What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gathering Clams

MrClown

I've heard many people say that if you gather clams by landing your chopper on the island and then gathering clams from the sea near the island is going to resault onto a ban is it true that you need 2 people 1 on the pilot seat and 1 gathering the clams so you don't get banned? 

I've heard many opinions about it.

Gathering clams from the island is un-intended and a bug.  Doing it is considered an exploit and is a bannable offense.

Alright i got it.

Is going to co-pilot leaving the engine on and gathering clams by yourself an exploit too? 

Alright i got it.

Is going to co-pilot leaving the engine on and gathering clams by yourself an exploit too? 
Why don't you just do it with a friend and they can swim under water and fill your lovely huron from the ramp and chuck some nice clams in the back while you hover above with your wheels tucked in. :)

Alright i got it.

Yes. Just get out of your heli and gather them in the water, or do as stated above by Saul!

How is it an exploit though, what's the difference of you landing a heli an gather clams from ocean or hover above the exact same spot and gather it? Same gathering location. So is the island which is a part of the map unintendended?

How is it an exploit though, what's the difference of you landing a heli an gather clams from ocean or hover above the exact same spot and gather it? Same gathering location. So is the island which is a part of the map unintendended?
The whole idea of clam collecting is to utilize wet suits and other gear to swim out into the sea to pick them from the area marked on the map. Landing your heli on the beach and picking from there is clearly exploiting as you are not doing what you are supposed to do with the run.

One of the reasons I believe that clams are expensive is because it takes longer to dive down and collect them so that the time->money received ratio is set reasonably. What he means by hovering the helicopter is that you fly the heli far out to sea where the icon on the map is and hover a couple of meters above the water whilst they go down and pick the clams, as opposed to standing on a beach and picking them. The island is obviously part of the map howver being able to collecct clams from there is a bug like Mattch says.

If you land on the island you still have to swim out about 100m so you do utilise the wetsuits an rebreathers, i fail to see how that is exploiting.

If you land on the island you still have to swim out about 100m so you do utilise the wetsuits an rebreathers, i fail to see how that is exploiting.
We are talking about a different island. Thing is that you are supposed to dive to get the clams. However as you can read here there is a way to get yourself banned, by collecting clams from dry land. Making it quite abit easier to get money, thus exploiting. One of the islands got patched ages ago, however there still is a place to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if u land on the island u still need to swim and it takes like 45 min to do it and u can do it by yourself with hovering above the water takes the chance away of doing it by yourself

Back