What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

I got Banned for mass VDM. Can we get this situation resolved please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samithman

I have been banned for mass VDM at approximately 2300 03/05/2014

My steam and in game name is Samithman 

So having been playing on your sever for a while now I have really enjoyed my time in Atlis, not every activity I have been involved in has been "legal" but I do get on with cops as much as I do rebels.

So after making alot of money picking "peaches" I thought I would treat myself to a Ifrit ( having checking the rules in game and also asking via side chat there was no information about it being banned even though it is accessible via the rebel shop) 

After waiting for night fall and putting on my favorite rebel outfit, I took my ifrit for a spin in kavela role playing is what this is all about. I wanted to feel powerful, I wanted to feel like I was on the run which I did. I did not intend on killing anybody as its not really my style I'm more of a heisenberg, I'm in the empire business.

While driving around the town I hit on civilian who ran into the road in front of me and two police cars drove into my Ifrit. I than drove into a wrecked car and proceeded to get out and run it was at that point SGT Fisher tazed me without calling out that he was going to do so (which is in the rule book as the situation did call for it as I did not have my weapon drawn and did not shoot anybody)

It was at this point that another person was shooting at the police so I was than left in open sight but was not killed. After the police officers apprehended the rebel and spoke to him I than got the mass VDM banned message.

So my defense in this case is that I was role playing as a rebel alone in kavela which is allowed by the rules (although it does not say that Ifrits are banned on the rules in game) The VDM in question is against two police cars in which they were driving towards me.

There was no questioning about what I was doing in respect to role playing the force point of contact was after being restrained I got banned for two counts of VDM which doesn't constitute MASS VDM.

I'm a friendly played even helping out officers such as PC God apprehend a RDM guy in the middle of kavela.

I hope we can sort this out with haste

Samithman

Last edited by a moderator:
Your first mistake was to take an Ifrit into Kavala especially dressed as an all out rebel.

People get twitchy when we drive through Sofia in our Ifrit and that place is nearly lawless, also I think the police had every right to taze you and not say anything, you were a rebel in a Ifrit, as far as they are concerned it could've been an attack.

I wouldn't say two VDM's counts as mass VDM but still VDM is banable got only one count of it.

Your first mistake was to take an Ifrit into Kavala especially dressed as an all out rebel.

People get twitchy when we drive through Sofia in our Ifrit and that place is nearly lawless, also I think the police had every right to taze you and not say anything, you were a rebel in a Ifrit, as far as they are concerned it could've been an attack.

I wouldn't say two VDM's counts as mass VDM but still VDM is banable got only one count of it.
I never attacked anyone the people that died ran into me, there wasn't any precedent of me shooting anybody I was driving recklessly but as far as a "vehicle death match" the police are as culpable as me if that was the case.

Listen you were driving an Ifrit through Kavala, one of the most policed towns around, no one drives Ifrits or even wears rebel gear in town because the police will be in you like vultures.

Also if two police cars were driving towards you and you made the choice to ram them knowing your driving an armoured car I think that classes as VDM sorry to say

The Ifrit is shoot on sight for the police, it's illegal everywhere I believe.

tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500.gif

the cops had the choise to open fire on you, and try to take out your tires, or put spike strips, instead you jumped out and they tazed you, as mentined above, the ifrit is an armored car, it is an shoot on sight car, count your self lucky you only got tazed - and if you get unbanned, stay away from kavala, and athira is also starting to be a mess. don't take the ifrit because you win the "fight" with other vehicles that try to destroy you. - yea, you mistake is that you drove recklessly, apperantly stayed in the city even though people kept running into you. i could go on, ;)

Listen you were driving an Ifrit through Kavala, one of the most policed towns around, no one drives Ifrits or even wears rebel gear in town because the police will be in you like vultures.

Also if two police cars were driving towards you and you made the choice to ram them knowing your driving an armoured car I think that classes as VDM sorry to say
But being a solo rebel I am well within the confines of the rules to do so. As for the police cars, each on drove into me head on which leaves me unable to than do anything other than have a collision.  

the cops had the choise to open fire on you, and try to take out your tires, or put spike strips, instead you jumped out and they tazed you, as mentined above, the ifrit is an armored car, it is an shoot on sight car, count your self lucky you only got tazed - and if you get unbanned, stay away from kavala, and athira is also starting to be a mess. don't take the ifrit because you win the "fight" with other vehicles that try to destroy you. - yea, you mistake is that you drove recklessly, apperantly stayed in the city even though people kept running into you. i could go on, ;)
They never once tried to use spike strips and my tires were fine the reason I got out was because I lagged into a wall, So that was fine but rather than try effective methods of attacking me, the officers on duty decided to just ram me while being in a ifrit effectively breaking role play (you would not drive into a ifrit you would use said spike strips) and doing VDM themselves.  

Some police are good & some are not those that are not good are only in it for the free stuff & power.

If your story is true then I do not believe you deserved to be banned but you waved a red rag at the bull by driving around in Kavala in full rebel mode.

Here are 2 pieces of advice.

1. Dont drive around any town especially Kavala in full Rebel gear police will assume an imminent attack & fear for their lives so will respond accordingly.
  2. Record everything.
The admins are very busy A.T.M so do not expect a quick response. 

Anywhere from 1 second to 99999981.9 years

There is no time-frame, It will get looked into shortly.

I have a vague recollection of this event, but don't recall your in-game name, if I'm honest.

If it's the event I'm thinking of, I did get a report about you having killed multiple people with an Ifrit in Kavala. It's possible (in fact quite likely) that there was a delay between the report coming in about the VDM, and me actually wielding the ban-hammer. I am a very busy man (more so on Friday and Saturday nights, because every lunatic comes crawling home from the pub to tear up Kavala, it seems), and I'm no omnipotent, so sometimes there is a delay in my response to admin calls or TS shouts.

So... it is possible that the VDM has nothing to do with the two cop cars you trashed, and a lot more to do with the Civ or Civs that you splatted earlier. I'm interested to hear more about the earlier part of your arrival in Kavala, and the events leading up to the death or deaths that you know about.

Just for the record, we don't regard 'vehicle smashing vehicle' as an automatic VDM, by the way. It depends on the situation, obviously, but usually that ban is reserved for cases where someone has most definitely KILLED someone, with a vehicle. Usually, the 'mass VDM' is a sign that someone has taken out a bunch of Civs standing at a Cashpoint, or just driven around squashing runners on pavements willy-nilly. It happens.

I am tempted to believe your story, but as others have pointed out, you need to refine your understanding of the rules. I will, for my part, endeavour to make sure that the rules on the 'illegality' of Ifrits more obvious and overt - but we are at a time of change with regards to where and how the rules are posted (they've only recently started appearing 'in-game' and are not 100% aligned with the text on the forums, which sometimes changes faster in response to needs).

Ifrits are an 'illegal vehicle' under Altis Law, but of course they are perfectly 'acceptable' in terms of you being allowed to buy them in-game. They are not server-bannable, per se, unless they are mis-used in-game (for things like VDM or trolling). As such, cops will engage them on sight. They know that they are virtually impenetrable, and are attempting to develop tactics to stop them without either their own death, or that of the driver, but it is a tough call - especially in Kavala on a Saturday night. Bear in mind that you, as driver, will probably not have heard any calls made from cops in cars or on foot, and similarly even when out of your car, you probably won't have heard any taser calls from officers if they'd made that call inside their own vehicle. As it goes, because tasing is 'non-lethal', it is not ESSENTIAL for cops to call it anyway... it's desirable, certainly, but in some situations (e.g. a fully geared rebel dismounting from an armoured car, most likely with the intention of capping some poor cop's ass), the call on tasers may not always be given. The thing to do then is accept (gracefully or not) that you have been caught - with your illegal vehicle - in the middle of town, and take the punishment that will undoubtedly follow. You may even be able to justify or barter your way with the cops (depends on them, and the quality of your excuse for the vehicle-manslaughter that you come up with). Or maybe you'll go to jail - which is no biggie here, because we don't take rebel licences away automatically.

Similarly, singular rebel engagements in town are frowned upon, because they so often just turn into a long-range snipe with little or no RP at all, which is no fun for anyone but the sniper. We're in the process of changing those rules slightly, to ensure that targets are notified via Text 4 mins beforehand, that there is a contract out on them (see elsewhere for the discussion on this - it's going to be forumulated as a proper ruleset in due course). The reason that lone-wolf rebel ops suck is partly because they contribute to the whole RDM escalation situation in Kavala especially (usually the deceased cop drops his weapon which then becomes a plaything of some lunatic civ, and the fun just never ends after that). Partly, it's also because REBELS don't tend to work like that in real life. Assassins, yes. Lunatics, yes. Even some drug-gang members, maybe... but not REBELS. Rebels usually have a cause - a credo - a rationale - and an organisational structure to protect, develop, grow and - through it - bring about changes (good or bad) for a part of society, or an area under their control. Too many people think that "oh, I have a rebel licence, I can just go shooting people now"... which is pretty lame really, when you think it through.

Anyway - tell me more about the run-up to the incident, and what might've caused you to be considered a mass KILLER of people with a vehicle, and I'll decide whether you're worth paroling...

I have a vague recollection of this event, but don't recall your in-game name, if I'm honest.

If it's the event I'm thinking of, I did get a report about you having killed multiple people with an Ifrit in Kavala. It's possible (in fact quite likely) that there was a delay between the report coming in about the VDM, and me actually wielding the ban-hammer. I am a very busy man (more so on Friday and Saturday nights, because every lunatic comes crawling home from the pub to tear up Kavala, it seems), and I'm no omnipotent, so sometimes there is a delay in my response to admin calls or TS shouts.

So... it is possible that the VDM has nothing to do with the two cop cars you trashed, and a lot more to do with the Civ or Civs that you splatted earlier. I'm interested to hear more about the earlier part of your arrival in Kavala, and the events leading up to the death or deaths that you know about.

Just for the record, we don't regard 'vehicle smashing vehicle' as an automatic VDM, by the way. It depends on the situation, obviously, but usually that ban is reserved for cases where someone has most definitely KILLED someone, with a vehicle. Usually, the 'mass VDM' is a sign that someone has taken out a bunch of Civs standing at a Cashpoint, or just driven around squashing runners on pavements willy-nilly. It happens.

I am tempted to believe your story, but as others have pointed out, you need to refine your understanding of the rules. I will, for my part, endeavour to make sure that the rules on the 'illegality' of Ifrits more obvious and overt - but we are at a time of change with regards to where and how the rules are posted (they've only recently started appearing 'in-game' and are not 100% aligned with the text on the forums, which sometimes changes faster in response to needs).

Ifrits are an 'illegal vehicle' under Altis Law, but of course they are perfectly 'acceptable' in terms of you being allowed to buy them in-game. They are not server-bannable, per se, unless they are mis-used in-game (for things like VDM or trolling). As such, cops will engage them on sight. They know that they are virtually impenetrable, and are attempting to develop tactics to stop them without either their own death, or that of the driver, but it is a tough call - especially in Kavala on a Saturday night. Bear in mind that you, as driver, will probably not have heard any calls made from cops in cars or on foot, and similarly even when out of your car, you probably won't have heard any taser calls from officers if they'd made that call inside their own vehicle. As it goes, because tasing is 'non-lethal', it is not ESSENTIAL for cops to call it anyway... it's desirable, certainly, but in some situations (e.g. a fully geared rebel dismounting from an armoured car, most likely with the intention of capping some poor cop's ass), the call on tasers may not always be given. The thing to do then is accept (gracefully or not) that you have been caught - with your illegal vehicle - in the middle of town, and take the punishment that will undoubtedly follow. You may even be able to justify or barter your way with the cops (depends on them, and the quality of your excuse for the vehicle-manslaughter that you come up with). Or maybe you'll go to jail - which is no biggie here, because we don't take rebel licences away automatically.

Similarly, singular rebel engagements in town are frowned upon, because they so often just turn into a long-range snipe with little or no RP at all, which is no fun for anyone but the sniper. We're in the process of changing those rules slightly, to ensure that targets are notified via Text 4 mins beforehand, that there is a contract out on them (see elsewhere for the discussion on this - it's going to be forumulated as a proper ruleset in due course). The reason that lone-wolf rebel ops suck is partly because they contribute to the whole RDM escalation situation in Kavala especially (usually the deceased cop drops his weapon which then becomes a plaything of some lunatic civ, and the fun just never ends after that). Partly, it's also because REBELS don't tend to work like that in real life. Assassins, yes. Lunatics, yes. Even some drug-gang members, maybe... but not REBELS. Rebels usually have a cause - a credo - a rationale - and an organisational structure to protect, develop, grow and - through it - bring about changes (good or bad) for a part of society, or an area under their control. Too many people think that "oh, I have a rebel licence, I can just go shooting people now"... which is pretty lame really, when you think it through.

Anyway - tell me more about the run-up to the incident, and what might've caused you to be considered a mass KILLER of people with a vehicle, and I'll decide whether you're worth paroling...
Firstly I would like to say thank you for the in depth reply as it hasn't gone unnoticed. The build up wasn't anything to exciting, I joined up with a friend to go and pick some "peaches" while on our way to turn them into a very popular powdered substance the server reset unexpectedly, rather than risking life and limb again I decided that I would indulge myself in a ifrit as I hadn't spent much money in the game and thought that there's more to life than building a empire so I headed to the rebel base to buy the ifrit and headed back to kevala. I'm sure I never hurt anyone whilst doing this, I'm generally a good member of the community except for the "peach" farming business I have up and running. I may be wrong with the exact details due to it happening last week but I can assure you that the whole point of altis life for me is the role playing mechanic as your officers have found out that whilst pulling me over. If there's anything else that you need to know I am more than willing to assist.

Ok... PM me your Battleye GUID, the text of the kick-message in full, and your IP address.

Fail.

You've sent me your PRIVATE LAN IP address, not your public one that everyone else in the world sees.

You've sent me your ARMA3 PLAYERID, not your BATTLEYE GUID.

The 'mass VDM' message you were banned for, also matches 9 other players' bans.

So, I am unable to locate you for an unban at this time. Please try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back