What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Good (Reasonable) Headsets

Frisky Hen

The Only Hen with a Cock
Hi folks, 

So my headphones finally kicked the bucket today after about a month of twiddling the jack to make them work. Any of you that know me in game probably know that I have a terrible 10 year old mic (so bad that @Unlucky George refuses to talk to me until I get a new one). 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably good reasonably priced headset? Looking to spend a max of about €60 (about £45 for you folk) 

Thanks lovelies, 

Frisky Hen  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
turtle beach px22 is what i use, take a while to break in, but they ae really comfy.

Yea mate its pretty good. I am using it for like 4 months or so no changes and nothing. Its as good as the first day :p

I've read that they can snap fairly easily though :/. Sound quality good on them?

Cheap and cheerful earphones and a blue yeti stand alone mic is what i use

Any kind of Turtlebeach is ALWAYS good. Payed about 50€ for my old one and it lasted 2 years .. wich is very long for me haha because all the others didnt even make it a year with me :D

Any kind of Turtlebeach is ALWAYS good. Payed about 50€ for my old one and it lasted 2 years .. wich is very long for me haha because all the others didnt even make it a year with me :D
I had that mic too used I it for my PS3, PC and even used it to make youtube videos, until two years ago I got a golden Labrador puppy called Marley and he ate the cable 

Had some Turtle Beach P11's which lasted over 6 years and only recently started to fail on me constantly. Now I'm using an Element Gaming Neon 250 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Element-Gaming-Headset-Neon-250/dp/B00Q6FKU58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436622766&sr=8-1&keywords=Element+Gaming+neon and for the price the sound is great, plenty of audio options you can fiddle with but the mic isn't fantastic but I use a Blue Snowball so it wasn't a big deal for me, the mic isn't as bad as some others I've heard people using though. It's a well built, solid frame and band but the issue I have at the moment is the leather ear cups, it gets warm under them but they're still very comfortable.

I buy most things on a budget, a low budget and I tend to spend a lot of time looking at my options to get the best value for money and the best performance with what I eventually purchase. It's not always the best way but it gets me by.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read that they can snap fairly easily though :/. Sound quality good on them?
Logitech G430 are awesome, i've had mine for nearly two years and no problems with them. Sound quality is amazing, but will differ from your original headphones, they also have some sort of sound cancelling for background noise which is nice. However, I found that with the driver you have to install with them, some games you have to play in 7.1 as movement can be heard a lot more prominently in one ear than the other in 5.1. But it is a good cheap headset.

Turtlebeaches however, I had 3 P11's (I think that is what they were) over 2-2.5 years before that as the sound would just stop in one or the other ear. I looked after them very well too, wasn't abuse that caused it. Plus I found the customer support rather poor, but that could be my experience.

Personally I'd recommend moving away from headset and purchase a set of good headphones (Something from sennheiser or similar) which are available at a variety of prices depending on your budget and the invest in a good quality stand alone mic, either some from blue such as the snow ball, yeti or yeti pro or something like the røde NT-USB (Wish this was released when I bought my snowball). 

My reason for this recommendation is the requirement to spend significantly more money on a "Gaming headset" to achieve the same audio quality that can be experienced from a relatively cheap set of music orientated headphones. Something like the HD202 headphones are far superior than the majority of gaming headsets I have tried, through the majority of frequencies headphones like these perform almost faultlessly, with, depending on what models you choose, usually with variation at the upper or lower end of the spectrum (Which will not effect your gaming experience).

The entry level set up of a blue snowball and HD201's would put you slightly over budget at 60 ish gbp (From memory) but in the long run I think you'f have a much better experience.

Turtlebeach is shit

Logitech ftw

Cheap plastic < Metal

Sades are decent quality decent price bought my son 1 for xmas last year and I was jelly, given I use a logitech G35 that says quite a bit.

Thanks so much for all the replies guys :D  Once the next paycheck comes through I'm going to make an order :)  

Back