What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

HOTAS Warthog

Shepred

Unlinked
I had to carry this bastard all the way from the post office. Weighs 10,2kg!

Hands down the best piece of flight sim equipment I have ever laid my hands on. The metal construction makes it so sturdy and the 14-bit resolution on the axis' are quite simply amazing. The switches are so satisfying to press - could literally do it all day long.

uy9PyYh.jpg

gWIaMr8.jpg

BxiBHCP.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nothing will beat my Thrustmaster hotas :p

How is it like for micro movements? I've been interested in buying the same thing, but was worried about how sensitive / easy to move the main stick is. I've currently got a Saitek X-45, but it's pretty naff for those tiny micro movements.

@Mycaelis 

This is not a joystick that is suitable for Arma. In fact I suspect I might have to use keyboard and mouse within Arma from now on. The joystick has a deadzone in the center, which you can disable, although even with the deadzone disabled, it still has a physical centering mechanism. This makes it very easy to make small adjustments, but it is very difficult to snap out of the "center"-zone to the rest of the axis.

If you "just" want to fly in Arma, I'd recommend this (I just swapped mine out for the Warthog). If you however have any interest in actual flight sim, I can't recommend the Warthog enough: fan-fucking-tastic.

@Mycaelis 

This is not a joystick that is suitable for Arma. In fact I suspect I might have to use keyboard and mouse within Arma from now on. The joystick has a deadzone in the center, which you can disable, although even with the deadzone disabled, it still has a physical centering mechanism. This makes it very easy to make small adjustments, but it is very difficult to snap out of the "center"-zone to the rest of the axis.

If you "just" want to fly in Arma, I'd recommend this (I just swapped mine out for the Warthog). If you however have any interest in actual flight sim, I can't recommend the Warthog enough: fan-fucking-tastic.
Thanks mate, I play a lot of DCS, so was always interested in the Warthog, but just have a lot of other key expenses I need to deal with atm.
As for Arma3, I agree, I just use mouse and keyboard to be honest for flying, does the job nicely enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back