What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Help me build a Computer

Maratek

Grand Inquisitor
So my circumstances have changed recently I am now working alot harder hence I have a little more money than in the past. I know there are some resident pc experts in the community and its about time I moved away from my now 4 year old gaming laptop,

I have been looking around the web at various sites and things for advice but being a resident of altis I thought i would ask here.

So fellow Altians I ask for your help,

Now to the good stuff, I have a budget up to £2000

I would like a fairly decelt monitor around the 27 inch range not bothered about 4k at the moment

a new mouse and keyboard would be fantastic but the mouse would need to be wireless due to posture problems.

I would like to stick to Intel (to many bad experiances with AMD )

Nvidia for the Graphics as i game stream to work and shadowplay in the community is a must sometimes :(

I already have a case in mind http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case

So if that could be incorperated that would be fantastic.

maybe i should explain a little Due to an accident a number of years ago I have trouble sitting comfortably at a desk for any decent period of time i have a comfy lounger that reclines but it would not fit under the traditional 'desk' hence wireless options are a must.

Alright altis do your worst

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful! Let's get started, as for monitor I'd recommend getting a 144hz one, I'm personally getting the 
774683.jpg
Asus 24" VG248QE

For the CPU/GPU I can't really recommend other than I7 6700k currently at 300gbp and then a GTX 1080 might be a bit expensive laying at 550 ish

16gb DDR4 ram would be perfect for both futureproofing and getting a good set of ram, For motherboard I'd recommend an Asus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII, I have a Z170 motherboard myself and it's perfect. For Keyboard and mouse, Keyboard is completely dependent if you want mechanical keyboard or rubber dome, I'd recommend Mechanical but up to the individual to decide, also you need to figure out which switches you want, since it's personal preference again, watch this video to get a little educated on switches:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mouse I'd recommend something like the G602 if it has to be Wireless, has the same design of the G502 and has many great reviews.

Now I'll leave it to the tech guru's like @lionel& @Zeito to further assist you :)

Cheers Lemmen, maybe i should explain a little Due to an accident a number of years ago I have trouble sitting comfortably at a desk for any decent period of time i have a comfy lounger that reclines but it would not fit under the traditional 'desk' hence wireless options are a must. I've edited this into the original post

the above build from @Lemmenlooks like good advice, if your looking to cheap out on the graphics atm, the AMD RX480  is looking like a very favourable option.

Don't forget to sink some decent money into cooling, as this will stay with you hopefully for lots of upgrades. the corsair H105 if you want to go AIO is good, but personally I will always recommend biting the bullet and building your own custom loop, but down to you.

May also recommend the Asus G1 motherboard, especially if your prepared to go custom loop.

Any board you do get make sure it supports m.2 drives with NVME

I decided to go with the Z170 Deluxe for my motherboard (it was extremely overkill, yet it is extremely feature packed), if you want to have really good boot times and load times for your programs, go with an M.2 SSD with NVME (the Z170 Deluxe and Z170 PRO GAMING both have support for this). It is ofc not the best board out there, yet it was really good for value to features when I bought it.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/

If you do not wish to make your own cooling loop, I could really recommend the H11Oi GTX dual rad, I use this one in my build, http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h110i-gtx-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

I used the Obsidian Series 750d Full Tower Airflow edition case, I don't really like cases with tonnes of rounded edges, I'd rather get better cooling performance (hence the Airflow Edition) http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-750d-airflow-edition-full-tower-atx-case

This is essentially my build apart from the GPU and RAM.

I bought this monitor for my girlfriend a few months ago, its got a 2ms response time which is slower than my main monitor but it a very nice looking monitor

BenQ LED GL2760H TN 27-inch W Monitor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GL2760H-27-inch-Monitor-1920/dp/B00HZF2ME0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465740414&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+led+gl2760 only £156

----------------

As for the rest, can't go wrong with an i7 

Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150

£263, good for steaming/recording/multitasking.

----------------

MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 10x USB3.0, 6x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DP

£269 - really helps with the more USBs, solid mobo.

---------------

Corsair CP-9020054-UK RM Series RM650 80 Plus Gold 650W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit

£91 650w, modular to help with cable management 

-----------------

HyperX FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 1866 MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory Module Kit - Red

£49 16GB will with the mobo Dual channel.

-------------------------------

All adds to £952 so far

This will give you a lot of leftover for say a 1080?

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition Windforce 3x Fan 8 GB GDDR5X PCI-Express 3 Graphics Card - Black

£608.99

£1560 total with your case. 

HyperX FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 1866 MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory Module Kit - Red

£49 16GB will with the mobo Dual channel.
DDR3 ram is pretty "old" so in a completely new build DDR4 ram would be alot better, especially since you can get it at up to 3200MHz models,

In regards to my previous post, here's the full spec 

(The m.2 listed there is not NVMe, wouldn't recommend getting that one, yet everything else on there has served me really good.) I also have upgraded the graphics cards to two GTX 980 TI's and plan to get two 1080s pretty soon.

In regards to my previous post, here's the full spec 

(The m.2 listed there is not NVMe, wouldn't recommend getting that one, yet everything else on there has served me really good.) I also have upgraded the graphics cards to two GTX 980 TI's and plan to get two 1080s pretty soon.
Is a M.2 worth it? i've been contemplating on getting on for some time, what do you use it for?

Is a M.2 worth it? i've been contemplating on getting on for some time, what do you use it for?
Boot SSD, had to tweak a few BIOS settings as originally Windows 10 wouldn't install on it. Couldn't remember the exact settings but after doing that it works great!

Well i think you gone like this one

http://www.doghousesystems.com/ShoppingCart.asp

you gone like to tweak some stuff ther like that pc come with gtx 970 and recommend you to get the 1080 

also its come with only 1T HDD

so what you can do is to get 2 T HDD and like 240 or 120 SSD 

you can also get monitors there :) 

PS: they abit expensive but looking good 

or another choise for you https://www.gladiatorpc.co.uk/configure/config/64153 

also you should tweak some stuff like the case i suggest you to take the 152 GBP one (the rightes one )

well that should do it the the second chois abit disapointing becaseu thee is limited choises but well that good 

Back