What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

How are we doing? & How Can We Improve (Open Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of English used and make the server look more professional, I guess this is a prod towards me rather than Ciaran or the other admins, I am sorry if sometimes my English is not that good... I have a few things going against me 1. Being from the West Country we talk a little different down "ere!" 2/3. I am dyslexic and have dyspraxia... I have never hidden that and i think i need to sometimes take more time on posts :)

Thanks for your post some good things for me to go over.
Yeah I'm Dyslexic too. I wouldn't be able to write anything without a spell checker..... Dyslexic Five High! 

Joking aside, As others have mentioned, the suggestion thread is the biggest area of improvement. This is what I would like to see:

1) Every suggestion responded to by an admin. Nothing worse than an excellent idea falling on deaf ears. Or the appearance of it.

2) economy balance/re-work as per other threads. A group of people are actually working on calculating the £ per minute for each profession. I look forward to the results and will be offering my assistance where possible. 

3) A road map for development. Let the community know what you're goals are. Set short term plans, long term plans and on-going tasks. 

EG: January

- Revamp of police uniform. 

- Police Vehicle skins

- NHS Vehicles and skins

- NHS Features to improve immersion and roleplay

February

- Balancing the trade professions so that money earnt is accuately reflected for the time/risk involved.

- New Legal Activities for Civs

- New Activities for NHS to perform during quiet times. 

Ongoing

- Optimisation of back-end databases and connections

- Optimisation/compression of mission file

Not only does this make development more transparent, it means accepted suggestions can be slotted in and visibly seen. Feedback/community input can be given to specific features. Even if targets aren't met, it's better than keeping the community in the dark.

4) Head of Staff Meeting. Weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Get the leaders of the UNMC, NHS, Police, Admins and maybe a few established Gang Leaders to meet up and discuss the server and address problems/suggestions together. 

There's more things I could add, but more of them are related to the NHS. And since we're hopefully going to have a meeting to discuss that sometime this week, I won't bother posting them here ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of English used and make the server look more professional, I guess this is a prod towards me rather than Ciaran or the other admins, I am sorry if sometimes my English is not that good... I have a few things going against me 1. Being from the West Country we talk a little different down "ere!" 2/3. I am dyslexic and have dyspraxia... I have never hidden that and i think i need to sometimes take more time on posts :)

Thanks for your post some good things for me to go over.
I'm from the dead centre of the Black Country (Neo can attest to this) and still don't feel that being from the West Midlands has impacted my ability to type. I also don't think you should allow your dyslexia or dyspraxia get in the way of the proficiency your writing, truely; I'm sure there are lots of folks who would be willing to help out with announcements/messages! I understand it may be more difficult but there is no need to rush these things! :)

^ Agree with Lexi, for example I know a few of us wouldn't mind checking announcements and offering help on spelling, punctuation etc. I'm from a town where they have thick accents, it is pretty funny actually... 

EG

'Mazin'

Toidy

:D

@Thanatos

Wow. I didn't see this one coming. Glad it did, though.

Let's get going then.

• Don't issue bans just because a ban is the "easy" way out.
    Talk to the player, damn it. Sure if someone mass-VDM's in Kavala, get the idiot out, but if it's a player who is known to respect and follow the rules, the least you can do is confront them before giving the boot.

[*]​Sort out the "forum rules".
  • I have recently seen a lot of my friends being threatened by mostly moderators/ingame admins, that if they don't keep their mouth shut, they'll recieve a forum ban. This is disgusting. 99,99 % percent of us live in the western hemisphere, which, as we all know, have been blessed with a thing called "freedom of speech". Excersice this. Obviously, if someone is completely out of hand, toss them out. But banning someone, simply because they expressed their opinion? Hell to the no.

Drop the server slots from 120 down to 100 is my first suggestion. My second suggestion is have more in-game admins, not because our current ones are doing a poor job, but i think if we had maybe 2 more it would free up some more time for the senior admins to deal with the higher priority admin decisions etc.

Couldn't agree more and i know alot of people feel the same way.

Yeah I'm Dyslexic too. I wouldn't be able to write anything without a spell checker..... Dyslexic Five High! 

Joking aside, As others have mentioned, the suggestion thread is the biggest area of improvement. This is what I would like to see:

1) Every suggestion responded to by an admin. Nothing worse than an excellent idea falling on deaf ears. Or the appearance of it.

2) economy balance/re-work as per other threads. A group of people are actually working on calculating the £ per minute for each profession. I look forward to the results and will be offering my assistance where possible. 

3) A road map for development. Let the community know what you're goals are. Set short term plans, long term plans and on-going tasks. 

EG: January

- Revamp of police uniform. 

- Police Vehicle skins

- NHS Vehicles and skins

- NHS Features to improve immersion and roleplay

February

- Balancing the trade professions so that money earnt is accuately reflected for the time/risk involved.

- New Legal Activities for Civs

- New Activities for NHS to perform during quiet times. 

Ongoing

- Optimisation of back-end databases and connections

- Optimisation/compression of mission file

Not only does this make development more transparent, it means accepted suggestions can be slotted in and visibly seen. Feedback/community input can be given to specific features. Even if targets aren't met, it's better than keeping the community in the dark.

4) Head of Staff Meeting. Weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Get the leaders of the UNMC, NHS, Police, Admins and maybe a few established Gang Leaders to meet up and discuss the server and address problems/suggestions together. 

There's more things I could add, but more of them are related to the NHS. And since we're hopefully going to have a meeting to discuss that sometime this week, I won't bother posting them here ^^
+1

one thing i would like to be changed is selling your own vehicle back for a "fair" prize,

I bought a jet when it just came out and i realy realy regret that, it would be fun if i could sell this back to the vendor for like 75%-100% of the original prize.

Maybe a public auction? Just some ideas :)
For the rest i like the suggestion of 3 hour restart and back to 100 slots.
Also more admins (like nozheino said) to get the workload of the current admin team's shoulders.

I'm from the dead centre of the Black Country (Neo can attest to this) and still don't feel that being from the West Midlands has impacted my ability to type. I also don't think you should allow your dyslexia or dyspraxia get in the way of the proficiency your writing, truely; I'm sure there are lots of folks who would be willing to help out with announcements/messages! I understand it may be more difficult but there is no need to rush these things! :)
When i say West Country i don't mean Birmingham... We speak a little differently down here.

But yes Dyslexia and dyspraxia does have a big effect on my typing which i try my best to hide, Even at 29 years old its still an ongoing issue in many factors including Photoshop... and stands in the way of my visions but thankfully we have people like Ciaran to turn those visions into code from just be describing. (Don't ask... it does however work well)

Thanks for the offer, I do however feel there is a need to rush some things, Everyone on the admin team work at crazy speeds i think most people wouldn't be able to keep up... we are not moaning we enjoy it but there are so many factors at play.

I think you guys are right when it comes to paying more attention to people with suggestions.
Some of them are really brilliant and yes it's a shame that they either get placed on a shelf and forgotten or not responded to in the first place. We really have to look after this more. :)

100 or 120 Slots .. I am not sure yet what to think about it. I would say we may give it a bit more time and if theres still so many people having problem we still can change that? 

I agree that we can do more to keep you guys updated on whats gonna happen next with the Server.
Sometimes those announcements get lost on the Forum .. I guess if we put it on the main page like we sometimes do with George's Videos or the Award thing it's easier for people to have a look into it and be aware of it.

More Admins or atleast In-Game Admins sounds like a good idea to me :)

@Shepred

I know that sometimes bans maybe come across as unfair and I personally don't always agree 100% with some of the bans.

Sometimes it helps to just talk to the people or tell them to just please don't do it again if its a little thing or something that accidently happened.

BUT if you clearly break the rules with something that's really shit a ban has to be issued. Eventho ur an old member. There shouldn't be a difference. It's not gonna put you above the rules only because you are an old member.

In the end it really depends on the situation and the reason why someone got reported. :)

Warning Points are also something I would like to make a statement about.

If someone is insultive or attacking other people I think they deserve a warning point. There is no need for this here.

If a conversation is getting a bit heated thats something else. That can happen if people are having different opinion. It should be enough to remind people to calm down.

What I noticed is that some Members/Admins/Moderators having a little "Alpha Male" fight.

In that case I think both of them are silly.

You can do that on the streets if you really need to.

About Hiding Posts:

If you post something in the wrong section I think people should not get upset about the fact that there post got hidden with the adivce to please post in another section.

This just helps to keep a section clean - thats all.
It has nothing to do with taking away peoples freedom of speech - atleast in my case.

Just always make sure to post in the right section :) You can always repost your argument/statement in the right section and I promise you no one will complain about it.

Just please keep the sections clear just so people don't get lost in tons of comments :)

But anyways - Im really glad that you guys tell us what you want to change. It helps us out alot.

In the end us Admins are just humans like you and sometimes we get a bit lost so its much appreciated that you guys show us what to focus on again :)

We all really just want the best for you.

And please excuse my poorly english haha in Germany we don't type in english that often :p

@Steph ♥

I think you misunderstood, or I put it wrong. I did not mean that people should be treated differently, simply because they've been here for longer. I mean in general. People should be talked to if it's certain that the person is not an utter troll.

I totally agree with you shep :) Sorry I think I got it wrong. But yeah you are right. People make mistakes. Thats normal :)

One thing I kept thinking about when I was in the police, was that no high ranking cops should be allowed to be admins, and the highest rank an admin should be allowed to achieve is SPC.

The reason behind this, is that I know the SI/CSI/CMDR expect SGT's+ to be active, but I don't feel like if you are at such a high rank within the police, you wouldn't be able to put the effort required into being both a cop and an admin at the same time.

-

I will also agree on the admins checking and giving feedback on the suggestions forum.

-

I would love to see an dedicated Police forum moderator, who's job is to give new PC's forum access as well as remove the police tags on the forum for people leaving the police.

- Crazyone

Well I came here from serious rp communities, started the server on a bad foot and got myself a ban but you know I've improved, you guys have done a good job on handling ban reports and stuff in game, definitely one of the most well handled server ever been on, Thank you for bringing me in and allowing me to be part of a good community.

Also where do you get the time when you have a job in real life if you do?

I am probably one of the harshest when it comes to banning people but you would be surprised how many times I have tried to talk to someone about what they have done wrong and they either A) Run away going "trollolllolllrolrlrllrll" B ) Argue with you about it for 30 mins taking you away from doing what you are supposed to be doing. or C) call you a "bad admin" or something worse which does not go down well.

I still do try to talk to people though but at the end of the day we have 2 full servers at night time and I would rather have another person who abides by the rules on the server than someone who thinks they can bend them.

It would be cool if you could create a pinned topic which explains the basics of altis life; only the BARE basics though so people can find out more complicated things to do by themselves  :D

When i say West Country i don't mean Birmingham... We speak a little differently down here.
Haha, so true and it gets worse the closer you get to Devon too. When I was younger and went to the farmers market in Taunton I thought some of the people selling stuff were pirates as they sounded just like them!

I also want the towing back on the helicopters, but maybe we only take it back to the big ones like mohawk and houron!

@Wilco My youngest son has both of these and is attending a specialized school for him.  The amount of technology out there to assist people like you and him just amazes me.  Many of them for the ipad so its mobile.  You should look into these as they are great tools you might find interesting.

Something I'd like to see is cargo lifting or the tow ability on helicopters, just for the Mohawk and Huron, or just for the Huron itself to limit the amount of trolls who have access to it.

Other that, I'd like to see more reasons for bans. When I ban someone I ensure I have sufficient reason and evidence to ban someone, I save a recording, log the time and date and try my best to obtain the GUID with a brief detail of the reason they were banned. I'm not suggesting that much detail, but I'd like to see admins be assigned to each forum, who check that forum and deal with that forum, but all admins and ingame admins to check the unban request. There's a few posts that require the input of the person who issued a ban but go unseen by that person, without the reason of the ban and am explanation of the reason the ban was issued, people may well indeed be none the wiser.

I'd also like to see clearer rules for things like bank jobs. If negotiations break down, are we permitted to kill outside of the bank compound? It seems a tad unfair for a rebel force to engage surrounding units after negotiations have ended.

Also... Perhaps look at the ifrit vs Hunter ramming rule again, I was previously against this completely however since Zafirs and mk200's have been removed were limited to how we disable a hunter.

Also... Perhaps look at the ifrit vs Hunter ramming rule again, I was previously against this completely however since Zafirs and mk200's have been removed were limited to how we disable a hunter.
And the police are still limited in how to disable an Ifrit. Welcome to our world.

I started playing on this server tenth June and in that time I have played I have had a lot of fun. But the only thing I can think of is that you should make the rules easier for new players. In the beginning I had quite difficult to understand them, but now it's like a dance. And I have three friends who just started playing on this server and think they feel the same.

I did not read everything so someone might have said something about this but i will write it anyways.

//Olle-Theodor

Btw i miss the Hellcat Navy skin  :)  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back