What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Guide To What Is VDM and RDM

So what happens when someone is shooting at you, are you allowed to run them over?
No, running anyone over, in any situation other than "They deliberately ran in-front of my vehicle and I had absolutely no way to avoid hitting them" is against the rules. Suffice to say, if you did it deliberately, its wrong.

What are the rules on execution? When is it useable, when is it not.

Example; I take a cop/rebel hostage but then I have to leave and I can't take him with me but I can't let him live because he has info on me (e.g my name, what I look like, which direction I will leave in) so I execute him while he is ziptied. Is this RDM?

What are the rules on execution? When is it useable, when is it not.

Example; I take a cop/rebel hostage but then I have to leave and I can't take him with me but I can't let him live because he has info on me (e.g my name, what I look like, which direction I will leave in) so I execute him while he is ziptied. Is this RDM?
As long as its role-played properly, don't think there are any issues there.

Got a few I would like clarified with a simple yes or no.

1a. Driving in a convoy with my gang/friends, a fair bit of space between us but I can clearly see them. They stop to help someone repair a vehicle or they get asked to stop by bandits. Now, I would pull over and hide and slowly approach, I see they are pointing guns at my friend and he has his hands up. In this situation am I allowed to open fire? Having to show myself to initiate myself  in the RP is a massive weakness.

1b. Same situation, however I am not within view of his car getting pulled over. Surely a convoy of cars would have a radio to                   warn to warn the others when they are getting pulled over?

2. I get pulled over, I can clearly see they have guns. Am I allowed to just shot them? Lets say there is two, I have a decent chance of surviving. In this situation I am screwed if I have "warn" them before I shot them, because they already have the upper hand and will clearly shot me if I try anything once I get close enough, my chance is then gone. I have all my oil in my car and pretty much all my money, I would not let some bandits with guns get second more reaction than me.

I feel as a legal citizen in any situation you are massively in crap odds of coming out positivity in any situation, simply because of the "initiating RP" element. In my opinion, as soon as you are pulled over or asked to stop by people with guns, the scenario has already been set and I shouldn't have to warn them before I start shooting. As a person you would weigh up the outcomes in your head as they are pulling you over.

I may have a wrong view on the RDM, but this is my understanding of it.

No, running anyone over, in any situation other than "They deliberately ran in-front of my vehicle and I had absolutely no way to avoid hitting them" is against the rules. Suffice to say, if you did it deliberately, its wrong.
Thats pretty stupid IMO.

If someone is trying to kill you by shooting at you with a weapon, where is the problem in using your vehicle to hit them?

Obviously the rules will be followed, but id like to know the reasoning for this rule as it doesnt make sense to me.

Got a few I would like clarified with a simple yes or no.

1a. Driving in a convoy with my gang/friends, a fair bit of space between us but I can clearly see them. They stop to help someone repair a vehicle or they get asked to stop by bandits. Now, I would pull over and hide and slowly approach, I see they are pointing guns at my friend and he has his hands up. In this situation am I allowed to open fire? Having to show myself to initiate myself  in the RP is a massive weakness.

1b. Same situation, however I am not within view of his car getting pulled over. Surely a convoy of cars would have a radio to                   warn to warn the others when they are getting pulled over?

2. I get pulled over, I can clearly see they have guns. Am I allowed to just shot them? Lets say there is two, I have a decent chance of surviving. In this situation I am screwed if I have "warn" them before I shot them, because they already have the upper hand and will clearly shot me if I try anything once I get close enough, my chance is then gone. I have all my oil in my car and pretty much all my money, I would not let some bandits with guns get second more reaction than me.

I feel as a legal citizen in any situation you are massively in crap odds of coming out positivity in any situation, simply because of the "initiating RP" element. In my opinion, as soon as you are pulled over or asked to stop by people with guns, the scenario has already been set and I shouldn't have to warn them before I start shooting. As a person you would weigh up the outcomes in your head as they are pulling you over.

I may have a wrong view on the RDM, but this is my understanding of it.
1a. Not RDM as RP was established with your affiliate.

1b. Not RDM if RP was initiated already and you were warned.

2. Yes as no RP was initiated. Remember that they also have to initiate RP with you,so the verbal pause works both ways.

-Provocation and aggravation of victims.

Example-Civilian A tells Rebel B "You don't have the balls to shoot me!" You have just directly engaged them in RP involving your own death and they may now act upon it. You should have just said "Leave me alone!"*bang* not RDM "How about I drag my balls across your face!?" You have just provoked and aggravated a Rebel who can now kill you for RP reasons.
Would it be classed as ''Provocation and aggravation of victims'', if someone was to declare their intentions to rob or shoot me?

Would it be classed as ''Provocation and aggravation of victims'', if someone was to declare their intentions to rob or shoot me?
If he says:

"Put your hands up right now!"

or

"You'll die now!"

Then yes, you have every right to shoot him.

two rebels in middle of road in go karts im in a truck..they shout stop or they shoot can i shout back that im not stopping for no one and push my way through?

two rebels in middle of road in go karts im in a truck..they shout stop or they shoot can i shout back that im not stopping for no one and push my way through?
No, you are NEVER allowed to ram or crash into another vehicle.

EDIT Unless you are trying to unstuck something.. which has happened to me alot.

EDIT 2: Is unstuck even a word? Im tired..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back