What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Highways Agency (semi-whitelisted)

Dean Hastings

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
I've always admired the highways agency for what they do, we subtly referenced them on the server by being able to get their car over a year ago and few people RP'ed as them but usually the car was used as a quick get around. Another suggestion suggested "whitelisted mechanics" (thankyou to)

But how could this be executed?

I propose a semi-whitelisted role. So people can as civilians be whitelisted to mark vehicles for impound (no access to Bob!) but can also clock on as any job [wait, this is a huge exploit!] well I thought of a counter for that aswell as making it a server rule people should only be able to mark vehicles for impound if they are in proximity to a highways agency car. And if two people decide to abuse this well server rules. Being sem-whitelisted I propose this be managed by either Police RPU to recruit people into the role or under the courts acting as a council. 

So what would these Semi-whitelisted mechanics do?

I propose two things: First they can mark (not impound by Bob) vehicles for impound for the truck driving mechanics. And second they can see the mechanic dispatches (which could be turned off in the interaction menu). I'm thinking of a few things that could be added but I think this is the best place to start to get these guys rolling, the playerbase for a role like this is definetly there. Please don't downvote if you disagree with one piece of this but please comment down below how you think it should differ to be able to work in the playerbase. 

Highways Agency car:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/highways-agency-uniform

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/highways-england-traffic-officer-vehicle-2018-landrover-discovery-5-els

Please bring them back

You use to be able to rent the Land Rover as a highway vehicle, so it’s already been in the server so don’t be it being a problem coming back in. 

Would take a lot of the role off the police doing this, however there are great opportunities for this role to be used in a bad way, impounding peoples cars just to make money not because they need impounding or for revenge so on. As long as there are rules in place for this I think it would be a nice addition 

+1 from me 

Just want to add would be nice for them to be able to put out barriers and cones as well to help with road closures 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 It sounds like a great idea and I love the fact they would be able to add vehicles to impound too. This would RP with other whitelisted factions like the police and NHS for road closures! 
Would be happy to see something like this added! 

I'm not familiar with this in the UK, sounds more of an American thing. Not saying its a bad idea. 

Loving the idea, 1+ 

I'm not familiar with this in the UK, sounds more of an American thing
defiantly going to have to agree with this also, seen a few American servers that have similar things but never really saw it in practise 

I'm not familiar with this in the UK, sounds more of an American thing. Not saying its a bad idea. 
They are a UK thing, and the car above is the UK car that is used. They are primarily on motorways.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please see above

+1 , I just came across this suggestion by checking if it had previously been suggested and it has!

Alot of people recently have been raising the concern of the impound lot, vehicles not being marked for impound & areas getting clogged with vehicles, recently making it impossible to spawn towtruck at the impound at one point yesterday. Along with dispatches from some of the garages for vehicles to be impounded...

The amount of different types of roleplay scenarios we could have with this faction would be great. IRL Highways England are a massive help to the police, assisting with closures, dealing with minor road accidents to get roads free and people on their way. Couldn't they be a massive help to the police & MOP within Los Santos.

Is this not the solution?!

Back