What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Imported Car Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

FragstarGames

Brief Summary:

Changing the way imported car sales work.

Detailed Suggestion:

Now before people start downvoting this idea please read as i can imagine a fair amount of players have experienced this happen to them. I feel the way imported cars are selling is good the way the dealer has to order them and then the driver has to deliver them, this is great BUT there has to be change in the way dealers have to sell them as it is just not fair on people who are not in the city or either in the queue to get in. Thats just one thing now onto the next issue. Dealers seem to be biased on who they are selling cars to (not all dealers i must admit) but some dealers i have seen saving cars for friends and then not allowing the people who want it there and then to even have a chance to buy it and then were told "wait till next month" but the thing is this is happening every single month. Now i know people will say buy it second hand but the price then increases by double because people want to make a profit. This is why everyone was fishing because they wanted more money for import cars. I know imports are done every month to try and make the cars limited and special but this is causing people to sit and farm money and not actually RP so maybe imports just need to be a permenant thing no limits and this would stop people sitting there for hours farming money and would also give the little guys a chance to get a car.

The Pros:

Making imports permenant not limited reducing farming money and increased RP

Changing the way dealers handle sales to stop saving cars for friends

The Cons:

I dont see a bad thing about any of this as stops players farming money for hours upon hours and every player can have a car.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Go out of your way to RP with dealers and speak to them and make a relationship with them. Its all about making connections in the city. I feel no matter what dealers could just not order the cars in and wait for their friends anyways. Its literally all about going out of your way to doing stuff for people 

Go out of your way to RP with dealers and speak to them and make a relationship with them. Its all about making connections in the city. I feel no matter what dealers could just not order the cars in and wait for their friends anyways. Its literally all about going out of your way to doing stuff for people 
I see what you saying pal i really do and its a valid point but at the end of the day im not making friends with the gents down at my local ford garage just to get a car and it shouldnt be the same here. The purpose of the car dealership is to sell cars but if those cars are being put to one side for certain people then thats not exactly fair on the rest of us. maybe if there was a valid pre ordering system then fine.

I see what you saying pal i really do and its a valid point but at the end of the day im not making friends with the gents down at my local ford garage just to get a car and it shouldnt be the same here. The purpose of the car dealership is to sell cars but if those cars are being put to one side for certain people then thats not exactly fair on the rest of us. maybe if there was a valid pre ordering system then fine.
Im running around shooting people and dealing drugs in real life but i am here as thats my character. The city like the real world is all about connections

I think a big part of the issue is that the dealers themselves do not know when exactly they will get access to the new stock or what they are getting.

If the government was to contact each dealer specifically and inform them when the next batch was to become available they could let people know when to come down

Because as you mentioned sometimes they drop at 3am in the morning leaving no change for the working man or woman as they will all be gone by the time they get around to comming on after work the next day.

And for example if luxury autos knew there was x cars comming and the prices of said cars maybe people could leave deposits to save it for them if they will be at work etc when they drop.

Its a complex issue atm and there isn't one simple solution.

I would suggest make a scheduled drop, meaning that imports should drop at this time every week/month so people know they're dropped and can get ready for it. Another alternative would be a scheduled sale, meaning no matter when the imports drop, dealerships have to set a time where they would sell them. Lets say they drop thursday, but dealership can only sell them on a friday cause they set that day as their import sale day. Im not sure how dealerships work so this idea might be a bad one. 

Of course the azteca will say create RP connections to get cars earlier 😂😂

I completely agree with OP, in fact I'd go as far as to say that there should be a monthly import token placed in players inventory, you can only use it once to buy one import from the dealerships per month and that's it, everything else you have to buy second hand. This should stop scalpers hugely and make imports more rare, right now 95% of the server is driving around in an import.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the azteca will say create RP connections to get cars earlier 😂😂

I completely agree with OP, in fact I'd go as far as to say that there should be a monthly import token placed in players inventory, you can only use it once to buy one import from the dealerships per month and that's it, everything else you have to buy second hand. This should stop scalpers hugely and make imports more rare, right now 95% of the server is driving around in an import.
Thats what we have done for Kev and we do alot to help each other out. If you dont go out your way to do shit like that why expect things to just come to you

Thats what we have done for Kev and we do alot to help each other out. If you dont go out your way to do shit like that why expect things to just come to you
I think your miss understanding though mate were not expecting anything special apart from the salesman to do his job and sell fairly. It would be like having to make friends with a shop owner just to get repair kits it wouldnt be fair especially with something so big like imports

I think your miss understanding though mate were not expecting anything special apart from the salesman to do his job and sell fairly. It would be like having to make friends with a shop owner just to get repair kits it wouldnt be fair especially with something so big like imports
I've not taken either side in this suggestion so far, but comparing common items such as a repair kit to rarer, expensive items such as imported cars isn't a realistic comparison.

Could you not argue that having to develop relationships with those that sell imports so that you can guarantee yourself one is fair and realistic? If your friend wanted the same item as a complete stranger, you are far more inclined to give it to your friend, no doubt about it. Even with that example, no one is suggesting you need to be good mates with those that sell imports, just simply talk to them and discuss what you're looking for and come to an arrangement so that when the time comes that the vehicle you want is imported, you know one will be available for you because of your prior chat with the dealer.

Despite all that, an argument can be made that imports are difficult to attain, particularly at the moment. However work is clearly being done to develop this area of the server, as I'm sure it has been for well over a year now, and implementing a token system seems like a cheap and extremely restrictive solution to a complex issue.

Fun Fact. IRL I have used my connections with friends working at dealerships to secure a vehicle at a good price. I do get that other customers aren't necessarily disadvantaged as they're buying new cars, not importing them from a limited stock.

I've seen this come up on Discord a lot, with a bit of Azteca bashing thrown in as it is here. Is the problem not on face value the same for every other dealer? The issue is they're competitive. Each dealer shares stock with another dealer. If Dealer 1 decides not order that car just yet lets spread out what we're selling, Dealer 2 is just gonna nab it instead.

There is then a crazy amount of demand for import cars so I'm not surprised being friends with a car dealership is going to have some perks. Why would a dealer have stock sitting there and not sell it when there's people there in large numbers happy to buy it?

It's taken me just over 2 weeks to get the car I've been after having not been able to get it from a dealership because it's already been sold and I've not been online due to being at work. Frustrating? Yeah, I wanted that car sooner in the same way I would have been keen for Michel Keegan to be my girlfriend once upon a time in my life. But it's not that bad that I think there needs to be a change in how dealers work. As more stock comes in people will sell their older imports they own and this then 

The #auctionroom on Discord and Tweedle are both booming for car sales, with a number being imports. Dealers aren't the only place to get good, decent cars. Granted it's not that easy finding the car you want - but surely that's part of the fun? Far more rewarding owning a car I've been trying to get for weeks to then finally get it.

Fun Fact. IRL I have used my connections with friends working at dealerships to secure a vehicle at a good price. I do get that other customers aren't necessarily disadvantaged as they're buying new cars, not importing them from a limited stock.

I've seen this come up on Discord a lot, with a bit of Azteca bashing thrown in as it is here. Is the problem not on face value the same for every other dealer? The issue is they're competitive. Each dealer shares stock with another dealer. If Dealer 1 decides not order that car just yet lets spread out what we're selling, Dealer 2 is just gonna nab it instead.

There is then a crazy amount of demand for import cars so I'm not surprised being friends with a car dealership is going to have some perks. Why would a dealer have stock sitting there and not sell it when there's people there in large numbers happy to buy it?

It's taken me just over 2 weeks to get the car I've been after having not been able to get it from a dealership because it's already been sold and I've not been online due to being at work. Frustrating? Yeah, I wanted that car sooner in the same way I would have been keen for Michel Keegan to be my girlfriend once upon a time in my life. But it's not that bad that I think there needs to be a change in how dealers work. As more stock comes in people will sell their older imports they own and this then 

The #auctionroom on Discord and Tweedle are both booming for car sales, with a number being imports. Dealers aren't the only place to get good, decent cars. Granted it's not that easy finding the car you want - but surely that's part of the fun? Far more rewarding owning a car I've been trying to get for weeks to then finally get it.
I do agree with you with some points. I just feel the way the imports are being sold needs a revamp so everyone gets a fair chance. The problem with the Auction room is its bloody backwards. IRL if you buy a car as soon as it leaves the dealership its loses its value now i understand that players want to make a profit but this is just becoming a scalpers dream they buy a car for 500k and sell it for 2 mil wheres the logic in that? IRL for example lets look at the recent next gen games consoles that went on sale that no one can buy due to scalpers buying them all and selling them for more. This is the same thing. Yes its a game and yes people shouldnt work themselfs up so much over a game but i just think there needs to be a fairer way in selling them and stop people buying 3 of them just to sell them on for more. For example i want an R34 but i refuse to pay just under 2 mil for a 500k car when realisticly the price should drop not rise. I fell when it comes to imports its just a mess at the minute and could do with a new way of selling thats fair to everyone not just people who have the biggest bank balance and have been friends with dealers. This is obv just my opinion.

There is a fair chance to everybody to get a hold of a special car. Right place, right time and relationships. 

Can be solved with RP.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back