What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

GTX 960 MSI Gaming 4GB - yes or no?

Tivroxx

i currently have a i7 and a geforce GTX 650... and currently my fps is a bit shit sometimes so i want to upgrade so could you guys give me your opinion on the GTX 960 MSI Gaming 4GB.

And is there really a difference between the 2GB and 4GB in performance?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can afford to save up for the 1070 as TikTak says - it'll be a much more powerful card, however if you are constrained by budget to the 9xx series, get the 4GB 960, 970 or 980. Dont get a 2GB card, it just isnt enough VRAM for high res, high detail gaming anymore.

@Tivroxx

@Zeitoi think it will probably be the 9xx series.

What fps you think i get with i7 and GTX 960?
What i7 have you got? Arma is more dependent on CPU than GPU. I have a 980ti and i7-4790k and i get 60fps usually, drops a little in busy towns to 50-odd fps depending on people, vehicles, objects.

What i7 have you got? Arma is more dependent on CPU than GPU. I have a 980ti and i7-4790k and i get 60fps usually, drops a little in busy towns to 50-odd fps depending on people, vehicles, objects.
i7-4770

you should be good for around the same 50+ fps with the 960. Definitely get the 4gb model. You might want to wait and see if market prices for the 9xx series drop a little, but i dont expect them to drop a huge amount, but for reference my 980ti was about £560 and the new 1080 card is around £600 i think.

you should be good for around the same 50+ fps with the 960. Definitely get the 4gb model. You might want to wait and see if market prices for the 9xx series drop a little, but i dont expect them to drop a huge amount, but for reference my 980ti was about £560 and the new 1080 card is around £600 i think.
Defiantly this !!! I have seen 980 Ti's going for around £380 already as people are prepping for the 1080

well, no point deciding anything till the card is released, why make a decision on something you have no choice over.

Back