What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Goodbye, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B... but who’s gonna help me take @Wayfarer hostage and steal his black fish.. 

9 hours ago, Perspective said:
Due to some recent events involving the community, I've realised that the server just isn't for me anymore.​

9 hours ago, Colonel Paulo said:
Hopefully you'll be able to overcome this unpleasant situation. 

Well that makes it sound like someone has murdered someone else or something bad, Care to share the situation with the staff team so they can see if it can be resolved rather than running away from issues?

no

wait why do i care im like never here. nah much love perspective, you're cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you return to server lol id really miss those moments of shooting you down and you calling me all those things Xd luv you ❤️

Bye Perspective, I understand why you are leaving and i hope you find happiness somewhere else. It was always a good time with you. 

@Perspective - Hopefully you've had a chance to speak to some of the staff and go over what has happened. Hopefully that has at least enabled you to share your burden and offload some of the pain it caused. I appreciate it won't just magically make it go away though, but at least you should realise by now that for every idiot that makes you the focus of **his own** problems, there are at least five other non-idiots that have your back.

Steps are being taken to deal with the perpetrator, as you probably well know. And that should maybe bring some comfort, I hope. However, because humans are humans, I cannot promise you that it will never, ever happen again, or that we'll somehow detect it before it happens, or that we can make every asshole into a lovely upstanding, non-knuckledragging member of the human race. That would be difficult, even for our wonderful staff here. 😉

But what I can promise you is corrective action, help, and support if anything like this happens again. We take a very dim view of bullying or disgusting OOC behaviour, but it first requires us to know it has even happened, before we can act. We don't always need videos or recordings to be able to begin an investigation; this is not a 'comp for RDM' issue, this is way more serious, and things like confidentiality, protection of sources, safe-harbour and good, old-fashioned common decency come into it. These are REAL LIFE rules, not Altis Life rules, and we take each case as we find them, as sensitively and responsibly as we can.

I am gutted to think that you'd leave because of one - or perhaps a few - total dickheads, when there are so many other great people who just want to roleplay with you and have fun like normal people. If you're giving up on ARMA RP or videogames completely, then I guess we've lost you, and lost out badly... but I have a hunch you might be thinking you'll find another ARMA RP community with a better audience that is more-respecting of women. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you won't. It's one of the things that separates RPUK from the competition; we come down **very hard** on this kind of thing, and we will do everything to bring justice to bear on those who do it. 

Building a robust player-base that includes women is extremely hard, but incredibly important to us. We know what adolescent teenagers are like. We know what even grown-men's banter can be like. I cannot promise we'll change all of that for the better; keyboard-warrior syndrome (or just keyboard-dickhead syndrome) is very difficult to combat from afar, across the internet, where perpetrators feel untouchable or invincible. But we can try. Behaviour norms are set by the society that exists around the people within it; if we lose all our women-folk, then we just revert more and more to the 'Lord of the Flies' mentality, because there are fewer people for the idiots to encounter in order to realise their behaviour is abnormal. I'm not going to give you any 'stay here for girl-power' BS, but you get what I'm on about, I hope. You can do more good by nailing this kind of stuff here at RPUK, than you could by leaving and going to another community where you're 100% bound to encounter the same crap, but perhaps with less support - and sadly, some even more toxic players. We know, because we banned many of them from here already. 😉

Stay. Please. What you've experienced is abnormal. Don't normalise it by letting it win. Even if it costs the perpetrator dearly, if it causes you to leave, then they've still won. Stick it to them and all the other assholes who do this kind of thing. You're better than them. Help us to face them down, and keep hold of your rightful place here. We have your back. And we will see the back of people who behave the way they did. It's that simple. We need your help to do that. Stick around.

Thanks, TinyBigJacko.

After reading your message, together with speaking to some members of the staffteam, I can completely agree that it isn't worth leaving the server over. 

There will always be people who acts a certain way, and there's no changing that, but it shouldn't have to be a reason to leave,

One of the main reasons I made the decision was that i didn't think anything could be done as there was no recording available, which was quite frankly incredibly frustrating. However, the staffteam has been incredibly helpful regarding the matter, and I'm incredibly happy to see that the situation isn't taken lightly.

To the next staffmember to view this thread -

I'd like to request for this thread to be archieved. I don't think I'm done with RPUK yet.

Upon request, this thread is archieved. Welcome back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back