What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

GTA RP - Massive opportunity being missed

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
The Issue: I feel a massive opportunity is being missed in terms of converting search traffic to server/community traffic 

Currently, for the search term "GTA RP" in google.co.uk, Roleplay.co.uk sits 3rd for that search term which various tools are advising pulls in around 6,500+ searches per month in the UK alone and if we are lucky enough to improve on that position globally that search term pulls in over 200,000+ per month.

However, the issue is anyone visiting from that keyword is currently served with this - https://www.roleplay.co.uk/gtarp/ which was great to put up to have something up at the start a few years back but now it's actually ranking I believe that RPUK can make this so so much better as it is rather outdated and looking awful, this is a huge opportunity "a shop window" to grab the attention of people who have headed to google in search of a new server or new players who do not know about the cluttered (IMO) FIVEM server search tool

Can management have a look (unfortunately it would need to be management) into how many people are coming from 3rd position in analytics on that page that will gauge where the site is currently at that in itself might make this suggestion be a no brainer!

What I suggest: I will start by saying @Ciaranwont like it! but with the proper security (Wordfence among other tools) a WordPress website hosted on https://www.roleplay.co.uk/gtarp/ (use separate hosting if needed!) done nicely with a proper theme (I have one perfect one in mind) and a showcase of what the server offers, weekly interviews with characters on the server and other fun stuff like weazel news, updates from the Police commissioner this keyword among others this WordPress site can go after and potentially with the current strong authority of the website bring in more traffic than the forums do currently into the community

What it will need: A team who can produce some fine and fun content! and a leader of this team who gets SEO to go after and clean up on every keyword possible connected to Roleplay on GTA

This community hasn't reached its prime yet! We haven't started to climb the mountain... let's not leave these potential Roleplayers on the table... Invite them in for a coffee or a pint in that new Irish pub!

With love and dribble from the retirement home

Wilco

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that it's a missed opportunity, especially if you get some people to do a keyword research within Google Ads to streamline the keywords needed on your website. One thing that would be needed though is a website that is kept up to date. A lot of things on the website are outdated (for example the most recent event mentioned is the Halloween event). I do a lot of SEO for my job and honestly it's super easy. The hardest part I think is making content.

👆 Contender for this team... Just let me loose on that WordPress theme 😁

Do not get me wrong, I still do think the forums should be the main page, It screams established and shows from the off its a community thing!

@Wilco- Shoo! Back to the retirement home! I thought I told the clerk to cut off your internet supply...

In reality... Yeah! I've got 0 experience with SEO rankings myself, but logically speaking I can see why it'd help providing we can form (and retain) a good team to create content, posts, etc.

@GordonIts prune juice Saturday, they turn the WeeFee on and we go wild until at least 7.30pm!

I am sure there are some budding journalists out there to do interviews for a spotlight on Dave from the orange cap gang for a madeup example...(needs to be done in game!) the characters provide the content with their answers

As for the main features of the server that needs to be written once it can even contain video as long as these pesky devs don't do a massive update ( @Stoneman issues)

Right i am off for the night, @Reverendis doing karaoke in 10 mins! Cannot miss it! 

It's been a day... this hasn't been implemented

There now needs to be a community meeting on teamspeak waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

😎

+1, I used to work on web design and hosting which in turn meant I dealt with Search Engine Optimisation and can recommend (IF using WordPress, some simple plugins that will ensure that the SEO position is at 100%)

@TommyTV A few tweaks to Yoast and a fast website is all you need... It's all about the good content especially with the google "Helpful" update that is on the horizon

Good keyword research is a must to mop up all them longtails! 

Another brain for this team! 👆 Where is management... the team is forming 😎

@TommyTV A few tweaks to Yoast and a fast website is all you need... It's all about the good content especially with the google "Helpful" update that is on the horizon

Good keyword research is a must to mop up all them longtails! 
Most definitely! A proper test with Lighthouse would show some good results as well

Back