What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

I got trolled by BT.....

Will Ridley

Ok so a bit of back story to those who don't get it. Basically my internet is unreliable as fuck and basically you try and fix it. (Usually turning it on and off makes a difference) I think BT just hate me. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly the best content you will experience this year! Critics say amazing.

Hahahah relatable. 

On a serious note though, I had this issue up until recently when I took it into my own hands to fix as I get better customer support from the piece of dog shit outside of my office than I do with BT. 

PSA : BT HOME HUBS ARE SHIT. 

I went to Amazon and ordered myself a £40 Netgear hub. Didn't need a new modem. 

Installed that & binned my BT homehub, renamed & configured everything to work with my BT Infinity line (which is really straightforward), and now I no longer have disconnection issues and my speeds are a lot higher. BT Broadband itself isn't bad, it's just their supplied home hubs, definitely something fishy going on there, perhaps a money-grabbing scheme similar to Apple's Iphones slowing down etc. So yeah, get yourself a netgear router and the issues should be resolved.

EDIT : Had the same issue in our office with a BT router, did the same thing (switched out for a Netgear router) and this fixed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
@OG Styx Thanks for the advice bud, will be trying a new hub in the near future, good to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Back