What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Helmet Armour Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to add here since I personally don't own helmet armour on any other character par my police one however from what I can grasp there is a massive issue with one group/gang that uses helmet armour during gang conflict when the other does not due to how powerful it is, I believe most would benefit from an even playing field where both sides can actually go head to head and enjoy themselves and don't have to resort to complaining following a 'war'.

From a police perspective to clear up any questions; only a Firearms SGT+ who is a fully trained CT-SFO can authorise the deployment of CT-SFO assets and personnel. This rarely happens during general day to day patrolling and is only typically used operationally! 

+1

hasbulla-hasbulla-magomedov.gif

We've not got that far ahead yet.

I assume that those would be comped for it.

CTSFO is a completely different number in the whitelisting, only those who are CTSFOs will see it in the armoury. If CTSFOs are giving it out, I assume it falls under the Corruption rule and they can be banned.
Fair enough, this makes sense as long as comps are issued fairly and the money we have all spent is returned +1

+1 If implemented correctly

Recent police behaviour suggests they have no regard to active gun fights or gang members with weapons. I fear if this isn't done correctly you will be giving police license to continue rushing into gun fights with their helmets and AR's inhibiting any roleplay surrounding gang wars.

However if done correctly would be good.

All I would possibly amend is that it is granted to SFO+. That would only increase the total number of people by around 5 on most nights.
Agreed, should only be authed for SFO if attending a large scale raid or shootout. If CT's are deployed they would have it on throughout the deployment and follow the same rules as SFO once said deployments over +1

Last edited by a moderator:
I fear if this isn't done correctly you will be giving police license to continue rushing into gun fights with their helmets and AR's inhibiting any roleplay surrounding gang wars.
Report them. If accepted, those granted with this power still follow the same rules as everyone else. I'm sure the firearms command team would love some footage of people rushing into gunfights as it doesn't line up with the tactics used on the server nor does it constitute high quality roleplay!

Massive +1.

All I would possibly amend is that it is granted to SFO+. That would only increase the total number of people by around 5 on most nights.
Completely agree. AFOs shouldn't have it at all unless something extreme is occurring like the police station getting rushed by armed gang members with 3 police in it. Personally i think the helmet armour should fall under the SFO whitelisting and SFO should be allowed to use this as well but only in operations or large scale gun fights. All depends on what makes the server more balanced.

I have personally witnessed when on my police character a large scale gunfight between a group of 25 and another group of 25 who have helmet armour equipped and it looks aids.

+1

Huge +1. I was actually logging on the forums to make this exact suggestion.

I use Helmet Armor on a daily basis, usually a "casual carry". I find it extremely overpowered and does not make much sense/any at all for gangs etc to be running around with a incredibly overpowered ballistic helmet. 

It makes gangs have win mentalities even more, with gangs hording it for their wars and bullying smaller groups because they have so much of it as opposed to some groups who have 0 access to it. I could put a few other points about it on here but don't wanna stir drama. 

IMO, should be only restricted to CTSFOs for mass situations like raids etc. If not that, then removed off the server completely. 

+1

Ever since its been added its made me feel like we've been put back in the meta of 8 headshots to kill someone, and no one liked that one either, i feel like its very overpowered way too powerful and yes only certain high ranking police should have access to this, it makes complete sense. 

Seeing how powerful its been lately and seeing all the negatives responses on head armour as a whole has swayed me to not want it for crims anymore, if that means i get to use it or someone else is against me, it just isn't a fair fight for anyone 

Yeah get rid from crim completely.

Since day 1 not agreed with it and mentioned it in groups discord loads. Even when playing Firearms and having access to it, It would annoy me seeing police using it even when just general policing which at the time we weren't meant to do. (Guess people just want the W).

CTSFO Operational use only pls.

Massive +1

i think no crims should have head armour, and police should only use it for authorised situations and not to be use for casual carry by police.

Massive +1.

+1 Agree with this, but only SFC can authorise the use of helmet armour for SFO & full CTSFOs can auth it for the CT team.

Massive +1, The only issue I really have is that I know how the Police stuff works and this suggestion alone it’s already happened. You started with CTSFO, then someone said maybe SFOs and now someone else has said yeah maybe AFOs in certain situations as well.

I would 100% be up for this - but I think if you are removing from everyone else, it’s only fair to say CTSFO and nobody else, no loosed restrictions and no giving it anyone else. I’d even agree that giving it out to people could be viewed as corruption. CTSFO use in operations only (not patrols) and it would be balanced a lot better. 

+1

Makes no sense for crims to be running around with head armor in the first place.

CTSFO use in operations only (not patrols) and it would be balanced a lot better. 
CTSFOs only get deployed if there is a operation or an actual shit storm going on. But yeah i fully agree +1. Should be CTSFO only if the crims are willing to give it up

Hello shaggers its me again, huge +1 from myself, even as a man who wont be seen dead without helmet armour on under that old tin can that resides on me head.

I believe it has changed the gang/criminal fighting/beef side of the server for the worst. In my personal opinion, I don't believe it make sense for street gangs to be running around with helmets on at all times or during beefs. Ruining my immersion fr. It has just created a meta that I am personally not for. Believe me, I'm all for tanking a few headshots, but I do believe gunfights were a lot more fun/better without helmet armour and I'm sure we can all agree, there aint nothing better in a gunfight than the satisfaction of a 1 tap headshot.

Now then, without completely removing helmet armour from the server, I agree with Liam and believe helmet armour should be locked behind a high police training/rank such as CTSFO and have very strict rules on its use, such as only being used for large scale situations such as prison breaks, big banks, raids etc. Now to further add onto my point about the use of helmet armour being very strict, I do believe the police need to be more strict in general with their use of assets. Now, I will say, I have seen Police hold back on using their assets a bit more over the past month or 2 which is positive, but when I first returned I was seeing the blackhawk, MRAP, AC-130 and whatever fuck else being deployed for a man running a red light so for the love of god fellas, if this change does happen, please do not start slapping helmet armour on to go help ye nan cross the road x

Much love the lads, peace.

CTSFOs only get deployed if there is a operation or an actual shit storm going on. But yeah i fully agree +1. Should be CTSFO only if the crims are willing to give it up
Yeah I thought so mate, I’ve seen CTSFOs riding around a few times with no clear operation though that’s why I mentioned the No patrol part. 

I think removing it from general access to both Police and crims would make the server better honestly, but yeah it definitely makes sense that CTSFOs (basically the Polices very best) has it during raids and stuff. Just think the general idea of this suggestion is to get helmet armour of the street, so it’s a bit pointless if AFOs and SFOs are still rolling around with it. 

CTSFOs operations only, take it off all us crim mains. Very strict server/corruption rules about its usage. 

+1 Massively changed the server balance of some factions and realistically not realistic for crims to have the HA. Only issue is how you'd comp the HA thats already out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back