What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Handcuffs

Barry C

Donator
Donator
I believe the police handcuffs should have a use to players that have robbed an officer to collect such item as there is no current use for them for people out of the police. Maybe if there was a way that zipties could change and maybe give the victim ziptied a chance to escape every 3 minutes or so, this would give handcuffs a purpose for people who decide to take them from police. This may need an extra item to be added for example a key that goes with the handcuffs or maybe they could just be part of the item.

Big -1 from me.

This would:

- ruin the market and value of zip ties .

- cops getting (even) more robbed.

Realistically,  u need a small pin to open the handcuffs from you to be able to use them,  and I believe that is the reason civs like us can't use them

+1 From me.

Big -1 from me.

This would:

- ruin the market and value of zip ties .

- cops getting (even) more robbed.

Realistically,  u need a small pin to open the handcuffs from you to be able to use them,  and I believe that is the reason civs like us can't use them
Also there is a pretty easy fix. Handcuffs are reusable. Meaning a civ would only need 1 instead of carrying multiple zipties around. Sure cops would get robbed a little more this way but I doubt people will start robbing them for the handcuffs alone. This way Zipties don't need to change and Handcuffs become useful. As for the key or pin? Let's be honest here you would steal that from the cop as you take the handcuffs because indeed without it they have no value. This way Zipties remain the same Cops should not be robbed much more and we get to use handcuffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can zip ties remain the same if by robbing a cop you get "inifite zipties"?

Imagine if guns wouldn't have a durability. Police were vending machines. (This had happen in the past, and forced some changes in the past... that are still in place)

Same analogy for handcuffs and zipties. If you, by robbing a cop, get an item that you can use an infinite amount of times, why would you even consider buying zipties? Specially when this item will never disappear unless by your own fault.

Zipties would be completely useless after that.

Police would get robbed even more, then what they are already for guns..

-1 from me, 

just another item to become vendalised for 

How can zip ties remain the same if by robbing a cop you get "inifite zipties"?

Imagine if guns wouldn't have a durability. Police were vending machines. (This had happen in the past, and forced some changes in the past... that are still in place)

Same analogy for handcuffs and zipties. If you, by robbing a cop, get an item that you can use an infinite amount of times, why would you even consider buying zipties? Specially when this item will never disappear unless by your own fault.

Zipties would be completely useless after that.

Police would get robbed even more, then what they are already for guns..
I wouldn't say useless mainly because zipties are a legal item. If you are caught with them there are no issues. Handcuffs need to be taken from police and should you caught with them that's a hefty charge.

Sure the balance of Zipties would indeed change and they would reduce in Value but in my opinion they would not be useless.In addition they could add a sort of charge system to Handcuffs for civilians.

And you said it yourself they are already robbed for their guns why not give it access to handcuffs too and add the old system of there is a chance they break and could be repaired. There should indeed be a system to prevent too many Handcuffs to go around in circulation but currently it makes no sense for them to be unusable to us.

I don't think this is something that we need at the moment. 
Aside from the amount of robberies of police going up  which would impact Response, RPU and probies it would like others have mentioned ruin a part of the economy.

Given in the current time where devs have their hands full overhauling the weapons, clothes and vehicles due to CFX policy changes it would not be something they should be spending their time on. 

Maybe this option could be explored in the future for some sort of use but not right now imo.

We wouldn't even add nothing really, just make another item act like a ziptie, that can break when dropped,  has durability, can cause more cop being robbed, prevents economy be possibly removing a money sink, zipties would need reevaluation, possibly price adjust, which in hindsight mean the recipe should also be adjusted, maybe reduce the amount of materials, mas use other materials and probably way more I didn't thought about.

So many things so handcuffs can do what zipties are here for.

I just don't see the point

Back