What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Help needed: Recording in game!

JoKK

Leicestershire, England. Born Inverness, Scotland.
Hi all, 

Sorry if this is a stupid topic/question but I'm slightly baffled. 

After a high number of VDM's and RDM's I decided that I really need to start recording my game play as I'm sure a large number of you all do. 

I already had OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) installed on my PC so I set it up for recording... or so I thought. 

It does record, however, it only records a small fraction of the beginning and then stops, but doesn't say it's stopped. This can range from 10 minutes to 40 minutes, but it never just records everything. It just appears it's recording and then when I hit stop, and go to my video folder, it's only has a shortened movie to see. 

It can't be because I don't have enough hard drive space on my computer as I have 5TB free space. 

I also don't think it's the PC performance as my PC isn't a bad one.

Has anyone got any ideas about what it could be? Or could someone recommend a decent recording program and allow me to pinch their settings?

Really sorry if this is a dumb topic, just I sat for hours last night, completely baffled and starring at setting windows not really seeing anything that could lead me to think it was that. 

If anyone wants to know my PC specs (because they feel it might be related) then just let me know and I'll post them in.

I'm not particularly good when it comes to the hardware (or software as it appears!) of PCs. I just know how to play them! Ha! :)

Many thanks in advance.

- JoKK  B)

Specs would be nice, as I am sure you are aware if you have an Nvidia GPU then you can use Shadowplay, a free application that is always running and you can capture up to the last 20 mins of game play.

Shadowplay, I didn't know that! Ha. As I say, I'm a total doofus when it comes to what is inside a PC. 

Playing PCs, I'm fine, beyond that... don't ask! Ha.

PC specs are:

Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 

Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 S1150 3.10GhZ 6MB.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-D3HP S1150 Intel Z87 DDR3 ATX

RAM: Corsair 16gb (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Red DDR3 1600 MHz CL9.

Hard drive: (set up as a raid5) 3 x Seagate 3TB Barracuda SATA 6GB/s 64MB 7200RPM 5.5* Hard Drive.

Can you tell I'd written them down from when my brother and his mate build my PC? Hahaha.

- JoKK  B)

I think the GTX 760 is compatible with Nvidia Shadowplay, if it is then here is your best option by far.

Okay thanks so much for your help. I'll have a look into this now. 

Are there any recording software out there that you could recommend? 

Thanks

-Jokk  B)

Download this: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience   (only works with specific graphics cards)

Turn on Shadowplay you have 2 options manual and shadow. Shadow records but does not save until you specify. Setup a key binding (mine is Alt - f12) and once something happens press it and it will save the last 20 minutes of gameplay. Manual records everythin.

It does not use up much resources as it is designed to work with your graphics card

I would've suggested Action! but Since Nvidia Shadowplay is far better and only works with Some graphics card then you should go with Shadowplay

It's so good for altis life especially,

"Oh shit I've been RDM'ed"

*Alt-F10*

Profit.

Thanks guys, I've got ShadowPlay and begun to mess about with it. 

I will need to remember that once I've alt+f10'd I'll then need to restart it, but that's just a minor thing!

Thanks a lot for your responses!  :)

- Jokk

need to restart it? you maybe need to update your grapchics driver since it would update your shadowplay as well :)

Yeah I did a graphics card update as well.

I'm sure I'll suss it out, think it's just a case of getting a bit of time to sit and play the game then tinkering with it!

Thanks for all your help!  :)

Just a heads up, the compression on the files is lousy, so unless your upload is pretty good I'd recommend taking it down to 720p-30fps before uploading it. I can send you my vegas pro render settings if you use it.

Back