What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

hovering over other helicopters

Khandamir

Currently residing in Los Santos
Is this ruleplay? A skilled pilot can hover so close above someone elses landed helicopter they have no real way to take off. The rules mean that IF you try and hit the other, you get done in for VDM. This creates a situation in which the rules provide unfair protection for the side hovering over the other helicopter. You can't win if you're under it. You either surrender and lose the heli/gear or run and lose the helicopter. In a serious RP environment, no situation should be decided before it begins, but with the rules not allowing for a exception to the VDM rule, this seems the case to me.

Maybe the rules should be amended saying that if you purposely hover over grounded helicopter, the party below should be allowed to try and escape. I think it should be considered a risk both parties knew they were taking in that situation and thus no claims of VDM should be able to be made after such a thing happens.

By letting things stay as they are, you are basically letting people bait someone into VDM and then punish the side that really had no other choice. Also, the hovering creates unwanted situations on the ground as well, as even if you decide to try and talk your way out of the stalemate, there is still a massive helicopter hovering 10 meters above you, making it near impossible to have proper roleplay.

All things considered I would like some thoughts on this subject and I wonder where other people stand on it. For me right now I see two solutions 1) Clause added to VDM rule saying that both parties take the risk and a clash is not against VDM rule in such situations where one helicopter purposely hovers close over another or 2) Clause added to VDM rule saying that purposely hovering over other helicopters trying to prevent their take-off is an unacceptable risk for VDM to occur and is thus not allowed.

Pretty simple in my opinion, theres a risk the Pilot is taking when trying to prevent the other chopper from taking off as you stated.

You either surrender and lose the heli/gear or run and lose the helicopter.
I agree on this Statement, use common sense. Your forced not to take off then start running.....You cant always win a Situation, defeat belongs to the game but some cant accept it.

both parties take the risk and a clash is not against VDM rule in such situations where one helicopter purposely hovers close over another
I always said it like this, from my Point of view. Theres always a risk, when it Comes to this tactic to subdue a helicopter trying to escape.

There's virtually no way of stopping a helicopter from taking off without being forced to shoot at the vehicle or shoot the pilot or something similar and at that point the opportunity for RP usually goes out of the window (especially if they're using the co-pilot trick to ensure the heli stays spooled up while they exit the vehicle).

I'm in agreement with @EmPeRoR RuTHLeSS2k18, if someone manages to hover over you like that preventing you from taking off then your fate is sealed and you'd better start running. People often panic and try to take off and crash straight into the heli above and then complain about it, they have no one to blame but themselves and should be prepared to face the consequences. 

If a skilled pilot is able to catch you off guard, hover above you to prevent you taking off so their friends can move in on foot to RP with you to avoid them having to shoot at you I'm all for it. The person should resign to the fact that they've lost (something many people struggle to accept) and think of other options because taking off is obviously not an option.

I would have to go with @SGT Matt and @EmPeRoR RuTHLeSS2k18. Some situations don’t have a win solution to the other party. Some situations you just need to work hard to keep the clothes on your back. 

If that was me I would take off and bring both choppers down, because at the end of the day that pilot is going to move because he doesn’t want to loose th chopper. It just goes down to who has the bigger balls. And they are also positioning themselves do something like that to happen so I would go for it and try your luck 

Honestly, I think if you take off and the other heli is above you and he sees you hovering up..Then he's not going to stay there, he's going to move as he can see you're taking it aggressively and that you want to dominate this nudge..

Back