What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Harder to lockpick player cars

A

Anonymous Eagle

Brief Summary: 

Make it so its harder to lockpick player owned vehicles

Detailed Suggestion: 

At the minute its extremely easy to lockpick player vehicles and vanish not giving the player even a chance to get to the alarm before its gone 

Maybe as an optional upgrade in bennies or something

The Pros:

Actual effort has to go into getting into a player owned vehicle and you cant just get in and drive off within seconds/minutes 

The Cons:

the people that sit at smelter and know how the mechanics/ranges of the alarm will have to put more effort in

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

makes it more fairer i would say

Even just giving player cars the same level of locks the police station doors have and making the dial turn alot slower would be better than nothing

image.png

Perhaps more skillbased lockpicking like this would be nice. So you can gain lockpicking skill to make it easy yourself but at the start should be a hastle to get that level high up. I also think on failed lockpicking the lockpick kind of needs a higher chance to set the alarms and break.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think you should lockpick a car then have to hotwire it with a mini game once you get in it

+1 Car stealing in the game is too common and once you lose a car eg. after 8pm storm, its near impossible to get it back cause people will either hide it or drive it in the ocean just to troll. If lockpicking was harder, people would actually have a chance to save their cars before they get nicked.

I personally think you should lockpick a car then have to hotwire it with a mini game once you get in it
Exactly how I would envision it best being improved.

Lockpicking the car to gain access, but then you have to get in and hotwire to get it started. Chance of alarm going off at either the point of gaining entry or during hotwire process. Add a higher risk of drawing attention to yourself.

Exactly how I would envision it best being improved.

Lockpicking the car to gain access, but then you have to get in and hotwire to get it started. Chance of alarm going off at either the point of gaining entry or during hotwire process. Add a higher risk of drawing attention to yourself.
Yeah i agree with it as long as the mini game isnt esay and it takes skill so you dont hotwire it everytime

maybe a tracker on it is also not a bad idea . so you or the police can actualy find it on gps . these days most cars/bikes/machinery are having gps trackers

Back