What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Headset&Mic

Drama Lama

I'm looking forward to get some answers I would like to give big thanks already!

First priority is to get new mic so I would like to know the best mic (desk mic) for the best price compared to quality.
Second thing is I would also have new headphones since I don't no longer need headset mic after I get my desk mic so also this one with good price to quality since I'm student and my budget is quite low.

gonna tag few tech guys to help me out not sure if you know anything about these things every suggestion is a big help to me since I barely know anything :) @lionel @Zeito

I would like to add that if I get SSD will that improve fps in arma 3

My current specs

I5 2700 something 3,3Ghz
GTX 660 TI
8GB of @Ram
motherboard is old as my grandmother
250GB HDD

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to have a blue yeti and it was a very good quality microphone for the price. The only problem and reason i dont like desktop mics is that they are in the way and pick up vibrations from your desk and play them through your mic and pick up keyboard typing very loudly. Because of this i swapped to a rode podcaster with an overarm stand and a shockmount to absorb vibrations. It was a little bit more expesive but its worth the price highly in my opinion.

The things i recommend before buying a desktop microphone is the size of the mic on the desk. In my opinion the blue yeti is too big for an on the desk microphone and is very tall in height so its hard to see over. Also another problem is that the blue yeti picks up a shit ton of background noise so if you have a loud PC look into the microphone before you buy it. 

I highly recommend that any microphone you purchase you also purchase a stand and maybe even a shockmount for it (This is if you want the best audio quality and easier mobility of the mic)

I have heard some very good reviews about the At2020 and is was considering the mic before i went with my final choice of the rode podcaster. The At2020 is smaller than the yeti and from what i have heard picks up audio at a better quality.

If you can afford it i highly recommend the rode podcaster, most mobile mic and amazing quality.

If the price range is too high for this i recommend the AT2020 as it is a great microphone and very small so it wont get in the way on your desk.

Also alongnside your microphone purchase a pop filiter to make your quality of the mic better by removing any blows from words such as "P"

For headphones i do no recommend Razor because of the crap build quality , the cable is braded and very nimble so it can break with ease and after 3 months my £90 headset just broke. There will be many different suggestions for headsets but find a pair that suite you. I have tried over 20 pairs of headset and the best ones and the ones i am still with is the Corsair H1500. In my opinion from all the headsets that i have tested so far this one has the best build and audio quality out of them, its very comfy on the head also. 

Down to the question about the SSD, i have heard that an SSD speeds up loading textures on Arma so it reduces them lag spikes when loading the world in when your running or driving. I dont know if this is true or not but this is what i have seen when looking for the same question. Someone with an SSD will have to answer this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest a Rode NT USB for a microphone, very good for the price. A bit better than the blue yeti and about the same price range.

Back