What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gun-Durability

Kieffer

I personally feel the new gun system is killing the average player, obtaining weapons seems to becoming harder and harder. Subsequently causing worse RP due to NVL and people not wanting to lose what is now hours of work and potentially a irreplaceable item. 

I feel the system has its positives and negatives and with a few tweaks could become overall positive, what my suggestion would be is the durability only begins to decrease with time once the gun has been shot. As currently its near enough useless to work towards an armory of guns as your investment is literally decaying the minute its bought. This would in turn create more RP with gun sales as many guns now are being kept within gangs. On the other hand the repair kits could become more accessible creating a more viable option for repair, as in my experience the repairing of guns isn't so frequently done outside of gangs. 

As always with these suggestion other opinions are very much needed and maybe someone can change my mind or add to the vision. 

I think the point is, that they don't want people to have a stockpile of guns.

Not a dev

Maybe a staff member or whoever could shed light on why as I cant really see a negative in stockpiling of weapons, especially when there's no sufficient way for the more average crim to repair them consequently having to rely on others. 

I don’t see any issue with how the system is currently. Buy what you need, it takes a while for a gun to break. It should also be hard to aquire a gun, half a year ago a fresh player could go to practically anyone wearing a mask/balaclava etc and get a whole pricelist like everyone was a traveling merchant. 

If you have the connections you shouldn’t be affected too much. If you don’t have those, maybe it’s something to look forward and make a goal for it.

durability only begins to decrease with time once the gun has been shot
this I agree when they are in the container I think they should maybe get damaged/ruined due to it not being used but the durability should only go down on the guns that are on the player and when being shot in my opinion 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back