leader, they are indeed there and have extra privileges,  to ensure that every gang/faction member is educated if wrong doing is/was done.

Those not involved, should just get away from the situation and it could out your life at risk, which is a total different topic.

That said, I see no problem if a gang is pushing another out of colors, that would be their business.

Being a gang member is a lifestyle choice. Not a job where you go off duty.

Yes there's times where you're not wanting to be in colours but it should be far less than current. 

Sincerely hope this clarifies that point. 

There should also be times when a gang WANTS to send a message and should be doing so IN full colours. Again. I hope this is adequate clarification. 

Back