What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

GTX 1080

Tadworth

In the shadows
Dev Team
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, What do we all think? Some sick tech specs on this thing, design looks top notch but the question is, who will be buying one? :D

So much exciting stuff going on at the moment in the gaming scene, new BF which looks awesome, new GTX 1080, new CoD that looks as exciting as a dead tree, can't wait to see what is yet to come! :D

More info about the GTX 1080 can be found here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080 (I may buy one but am wondering about the possibility of a 1080Ti?

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome, I really like the 4k@ 120Hz, should be a good card but I feel it will be quite expensive! :D

I am definitely buying a 1080 or a 1080Ti, the only question is whether or not I can hold myself back until the release of the 1080Ti (if one will ever be released, you never know).

Looks pretty cool for the price Titan x level performance and the VR enhancements!

Haven't got a desktop though just a laptop with a 970M which isn't VR Ready :( But I bet the 1000M series for laptops will hit the requirements for VR :(

i might buy one considering my pc needs a serious upgrade

And that @Vladic Ka is why you don't buy a graphic card with less than a month for next gen chipset to be released :p

Oh shit I best get rid of this Titan now. Its suddenly turned into a shit card..........

No price atm! Will post here as soon as one is announced, expect it to be the same as the current 980s.
It will retail at 600 USD

source: http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/06/nvidias-new-gtx-1080-gpu-is-even-faster-than-the-titan-x/

I quote: 

The GTX 1080 will be available for $599 on May 27, and you can also snag a special NVIDIA-designed "founders edition" for $699 (which looks like it includes a stylish new cooler). Almost as an afterthought, NVIDIA also revealed that the GTX 1070 is coming on June 10 for $379 (the founders edition will run you $449).

42 Grange Ave, Stockton-on-Tees, Billingham
57713934.jpg

Can't wait to buy myself a GTX 970 or 980... The prices are gonna be reduced by a lot. Double 980 SLI...

Can't wait to buy myself a GTX 970 or 980... The prices are gonna be reduced by a lot. Double 980 SLI...
You might aswell just get the 1070.

here are the prices and dates it you guys don't know.

From the nvida live stream.
GTX 1080 = $599 - May 27th

GTX 1070 = $379 - June 10th

Also if the 700 series was amything to go by, scumbag NVidia might start the whole planned obsolescence thing again. You'd be way better off getting a 1000 series card. Might upgrade my 980 to a 1080ti when it releases...

On the other hand, https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/amd-reportedly-launching-polaris-gpus-this-month/?PageSpeed=noscript

Never had an AMD card, had tyo work with ATI's back in 1999 and they were a real FUCK off with drivers on the render farm, and in the studio :/ so always stuck to Nvidia.
But that all said, AMD have been performing well, and others I know with AMD cards have had no issues with them, and their surround solution works better than Nvidia's, Although I doubt that to be true with the new features coming with the pascal architechture, Super excited alhtough I suppose this really only affects people like me who actually game on multi monitor setups. youtube video

Thes AMD cards are designed to provide power per watt, and it should be interesting to see if AMD can keep up with Nvidia, Personally I hope so as I would hate a gaming world ruled soley by Nvidia. But then again, Nvidia are really ruling the roost at the moment, but AMD is making inroads quite well, it shall be interesting to see how the companies adjust their roadmaps and strategies in the near future.

*disclaimer: if your a fanboi who is about to lambast this post soley on bullshit please reconsider as I have some rather rude replies ready for you :)

Back