What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Impounding for Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace J Hunter

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Now I know that we want to encourage as much player interacting and RP as possible through using the mechanic. Though currently we have a serious issue with not being able to impound things as police.

We constantly have over 5 vehicles at a time just sitting in the Sinner Street station getting in the way and not being dealt with. We cannot always rely on mechanics all the time to impound vehicles because most of the time people are simply just farming mechanic runs, rather than actually responding to calls. Even if they were responding to calls we can't expect mechanics and enough mechanics for that matter to be on all the time to deal with police matters. Additionally, sometimes we can't garage police vehicles and simply have to leave them out.
I propose that police should have the ability to impound and scrap vehicles respectively if they bring them back to the station, by driving them there. Or alternatively, the police could have their own flatbed/towtruck as seen below.

This would allow us to deal with many more situations such as the following; random empty NPC vehicles blocking roads, abandoned vehicles, illegaly parked vehicles (blocking traffic and NPCS), vehicles with large amounts of contraband etc... Overall, it is also about helping the server in aiming to clear it up. A lof of the time I come into Legion Square and just see heaps of empty and abandoned vehicles blocking the streets which we can't do anything about.
16200916563_7afd0a6792_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mechanics just need a better reward for doing police contracts. Yesterday i moved around 10 vehicles from around the PD area, but didnt get anything from it.

And i absolutely do not think police should be able to scrap vehicles right now. This isnt like altis life, people spend weeks saving up for vehicles

As Macdonald said, mechanics simply need to have a reason to tow vehicles at the police's request. At the moment, we do not earn enough to be able to pay mechanics for helping clear vehicles. Giving the mechanic role more of an incentive will also increase roleplay and interactions, whilst giving police the ability will simply not do that at all.

I would wait to see how the mechanic rework plays out before the police get the ability to impound, but im not against them having an impound as the city in the more populated areas  are usually full or broken/local cars anywhere and everywhere

Considering there's a million cars left abandoned by then middle/End towards the restart that causes server performance to drop significantly. I massively agree. It makes the roads and server look messy and unorganised.

+1

+1 for this, the amount of times I have to lockpick a car to move it somewhere else as all spots are blocked by abandoned cars is insane. I only get £40 each paycheck and this is not enough to pay the mechanics. If I have to pay then, Id have to go in a huge dept or pay in a different way

Big -1 on the scraping of vehicles.

Imagine grinding for 30 plus hours to get a £500,000 car for some scrap happy cop to delete it.

Big -1 on the scraping of vehicles.

Imagine grinding for 30 plus hours to get a £500,000 car for some scrap happy cop to delete it.
I do agree tbh. Scrapping might not be as good of an idea. Though we just need to ensure that mechanics can effectively do their job through a working flatbed system to impound things

Just pay the mechanics - ez
And then giving police better paychecks so that we can pay the mechanics

The impounding system would simply serve the purpose of allowing the police to clean up the server when mechanics are unavailable. Therefore, we would try to prioritise mechanics first.
All I want to do is to stop this: 20200603154716_1.jpg20200603155013_1.jpg

We do not simply have money to pay mechanics, and some times mechanic would not return your truck if it is containing illegal stuff. There should be the rule in place so the mechanic can not abuse their system, like take a truck full of meth and sell it or tow a police car away what is been used by a constable. I would say prioritise mechanics if we have them and police have the means to pay for a mechanic. PC paycheck is 40£ every 15?. And you need money for fuel, food and drinks, bandages, food and drinks for persons, toolkits and then you should be able to pay mechanic 5k bill :O. And if the mechanic gets a big pay for police job would ruin the economy (I understand if you do the mechanic job you should earn as much as doing the legal run.) 

On this there's a big problem that the police have to manually remove items from a vehicle before requesting an impound as they keep their inventory. So say you have a few cars with drugs in them they have to be brought back to PD and then some poor sod has to run back and forth from the cars emptying them which can take quite a while. If there are changes made to impounding can we please have it so their inventories are wiped when they are? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back