What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

If a server wipe was to happen like a RPUK 2.0, would you be behind it?

Wiping of all assets like money, cars, businesses etc.

• Yes

Votes: 75 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 54.0%

• Total voters
I dont know what would be worse, server wipe or taxes being implemented 
IMHO both those are rather lazy, dead-hand solutions. There is a place for taxes (mostly in ensuring that players remain **active** and are not just sandbagging on resources that the economy needs to be churning-over and active, for the benefit of other players. But taxes are not what I would call a decent 'money-sink'.

Money-sinks done right, are where there are irresistible purchases, chances to take, risks to run, and you can't sit by and let other people claim the kudos for having done them; trophy-tasks, badges, items, titles, achievements - all that kind of thing.

Some need to just be damned expensive, aimed at bleeding the rich... but in a 'fair chance' (or seemingly so) kind of way.

Others need to be risks that anyone can take that sometimes pay big, and sometimes lose big too - but the payoff is a huge 'dick-swinging moment' that you can use to crow in the face of your friends or enemies about having won, while they are too pussy to try it.

Taxes are a blunt instrument; scaled challenges are where it's at. Trust me; I'm a doctor.

IMHO both those are rather lazy, dead-hand solutions. There is a place for taxes (mostly in ensuring that players remain **active** and are not just sandbagging on resources that the economy needs to be churning-over and active, for the benefit of other players. But taxes are not what I would call a decent 'money-sink'.

Money-sinks done right, are where there are irresistible purchases, chances to take, risks to run, and you can't sit by and let other people claim the kudos for having done them; trophy-tasks, badges, items, titles, achievements - all that kind of thing.

Some need to just be damned expensive, aimed at bleeding the rich... but in a 'fair chance' (or seemingly so) kind of way.

Others need to be risks that anyone can take that sometimes pay big, and sometimes lose big too - but the payoff is a huge 'dick-swinging moment' that you can use to crow in the face of your friends or enemies about having won, while they are too pussy to try it.

Taxes are a blunt instrument; scaled challenges are where it's at. Trust me; I'm a doctor.
I agree, I think the major issue, and the reason people think we need a change is due to not fealing like they have a goal. we have a pretty A-B approach to how things work wich makes them repetitive and there isnt realy any way for people to develop their experience. As players we are handed tasks instead of creating and developing them ourselves. We have businesses that run themselves with owners that are only around once a month to restock, is that what we as a community prefer? Or should there be an incentive for them to stay active?

We should take a look at how we can de-automise and open up more alternatives to the activities we already have. And like the old weed fields, when a new meta arrives we change it.

Maybe change the way businesses work ? Right now it’s stock up the store and people can buy it anytime they want. What if it’s changed so that you need employees to give the items to the player ? That way restaurants will have waiters and shops will have cashiers. For example Auto Exotics they do repairs/ washes (player interaction) instead of having automated repair stations like Benny’s or automated washes like Ballas Car wash. There might be a problem with not having employees online and people can’t buy stuff, but having one other automated option like a general shop that opens 24/7 would fix that. So in the end players can choose whether to use the automated facilities (Benny’s, Ballas Car Wash, General Store, General Restaurant), or go to the shops with player interaction. 

What if it’s changed so that you need employees to give the items to the player ?
I personally like this idea, my main "issue" with it though is that i have a feeling not that many people are interested in sitting behind a counter at a shop hoping someone will come by to RP with them, otherwise it's a good idea
perhaps good enough for a suggestion 😉

Maybe change the way businesses work ? Right now it’s stock up the store and people can buy it anytime they want. What if it’s changed so that you need employees to give the items to the player ? That way restaurants will have waiters and shops will have cashiers. For example Auto Exotics they do repairs/ washes (player interaction) instead of having automated repair stations like Benny’s or automated washes like Ballas Car wash. There might be a problem with not having employees online and people can’t buy stuff, but having one other automated option like a general shop that opens 24/7 would fix that. So in the end players can choose whether to use the automated facilities (Benny’s, Ballas Car Wash, General Store, General Restaurant), or go to the shops with player interaction. 
Not a bad shout at all. Shops a little less so but perhaps take the food you buy from shops and make them fill you less like a small top up (snacks) and resturants have to have people to serve the food and that food lasts a lot longer (something like half a storm as an example) make it more expensive (but not ridiculous). Gets people roleplaying resturants and having to sit in there and interact. We talk about all this real world situation adding tax to everything or using examples of "you'd not do this in real life" but im sat scranning 90 smoothies and 32 bags of talkers a day just so I don't die of starvation.

Back