What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gun doesnt shoot

Baron Butcher

Steam ID: 76561198096389120

Character ID: 84398

When did this happen: 07/16/23

Summary: Gun doesnt shoot

Full Description:
Ever since one of the updates our guns stop shooting or shooting then stop. As you can see in the video

When you can shoot at all you have to press the ALT key to fix it, but then sometimes it just doesnt work. Many other people have the same issue

The issues also happens when you aint behind cover

Images / Video's
https://streamable.com/sqxkew

https://gyazo.com/d2788df5ec13228d09c0c2cf21c952e0

Another pov of the gun not shooting

This is the first I've heard of the issue and I haven't experienced this at all during the many times I've been shooting on my dev server. Any ideas on how to reproduce this?

Also the first clip you included isn't related to this since that would've just been the anti-ghost peek system (since you were trying to shoot over the fence however the bullet would've collided with the horizontal part of the fence so it was blocked).

Not sure if we can comment on bug reports, but I might have some clips of this happening also, if I can find them Ill post them here.

If it helps in reproducing the bug, it has been happening occasionally since the Anti Ghost Peak update and happens most often when you try to shoot when close to a wall, a high fence, windows etc where the update prevents you from firing due to the position you character is in relative to the object that is impeding them.

It then prevents you from shooting at all until you put your gun away and take it back out and sometimes can only be fixed by dropping the weapon and picking it back up. 

Again, If I can find the clips I will post them later. 

This is the first I've heard of the issue and I haven't experienced this at all during the many times I've been shooting on my dev server. Any ideas on how to reproduce this?

Also the first clip you included isn't related to this since that would've just been the anti-ghost peek system (since you were trying to shoot over the fence however the bullet would've collided with the horizontal part of the fence so it was blocked).
I have no idea on how to reproduce it, allot of firearms have the same issue, we are not even behind stuff and you shoot but nothing happens untill you press your ALT.

Ill  keep playing to see if there is a pattern 

For me, usually when I exit the vehicle, the gun only fires 1 bullet then stops and I have to leave and hold left click again

I had the issue for a long time and as soon you use the alt (eye) i make it so i cannot shoot or only fire one time and then nothing happens.  Belive it has something do to with the alt key for allmost every time i just the alt key i have to press it multi time to get the eye to working or i'm just stuck with the eye and can't turn around.    All of this start happning when i start using big screen and bigger resolution.   I found the fix for myself i to do /resetui as soon i used the alt key (eye) and now i can shoot every time and the eye working the first time i press it.  

I had the issue for a long time and as soon you use the alt (eye) i make it so i cannot shoot or only fire one time and then nothing happens.  Belive it has something do to with the alt key for allmost every time i just the alt key i have to press it multi time to get the eye to working or i'm just stuck with the eye and can't turn around.    All of this start happning when i start using big screen and bigger resolution.   I found the fix for myself i to do /resetui as soon i used the alt key (eye) and now i can shoot every time and the eye working the first time i press it.  
Interesting. I very recently changed from 1080p to 4k, since then, I've had to deal with insane UI lag. UI will completely freeze for even 10-15 seconds. I press F2 and it'll just freeze and I have to sit there waiting for it to catch up. Are you experiencing a similar problem? Does the server just not work well at higher resolutions? /resetui never seemed to help a lot, especially not seen as me hitting T to open chat to even do it, is another thing that'll just freeze.

Interesting. I very recently changed from 1080p to 4k, since then, I've had to deal with insane UI lag. UI will completely freeze for even 10-15 seconds. I press F2 and it'll just freeze and I have to sit there waiting for it to catch up. Are you experiencing a similar problem? Does the server just not work well at higher resolutions? /resetui never seemed to help a lot, especially not seen as me hitting T to open chat to even do it, is another thing that'll just freeze.
Did search on Google fivem ui lag and there and found a fix that work for me so no more lag 😄

same here i was at the back of triads in a shootout and wouldnt let me shoot i had to stop aiming then re aim and still wouldnt let me shoot, i feel the ghost peaking fix has made non ghost peak not even shootable

i feel the ghost peaking fix has made non ghost peak not even shootable
As I said above that is not the case, if there is something in between the gun and wherever you are aiming then it prevents you shooting (the anti-ghost peek is based on the gun not your body)

Last edited by a moderator:
Logged as issue ref#605. I will leave this report unlocked, please continue to add information/videos where possible if this continues to happen

Thank you for your help in alerting us to this bug, now that all of the required information has been gathered, it's been logged with the development team who will look to fix this. ​

200.gif

​

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add to this discussion - over the last month of so I've been experiencing an issue where I cannot fire my sidearm when I am in a car, at all. Outside of a vehicle I've had zero issues. Feels like this only started to happen within the last month or so.

Back