What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Getting Started on Tanoa

Kaostic

WORMCQj.jpg

So you want to play on Tanoa? Well, here's a few tips to get you started!

General Information

• The economy on Tanoa is very different to Altis. Everything has been shrunk down, so it may not seem like you're making a lot of money, but you are.
  • Do not take out all £5,000 at once when you're getting started!
  • When you first join Tanoa Life, you will spawn in at the Airport in the Arrival "Cage"
  • Just outside, there is an ATM and a Quad Rental Store. It costs £250 to rent a Quad Bike. It does come with a Toolkit. It does not come with a Backpack.

If you do happen to damage your vehicle, you can repair your vehicle while your Toolkit is in your vehicle. You do not need it on your person.

[*]There is a bus stop just outside the Airport. This Bus will take you to Georgetown, among other stops (check your map to see the full Bus Route).

[*]Items are locked behind Level Requirements.

• You level up by gaining XP which you obtain through Legal Trade (mainly through processing, but you get a little for selling legal goods).
  • Doing naughty things (selling drugs) will reduce your XP and ultimately your level.

[*]If you're training with friends, make sure to bring two vehicles, not one.

Getting Started

• You have four choices when you get started (if you want to get started with making money).

1. Get a Quad Bike from the Rental Shop (-£250).
  • 2. Hitch a ride with a stranger / friend.
  • 3. Get the bus.

The buses on Tanoa are driven by real people, not NPCs, so please be patient and don't abuse the driver's when they arrive.
    Just because you've been waiting for 10 minutes, doesn't mean they have!

[*]4. Walk. I don't suggest this.

[*]When you start out, the best Trade Route to do is: Sugar Cane > Tanoa Sugar > Sugar Export (or Chocolate Factory. Sugar Export gives more profit though) > Mangos > Mango Stall > Repeat.

[*]Once you reach Level 2, you can go to Georgetown and purchase a Driving License (-£127) and a Hatchback (-£4,000) and continue doing your Sugar/Mango run.

• Alternatively, you can purchase a Copper Processing License (-£3,100) while continuing to use your Quadbike. Both options are viable starting points, and it's entirely up to you which you prefer. 
  • The Hatchback has more storage space and does mean you have a vehicle, should you crash (rather than having to rent another one when you wake up). The downside is that it's a bigger investment.

[*]Once you have the Copper Processing License, you can do Copper Runs. You will need a Pickaxe. These are purchased from the Supermarket for £20.

• You sell Copper at Daltgreen in the North East of the Island.

[*]When you manage to save up £8,000, you can purchase a Diamond Processing License and begin doing Diamond Runs. 

• Diamond Runs are arguably the best way to make money legally.

[*]You can also opt to continue doing Copper Runs until you get an Offroad (-£12,500) and, from there, continue to do Copper until you save up the £8,000 for Diamond Processing.

[*]If you do not wish to save up for the Diamond Processing / Copper Processing before partaking in those runs, you can mine the raw materials and then wait at the processor in the hope that a kind soul will process them for you. This is entirely up to you and, in some cases, can be beneficial.

Once you have your Offroad and Diamond Processing License, you're pretty much set for making money. Each Offroad Diamond Run will take between 20-30 minutes and will net you between 1,800 - 2,500 (depending if you go back to the Diamond Mine to get a second lot before selling). You should probably aim towards savings for a Truck License (-£3,000) > Truck Boxer (-£36,000) > Zamak Transport Covered (-£76,000?) > Tempest Transport Covered (-£96,000?). (I don't remember the exact prices for Zamak and Tempest)

FAQ

• Where do I sell Sugar?

Sugar Export / Chocolate Factory (Sugar Export nets a bit more profit, but is further away)

[*]Where do I sell Copper?

• Daltgreen in the North East.

[*]How do I pick Sugar / Mangos and mine Copper / Diamonds?

• Use your Windows Key!

[*]How do I access my vehicles trunk?

• Press T when you're looking at your vehicle. If you're within 8 meters, it will pop!

[*]I'm trying to mine Copper / Diamonds but I can't. Why?

• Do you have a pickaxe? If not, buy one from the Supermarket.

[*]How much is a Driver's License?

• £127.

[*]Do I have to have a Driver's License to drive a quadbike?

• You shouldn't. If the cops pull you over and question you, you probably should have one, but you can probably roleplay your way out of that ticket/impound.

[*]Can I ask to borrow a vehicle from somebody else?

• Yes, but not in Sidechat / your phone (unless you know them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back