What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Genuine Questions about the direction of the City.

I'm new to the server and always intended for my character to be a Park Ranger. I think being able to ping park rangers to deal with cougar attacks or help out ppl who have run out of fuel or broken down in the hills would create great Rp opportunities. 
I think something like this has been suggested. It would definitely be good for the NHS since mountain lion attacks are frequent and the NHS can't carry a weapon and they can get caught out when they are rescuing someone injured on the mountains.

I do feel that jobs should have a designated radio frequency so that it's not so lonely and you can roleplay with other people in the same job as you. It would help with the mundanity of the work , bring people together and even make them  help each other out. More so when there is a newbie to the job and they gets stuck on how they are meant to do the work like with Taxing NPC's or Impounding cars as a Mechanic. 

I've been bringing fuel and repair kits with me on my runs and have helped out a few people who were stranded so far which has lead to some fun RP.

I've been thinking about this for a long long time. There's alot of people within the city that have been RPing jobs as a way to create a hub for people to actually get a bit of interaction outside of grinding or selling drugs. For instance, Miguel (Chubbers) has started Tire Nutz recently, a few others like Nadine and Joe King have had the same thing in the past but it just fizzles out because there's no gain from it aside from slightly social and RP. Back when I first started playing on the server we did things like neighbourhood watch in the canals with a few people and it was a blast. But also doing things like writing up fake notices about bank security systems just to get a bit more RP when shop robberies were a thing, but nowadays it's just drugs or corruption. It does seem to be slowly picking up, and I'm sure the racing scene is about to explode due to the recent changes with cars and stuff. It's just going to take time I imagine as development has changed hands and stuff.

I did write a suggestion about this a while back, and the King Brothers had a massive part to play in it. Having communities based around different things would be an interesting way to generate RP and income, but at the same time not flood the economy as everyone has to work together (or against eachother) to keep prices/materials attainable or not depending on what you need. For instance, the car community, legal or not, would benefit from boosting or car scrapping. But, then mechanics may benefit or suffer from this as it could allow people to mod their own cars for cheaper or if the mechanic was dodgy they could "VIN scratch" it for them.

Even things like reworking the food system, so places like Burger Shot or Callaghan's Pizza become places that people genuinly need to visit and have an interaction to get some food, rather than just walking up to an empty store and buying a pizza that has been sat there for decades. This could also create jobs, albeit not well payed ones, such as burger flippers, delivery drivers (both takeaway and actual ingredient deliveries) and employees of stores.

These things wouldn't be incredibly difficult to incorporate, as the majority of the frameworks are already there, It's just being able to introduce them into the economy without turning it on its head is the issue. Personally, I think the way the prices of things have fluctuated so much, people that are either coming back to the city or been away for a while can find themselves destitute or sitting on something worth 10x the amount it was a month ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see, I'm not sure that any staff or mgt actually read these posts any more.  I still am none the wiser about what is going on economically in the city.

I am still waiting for an official answer And honestly i don't think I'll get one.

It feels like now that the dev team etc are only interested in clothing and car updates not actually balancing the economy of the city. We need to fix the foundations not put more frills on. 

Why are we even putting these changes in to give us more car and clothing options when quite frankly no-one will be able to afford them.

Or is this a way to allow police to easily identify those who are criminals?  Only those who are involved in illegally activity will afford them.

You see, I'm not sure that any staff or mgt actually read these posts any more.  I still am none the wiser about what is going on economically in the city.

I am still waiting for an official answer And honestly i don't think I'll get one.

It feels like now that the dev team etc are only interested in clothing and car updates not actually balancing the economy of the city. We need to fix the foundations not put more frills on. 

Why are we even putting these changes in to give us more car and clothing options when quite frankly no-one will be able to afford them.

Or is this a way to allow police to easily identify those who are criminals?  Only those who are involved in illegally activity will afford them.
Couldn't agree more the city's going crazy at the minute is what I have been told Drugs , and guns is all it is now I think this needs fixing ASAP or it will be detrimental to the servers pop.

see more water jobs would be cool spread the players out also get police and nhs water divisions to work  said things as sucken shipwrecks or oil rigs ... maby pearls (which can be taken to jewellers)

I think it’s unfair to say the devs don’t care. Don’t forget Recon has taken on a server where every other man is a millionaire had 5 expensive cars and an arsenal in his house. Gangs had unlimited potential for gun making and high amounts of stock. 

it takes time for all of this to dwindle to a point where long standing players are a lot closer to the normal baseline of other players. It isn’t the kind of game where you can do a reset or a fresh start. 
regarding the vehicle changes this is one of the major foundations of the city so it was important for them to balance it and update it. The same with the clothing. It is a standard feature that needed more attention. Besides, they have dedicated devs so it’s not like all the devs are sitting around making TShirts. 

the problem isn’t the amount of money jobs pay the problem is how much this is relative to car sale prices, shop prices and gun prices. But this almost an impossible thing to fix when it is a dynamic evolving economy based around the players. If people can and will pay for an evo at a £1mill then they will and that’s gonna be the price.  There’s only so much devs can do and it’s a better idea to try and bring the richest people down closer to the median that it is to try and raise everyone else up to meet the richest. 

I fully agree with you. i mean at the moment every mining job you cant make money unless you sell it to someone or a gang.

gangs control the drugs which kind of killed the hole earning respect in the city to find out locations of fields and stuff which was the best because you met so many people like this. You would earn respect working your way up and gangs would fight it out to control the field or processing sometimes if the cops raided gangs would come together at the field which again made a great role playing experience.

gangs should never get to just control the drugs the way they do it should be fields and so forth so they could either tax or what not.

i think since gangs control drugs its killed a big aspect of roleplay as you should have to go work and grind for the drugs like it use to be. all i see at the moment is everyone stood in car parks or on walls as they say all jobs have got boring because 1 money making is way to low for how much things cost. the tow trucking is broke most times. 

everyone should be able to do anything from drugs to normal jobs its just  worked better so much when you seen people grinding instead of just sat having it handed to them

i do hope somethings change in these ways as at the moment theres not a lot to do. ide rather grind and work hard as hell to do drugs rather than just buy it and thats it done 

Im not hating on devs or out i think the stuff you all do is fantastic so a big thank you for all your hard work.  its only the drugs and jobs that im talking about 🙂

thanks.

i must say a agree with both of your statments and think the server is abit boring and not alot to do now every body just sits around teasing others and swinging there dicks around because they think they a big gang or because they just board i would love to see a reason for gangs to interact with each other for a real reason like control of drugs i can fully understand why drugs are controlled by gangs but i must say the grind and the interation from the old coca feilds was alot better a createred alot more roleplay and i think something does need to happen for this city to stand out as much as any other city.

I think it’s unfair to say the devs don’t care. Don’t forget Recon has taken on a server where every other man is a millionaire had 5 expensive cars and an arsenal in his house. Gangs had unlimited potential for gun making and high amounts of stock. 

it takes time for all of this to dwindle to a point where long standing players are a lot closer to the normal baseline of other players. It isn’t the kind of game where you can do a reset or a fresh start. 
regarding the vehicle changes this is one of the major foundations of the city so it was important for them to balance it and update it. The same with the clothing. It is a standard feature that needed more attention. Besides, they have dedicated devs so it’s not like all the devs are sitting around making TShirts. 

the problem isn’t the amount of money jobs pay the problem is how much this is relative to car sale prices, shop prices and gun prices. But this almost an impossible thing to fix when it is a dynamic evolving economy based around the players. If people can and will pay for an evo at a £1mill then they will and that’s gonna be the price.  There’s only so much devs can do and it’s a better idea to try and bring the richest people down closer to the median that it is to try and raise everyone else up to meet the richest. 
Thank you, This does explain to me the priority of the changes,  I am by no means trying to be negative about the work done by the devs.  I fully appreciate that they work hard and do it of their own free will for free.  All of the work the have done has been phenomenal.

I wasn't saying they don't care either. but i see how this may have been seen.

It would seem that the people I am close to in the city and spend time with the most do not have the same view as the majority and i apologise for assuming that we were the consensus,   my circle don't find the vehicles to be as important or a key part in the city.  They find the interaction with others and the ability to RP "Live" and work a key feature.  

I apologise for misunderstanding the main focus and If I have offended anyone, I am sorry that you got offended.

Totally agree with this. I left a gang to go legit and run a mining company and then expand overtime, this however fell apart as we was making around 250k per day when stocked but hard hardly any space to stock this having somewhere other than trucks, houses to store would have been very useful. The company kept track of all deals and also creating new RP scenarios to try and create a legit business. 

There also needs to be some kind of interaction, like maybe being to fish in groups and use the phone to make fishing groups and then sell the stuff and cash is split between the group? Even some kind of new illegal stuff would be cool too as selling drugs isnt the funnest anymore in my personal opinion 

I definitely agree with this, every time I have tried going the legal way I end up neck deep in drugs, dealers and guns in my face. I really wish they would be more profitable as it's unfair to people who just want to live normal lives outside of crime. This is still a great server but I just wish that aspect should be addressed somehow to make it more fair and welcoming to new people.

Park Ranger : Is the most reasonable option however the progress is very slow and still the fuel for the truck costs more than the payments as the journeys are huge. however there are still unusable items (Leather) which have no use.
Even this is broken since the last update, no animals spawning anywhere.

Hey T. good point 🙂 and yes, would be lovely with more jobs, more options.. but tbf, they pay pretty good tho..
i made a new character, to see how bad it was.. (cause "Nadine" is doing good, so i did not feel any of the jobs issues) and i must say.. i had her for a week now.. i have 300k in my bank, an apartment for 70k and a speedo van (62k stock) + a Baller (60k private sale).. so its not THAT hard to live, u just need to put some work and RP in to it 😉

what i did was:

day 1. Food deliveries (£300- £500 pr job, fast and cheap in rented food car) till i had money for taxi license.. 

day 2. get license, rent a taxi and went driving NPC's around. (paid me between 1.5k and 3.5k pr NPC job, found a gas station on Alta street that has low fuel price (£6 petrol) and one in sandy's with even lower fuel price (£4 petrol) so it did pay egnough for fuel and food etc)

day 3. Got tired of taxi, spend money on Mechanic license, then started to lvl up (2,5k pr NPC job). Bought my Baller from Rocco (Grove/ vagos car sale)

day 4 and 5. lvl my mechanic, made 100k ish pr lvl. bought my Speedo van from Bosh trucking,  when i got tired of mechanic and needed a break, i went to the mine to get mining skill on coal, then smeltet it and dumped it (no one buy coal coke) 

day 6. hit max mechanic and lvl 1 mining / smelting.. i got 5k pr mechanic job and i spend a few hours on that. when tired i went mining for iron, smelted it, found a fella in RP who wanted to buy my ingots for 200 a piece.. (had my 250 storage van, so easy 50k a van) 

day 7. found a apartment by asking on tweedle.. boom, ready to stock up more meterials to sell for a fair amount of price.. 

i know i have a lot of time during the day.. so its a lot faster for me.. but add another week to it, and its do able for everyone 🙂 
it's not that hard to make money legit.. a bit boring YES! but not impossible.. 

i would loooove to see more types of legal jobs.. Trash trucks, actual people in resturants or shops, mechanics or postmail? anything 😄 cause yes, it gets boring after a week or two unless u have a goal.. if no long termed goal is set, then u are fucked if u don't have any decent RP'ing people around u in there 😄 

Much love ❤️ 

I make tonnes of money legally, you just need to use your imagination and some RP. You cant expect to play the game like a single player game where you go to point A and then on to Point B and collect £5k. Thats not what RP is, RP is taking the props you have on hand and creating a scenario that people will have fun in and want to buy into. 

The point of the server is RP so create a product (yourself) and then RP it. Advertise on Tweedle - run EVENTS - I am planning an open mic night at the comedy club, a demolition derby at the race track, a triathlon around the alamo sea and a couple of other ideas I havent finished fleshing out yet. Hell i even flirted with the idea of reprising the Epsilon program at one point! KIFFLOM brothers.... loads of fun to be had with the cultists! 

You can do helicopter tours around the island, tours of the stars houses up vinewood boulevard and into the hills, illegal street racing for pink slips (cars basically if you havent seen fast and furious), limousine rides for celebrities.... the list is endless. Lots of people have LOTS of money on the server now. My mining business has made me plenty of profit and I buy and sell ingots all day long. I make a mint because i got off my arse and RPed. I built a network of contacts to sell to and buy from and i am still looking for more people to do this with. always. 

The thing that put me off this server for a while was the queues. I didnt like waiting in queues but now that has been solved I am literally only limited by my time and my imagination. 

All of the above is stuff i want to get planned for weekend nights in the city but RL has taken me away briefly at the moment. When I am back on a stable internet connection I am going to be hosting events like the above - not for money - but for the laugh of it. I am not in a position where i need money any more as I have been in the city a long time but all throughout my time here I have just let my imagination run away with me and had some great fun doing it. 

I have several characters in the city now and I have met some awesome people, despite my grumpy persona as a Judge I have genuinely had a lot of LEGAL fun with a lot of people, sadly i just dont remember their names a lot of the time. 😄

All you need is time, a couple of mates and some imagination and you can happily make something that people will want to come along to! IF you make some money out of it then so be it, if you dont then oh well. You cannot have a crime RP server where legal work pays well, if it did then nobody would bother with the crime. You need to think up either A) your own good legal RP or B) think up some good crime RP - there is plenty to be had thats nothing to do with drugs. 

Back