What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Illegal Moonshine Production

Joziff J

My idea is to have the ability to produce illegal bottles of moonshine. 

The process should have several steps, a long grind but with some cool benefits, outcomes and potential RP scenarios.

Just a rough idea but I am thinking the process would be something like 

- Pick Potatoes from a field (possibly player owned?) the same way you would gather apples, bananas etc. 

- Gather Wheat / Barley from a different location 

- Take a truck of ingredients to a certain location (Sandy / Paleto?) where you have to peel and ferment etc. (In real life this process takes about 2 weeks maybe this could be reflected in game somehow? Maybe similar to the way weed plants take a few days to grow)  

- Let's say that 4 Fermented Wheat and 4 Peeled potatoes gives you 1 'Moonshine mash' or 'Mixture

- 1 Water + 1 Moonshine mash = 1 Homemade moonshine 

Bottles of Homemade moonshine take up 1 inventory space and can only be sold to locals around Sandy, Grapeseed and Paleto not sure on what would be a fair price considering the time / effort into making it. When selling, the police are notified by locals just like when dealing drugs in the city. 

I also think it would be awesome that for every bottle of your dodgy Homemade moonshine you sell there is a chance to 'aggro' the locals where they try to attack you in a drunken rage! Seeing as a lot of the locals in the country carry guns you would need to make sure you are well protected. This should be a dangerous and risky business but rewarding.

Homemade moonshine could also have the same effect on a player as vodka (gain a small health boost but makes you drunk) 

I think having a mechanic like this would open up the map so that gangs, families and groups could set up permanent residence outside of the main city and run some of those areas similar to how gangs run / tax turf. 

Maybe a group of hillbillies could rise to power through the illegal moonshine business?

Perhaps a gang need to lay low for a while and make some money out of the city?

Police could do patrols or even have a whole department designated to these areas. I can think of lots of fun RP scenarios, raiding illegal breweries, police stopping suspicious looking trucks entering the area, players robbing other moonshiners, sharing brewing spots for information etc. Possession of Homemade moonshine in the city could be completely illegal and even carrying a few bottles could land you with a hefty fine.

I think there are so many interesting and beautiful locations around Sandy, Paleto and Grapeseed it would be great to have more reasons to frequent these places. I had most of this idea during a fever dream last night so I hope this makes sense any notes or suggestions you would like to add would be very much welcomed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Altruist camp or oneills farm are prime locations plus paleto forest. 

Gives the rangers another purpose too by patrolling for bootleggers. Its a massive rip from red dead but why not.

Back