What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

I play with this every day!

Vladic Ka

Angry Jock
Management
So Ive been here a wee while now and I thought as I was installing an Icy dock on my Christmas SSD (It was sat in the shelf) I would take a few pics of my PC/Gaming room.

So heres my basic system:

RIG.PNG

Hardware:

AOC G2770 144 Hz main gaming Screen

Samsung 32 Inch LCD HDTV

Logitech G19 Keyboard

Logitech G9X Gaming mouse with variable DPI (Awesome for sniping)

Logitech G13 Gaming Pad

Logitech Sound sytem I bought about 8 years ago. It has a sub and stuff and still sounds awesome!

Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam

Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset

Blue Yeti Microphone with arm/pop adapter

Some chair I got recommended on Amazon and its awesome.

And heres a few pics:

2016-02-21 13.13.10.jpg2016-02-21 13.13.34.jpg2016-02-21 13.13.51.jpg2016-02-21 13.14.09.jpg2016-02-21 13.22.14.jpg2016-02-21 13.27.55.jpg

Yes I know I have some coke in the bottom of my PC but that was a baaaaaad night!

Sorry I dont have links but Im sure you can find it from my description above.

Next step for this system is to get rid of the TV and get a second 27" Monitor with a smaller one wall mounted behind. Might get some RAM at some point too.

Enjoy!

Edit:

Forgot to add my storage:

120 GB SSD for OS/Arma

250 GB SSD for games

1Tb drive for random stuff/games

2Tb drive for videos and stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
the key questions is do you have the essential to any pc setup....

sports-directmug2.png

2016-02-22 12.57.38.jpg

Started to drink posh coffee. The same brand as the chilli's/Chocolate I use.

really like it vlad looks like you going the same way as mine :) and to have the same phone aswell....lol  very nice indeed

6gJp9fj.jpg

onward and forward bud :)

i just need that mike boom

u need info on some decent monitors give us a shout!

You just wanna kill those fps with dual and triple monitors :)

But damn it looks good :)

Ill update all the pics/stats on Saturday as thats when I get the new GPU. 

I have a question for all Titan users. With the system above will I still be bottlenecked by my CPU?

I get decent frames in everything but Arma. Normally run 50-60 fps with the setup above except when Im in Kavala. It totally dies to like 30 max.

Ill update all the pics/stats on Saturday as thats when I get the new GPU. 

I have a question for all Titan users. With the system above will I still be bottlenecked by my CPU?

I get decent frames in everything but Arma. Normally run 50-60 fps with the setup above except when Im in Kavala. It totally dies to like 30 max.
A titan X is tasty - but how come you didnt go for the 980ti? It's half the price and has 98-99% of the performance as it's the same chipset.

Regarding the CPU/Frames question ARMA is not a well optomised game and depends much more heavily on CPU than GPU. Your CPU is actually pretty good and only a few steps down from the flagship of that line. Without overclocking/replacing the whole thing for something more dominating on single threads there wont be much you can do i think. The frame drop in Kavala is probably going to be scripts/objects/people around you.

Have you overclocked the CPU at all? Should be a piece of cake on a 'K' processor.

It's factory over clocked by Alienware. 

I guess I just wanted to future proof for 4K and 5k gaming. 

It's factory over clocked by Alienware. 

I guess I just wanted to future proof for 4K and 5k gaming. 
Plus you get to tell people you have a Titan X. It's some badge of honour!

Factory overclocked to what degree? If it's not at, you could probably push it to 4GHz as it appears to have a water/liquid cooler on it, though i'm not sure what Alienware's bios is like.

Besides overclocking, your only option would really be to go for either a different CPU from the generation + socket you have so it just drops in, or a new cpu/mobo/ram.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html shows the performance of various CPUs. The 4790k (incompatible 1150 socket) is the top performer and would need you to get a new Mobo in addition to the CPU, and to use your cooler you would need compatible 1150 bracket (or just buy another one/use an air cooler)

Having a quick look at CPUs that are compatible with your socket (2011) there isnt much variation between them, you can get other CPUS with 6 core, but they have slightly lower single-thread performance.

For a 4790k and mobo, you're talking roughly £350. If you still had you're 980, you're not far off having a second gaming pc hah.

With my 4790k + 980Ti, in Kavala i generally see 40-50fps, but it can drop into the 30s if there's a lot of stuff going on. Considering you already have arma on an SSD and have sunk the money into a sweet TitanX, I would say impo it isn't worth changing cpu/mobo in the (unguaranteed) pursuit of 10 more frames in a single city. If you log on right after restart and spawn in kavala before everyone else and it really gets going, your frames are probably higher - mine sit 50-60 after restart then drop as more and more goes on in the game.

Save the cash and drop it on something like https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-asus-pg27aq-rog-swift-4k-nvidia-g-sync-ips-monitor-3840x2160-4ms-10001-adjustable-black-dp-hdmi-2 or 2 more reasonably priced 4k screens :)

Ok I bit the bullet and I am sending back my Titan. Motherfuckers.

Back