What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gym & fitness

DavidGaming

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary: A way that you lose strength and stamina.

Detailed Suggestion:

Right now everyone on the server is basically an athlete, what I propose is a way that the strength and stamina stats decrease so you need to go to the gym on the regular in order to be in tip top shape.

Beside loosing levels of strength and stamina I'll suggest to also limit how many you can get in a day, so you can't just speed run max stats in 2 hours.

For example you could use 2-3 levels every 24 hours and be able to get only 5-7 levels every 24 hours. So that way it will take you some time and commitment to get fully max level.

The Pros: Will make a difference from people that want to RP aggressive fighters that will go to the gym everyday and regular guys that will go only once a week or so.

The Cons: Dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes

I'll say it can change the balance on the server but not by much.

I'm going to downvote this suggestion, based on the system you suggested. You are basically changing the strength/stamina system to make it like an MMORPG daily grind thing, where if you dont do it you'll be left behind. Even though it seems like the strength/stamina system is negligible, its actually very important mainly when people are involved in illegal activities.

Stamina determines how long a footchase happens, be it crim vs cops or crim vs crim. Strength determines who wins in a melee encounter, being able to fight/ defend yourself. Im sure many of you can agree that these situations happen A LOT on the server. 

I can understand that you want a degrading strength/stamina system, which makes sense cause obviously not everyone is an athlete, sure. But the system you propose only helps the ones that are on the server daily, and grinding. Some people dont have the time for it, sometimes only playing for like 2 hours a day. Lets say for example this person RPs as an athlete on the server, but due to IRL commitments, he effectively is unable to do so because of the degrading strength system based on time. 

With that, I would suggest a different system, although I wouldnt really want it that much, but it should be far better than what you suggested. Maybe you can make it so people lose strength/stamina when the get downed or respawn (NLR). This makes it so people who are concious about their health (strength/ stamina stats) would make sure they stay safe and away from harm. It also makes sense as people who get health problems/ injuries may be physically weaker than those who are fit and healthy. This change can be balanced to "degrade on death only(respawn)" if people think that we all get downed too often. Thats my opinion on this 🙂 

-1, whilst i appreciate it may be more realistic to hit the gym more we have to remember this is roleplay and we need to get some enjoyment out of it also. Hitting the gym can take precious time away from people who just want to provide that RP and not have to worry about hitting the gym and planning things like that into their daily RP lives. Once a week would be ok but daily noooooooooooo.

Back