What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Hobo status; Fact, fiction, myth?

Punishlife

Hey all,

I'm just curious but at what point do people stop becoming hobo's? Are there certain requirements? I've heard many conflicting comments about it so i decided to open the discussion to the public to get a better understanding.

There's no hobo 'status' as there would be a bambi status in Exile, it's more a term of mockery for wealthy rebels towards new/poor players. I usually describe hobos as people without the Rebel Training, then hobo rebels are ones with rebel training, and actual rebels are ones with advanced rebel training. This doesnt count for NHS or police though, only civs, and varies between gangs/people.

You don't stop being a hobo.

Anyone who says they're not a hobo is a hobo.

We're all hobos.

Yeah i get that it isn't an actual thing and thats its just a term used by people, it's just weird hearing different groups call others it based on varying reasons and having other people share their opinions is a chance to learn more about the groups (and i'm always looking to learn more and more)

Not 100% sure but I think its when you upload your first FR4G M0NTAG3 with some grime in the background. 

Dont quote me on that though.

If you have TRG as a rebel or Mk 20 then you are hobo. And hobos are those in the striped civilian clothes or other civ clothes u get when u respawn.

I would like to think that we have all been a Hobo on arrival in RPUK...Do you really have a choice in the end ??? Probably not unless you have friends that give you free shit and what not...I started as a Hobo because I don't want any friends and definitely no free shit either because you cant appreciate the full value of having earned risked and fought for your stuff...Ive been on RPUK ( great Server by the way ) for 1 week now and Im more advanced than some that have played the game for months...Got to smart about your shit and make the victims come to you and not the other way around...Zip Tie a few people and throw them off buildings and shit like that...But if anyone ever denies being a Hobo at least once in Arma...Go look yourself in a mirror and say it again...if you believe yourself when you say it you should be the king of role playing 🙂

I would like to think that we have all been a Hobo on arrival in RPUK...Do you really have a choice in the end ??? Probably not unless you have friends that give you free shit and what not...I started as a Hobo because I don't want any friends and definitely no free shit either because you cant appreciate the full value of having earned risked and fought for your stuff...Ive been on RPUK ( great Server by the way ) for 1 week now and Im more advanced than some that have played the game for months...Got to smart about your shit and make the victims come to you and not the other way around...Zip Tie a few people and throw them off buildings and shit like that...But if anyone ever denies being a Hobo at least once in Arma...Go look yourself in a mirror and say it again...if you believe yourself when you say it you should be the king of role playing 🙂
Wow, nice words man. Great to hear you're enjoying the community too!

Maan I've been here 2 years and got cash but they still call me hobo I dont know why

As biggest hobo on the streets I welcome all hobos under my wings and grant them free rooks for hoodprotection 

Everyone remains a hobo however some not noticable

The most notable form of hobo is the default face and flipflops

Thanks everyone for their input, what i've learned is that everyone is a hobo regardless of their financial and social standing and that hobo is more than just a title. It appears to be a birthright... is there a hobo monarchy? do well off hobo's pay hobo tax to the hobo king? So many questions.. i might become a novelist and write a series of books about my findings on hobo's

You see there are no "hobo" taxes however there is a form of Hierarchy in their social structure but we still have alot to learn about ourselves. One notable thing scientists have found out is that agressive hobos usually bunch together to form "hobo-gangs" who are easily spotted by the lack of RP and the extensive use of the TRG-21.

There are also subgroups in the class "hobus novus"

1. The "hobus novus nomicus" this specie is noted by the unused mouth as they don't have a mic

2. The "Hobus Mega Novus" this type has a mic however needs a lot of guidance with rules etc.

3. The "Hobus Non Novus" this type is learning the grips of the game autodidactally and has managed to farm. Most notable aspect of this type is the carry-all back pack

4.the last type and the most dangerous one is the "Hobus Novus Trollus" usually from another community and here to cause havoc, they are vulgar and vile creatures and with a hatchback are a force to be reckoned with.

Source: National Geographic 

You see there are no "hobo" taxes however there is a form of Hierarchy in their social structure but we still have alot to learn about ourselves. One notable thing scientists have found out is that agressive hobos usually bunch together to form "hobo-gangs" who are easily spotted by the lack of RP and the extensive use of the TRG-21.

1. The "hobus novus nomicus" this specie is noted by the unused mouth as they don't have a mic

2. The "Hobus Mega Novus" this type has a mic however needs a lot of guidance with rules etc.

3. The "Hobus Non Novus" this type is learning the grips of the game autodidactally and has managed to farm. Most notable aspect of this type is the carry-all back pack

4.the last type and the most dangerous one is the "Hobus Novus Trollus" usually from another community and here to cause havoc, they are vulgar and vile creatures and with a hatchback are a force to be reckoned with.

That is extremely specific and helpful information that will help me with at least two books of the seven book deal i just signed up for, thank you. I believe i fall under catagory three which will feature heavily in my autobiography

Man i wish i could like posts cos you've all dropped some cracking ones, so +1 for now

i can confirm this, i can also recommend the rebel article. 

How to get called a hobo

Step 1. Get a quad

Step 2. Get basic civilian clothing

Step 3. Drive around kavala (BADLY)

Alternatively buy a rook and point it everywhere.

Back