What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Helicopter Initiation Rule Question

The Fiddler

Dean Cain
(3.8) Helicopter Initiation rules.

(3.8.1) As Police or UNMC: 1 ATC message must be sent clearly indicating the target and stating intention to fire upon the helicopter followed by 2 minutes to comply to said message.

(3.8.2) As any other party: Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. 2 minutes should be given to comply before taking action.
Q: Do these helicopter initation rules only apply to helicopters that currently airborne and considered no longer "ground vehicles" (e.g a height above 25m as shown in the rule 9.14) or do these apply to any helicopter no matter their current location and situation.

I'll use an example of what happened yesterday to help understand my question, yesterday a huron was seen trafficking Cocaine it was landed just outside the factory building and I was on-duty as a police officer, when we arrived on scene the owner of the huron dashed towards it, hopped in and started spooling up in an obvious attempt to escape. I went over to him and then told him something along the lines of "don't attempt to fly away" followed by some issue of compliance. 

Was I in the right to initiate verbally there, the man could quite clearly hear me and was aware of my presence or would I still have to go through the hassle of opening the ATC message and sending a message that way, which by the time that message is done and 2 minutes has passed he would have easily flown away and been long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ATC is there to initiate on helicopters when you have no way of contacting them, due to them being, you know flying. Those rules are for use for when helicopters are out of speaking range (which they are most of the time) to make sure that everyone knows what counts as initiation when your helicopters 100m up in the air.

An initiation is an initiation. If you tell him if he flys off he will be shot and you you're 100% sure that he heard you, you are allowed to shoot him down since you know you've initatied.

This also follows police rules as you wouldn't have any other way of persuing him.

I'd also like to add that the 2 minute rule was brough up in the community meeting and is looked at being changed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The ATC is there to initiate on helicopters when you have no way of contacting them, due to them being, you know flying. Those rules are for use for when helicopters are out of speaking range (which they are most of the time) to make sure that everyone knows what counts as initiation when your helicopters 100m up in the air.

An initiation is an initiation. If you tell him if he flys off he will be shot and you you're 100% sure that he heard you, you are allowed to shoot him down since you know you've initatied.

This also follows police rules as you wouldn't have any other way of persuing him.

I'd also like to add that the 2 minute rule was brough up in the community meeting and is looked at being changed. 
Thanks for this, I'll get staff to check it over also. :)

Wish the rule itself was more clear as it is leading to a lot of confusion, just by looking at a recent report it's obviously not me just confused. 

Back