What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Helmet Armour Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Unlinked
This is probably going to stir the pot, but I hope not.

Remove Helmet Armour from Gangs, Factions etc. Keep it for CTSFO only, for when an operation is approved against X person/group.

Reasoning for CTSFO only, we all know people want gangs to be scared of the Police. Why not compromise? CTSFOs aren't always deployed but only if you're up to no good consistently causing havoc on the server.

Afaik, It is SGT+ or Insp+ that can approve a CTSFO Operation and even at that, its around 6-13 CTSFO trained officers.

Advantages:

• Gangs fearing CTSFOs, and possibly fear against Police as they don't want it to escalate to the "pros"
  • More fun in gunfights whether that's with Gang v Gang or Police v Gang
  • Gang can still rob it off of Firearms officers but this wont make them another "vending machine" target. As who knows, they could've already equipped it.

Disadvantages:

• People have paid for their existing Helmet Armour
  • People might want to continue having the advantage and not fearing Police with Helmet Armour
  • Some gangs might not want to have the fear factor introduced, well forced..

Does this change the balance of the server?
Yes. X people will no longer be able to sell it to X groups

Last edited by a moderator:
100000% 

Gangs should not have head armour, it makes no sense.

Now I am not advocating that it is removed from the server entirely as a lot of work went into the making/testing and development of head armour, but I think keeping this as a police asset is much more logical.

Could have some decent roleplay opportunities for this to be "removed" from the streets also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Raymond Fowler CTSFOs on their ducatis beefing me on my bf400. If CTS have it then he may come back 

Extremely Common Liam W +1

Makes no sense for gangs to have head armour, never been a fan of it and never will be. Should only be available for firearms for obvious reasons.

This is why your the goat liam . THIS IS WHY

200.gif

+1 shouldn't be a thing for gangs or crimes to have access to, also agree to only CTSFO having them, see so many CID etc just day to day with helmet armour on

+1 never made sense that gangs have access to it, nevermind so much of it

+1 

Doesnt make sense for gang members to have helmet armour its more of a CTSFO thing anyways not like you see street gang members wearing helmets especially when we're pushing to reduce the frag mentality on the server  

What about the money gangs and individuals have spent on the head armour? Will it get comped or simply deleted from our inventory’s and containers? If a comp will be in place how will it be handled, IC or OOC? People have paid different prices how will that be calculated?

When head armour first got introduced it was simply meant for police to only use it for operations but that was simply not the case, you had cid on normal patrols putting it on. How will this be enforced and policed? 

If these 2 points can fairly be addressed and implemented than massive plus 1.

What about the money gangs and individuals have spent on the head armour? Will it get comped or simply deleted from our inventory’s and containers? If a comp will be in place how will it be handled, IC or OOC? People have paid different prices how will that be calculated?
We've not got that far ahead yet.

I assume that those would be comped for it.

When head armour first got introduced it was simply meant for police to only use it for operations but that was simply not the case, you had cid on normal patrols putting it on. How will this be enforced and policed? 
CTSFO is a completely different number in the whitelisting, only those who are CTSFOs will see it in the armoury. If CTSFOs are giving it out, I assume it falls under the Corruption rule and they can be banned.

1+ should be limited for police and crims stop crims running it all the time and remove it from lower police ranks so we no longer have cops running into gun fights not fearing the consequences as they have unlimited head armour and no fear of losing their gear.

It further adds more reason for cops to be scary as if the big boys get called in you cant just rush them as they have head armour and a significant advantage, makes people think twice about shooting cops or getting into activities that will gain large police attention.

If these 2 points can fairly be addressed and implemented than massive plus 1.
I think its more so the fact that you keep what you have until its gone and that would be it, they wouldnt produce anymore for gangs etc

Massive +1.

All I would possibly amend is that it is granted to SFO+. That would only increase the total number of people by around 5 on most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back