What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Improve Vehicle Armour/Durability

DJ

Brief Summary: Increase the durability of all vehicles

Detailed Suggestion: So with the new suggestion of adding more bank robberies and Humane labs again and reading some of the recent suggestions of impounding/scraping vehicles and worries of more gunfights, I would like to see the durability of local,player-owned and faction owned vehicles be improved,  currently your choice is to use a local car but after a couple of knocks it stops working or use your own vehicle and have it face being scrapped if seen used for 3 Serious crimes (Which my guess a bank robbery would fall under that)

I see this as a way to bring more to police chases and less likely of shooting a way out of a bank, bringing more of a use of RPU and NPAS and making police coordination more vital to try and bring a stop to a chase, instead of a couple of TC's and the vehicle is busted,

now I can hear the complaints already don't do the crime if you don't want to be caught, while yes I agree if you caught there should be some punishment, without a bunch of active criminals you would be bored and not logging in (such as we saw at the end of Arma) 

Now everyone will just use local cars there's no risk- well no, the police vehicles will still be more durable than a local and you still have a lot more back up and resources to catch them, which just means you may get a 10-minute chase than a 2-minute one hopefully and have people coming up with some clever ways to try and outsmart NPAS & RPU. and hopefully more detective work for CID as they can build a case up against people robbing banks and bring down large robbing groups.

With some of the suggestions coming in this post, there going to have to be some background planning and work to get to do bank nevermind trying to escape it, I know I would hate it if I had to spend a few hours getting all the parts of the bank robbery ready to then get stopped by a 30-second chase by getting rammed twice and the vehicle breaks.

The Pros:

Hopefully more chases and less shooting, bring a change to both criminal life and police units 

The Cons:

Dev work and could lead to more people getting away 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes

(My opnion and not of the staff team)

big +1 from me, right now one semi bad crash in a local car and your done, then again it shouldn’t be that hard stops have no/ a minor affect on the vehicle.

totally agree +1, if your in a police chase and the car your driving is not armoured it will most likely break from one pit which makes it almost impossible to get away 

I see a suggestion to extend RP situation and more fun for both sides, i upvote

It's ridiculous how easily u can get busted after two crashes resulting in harsh convictions, loss of license and scrapping of owned cars. Chases need to be more fun and more durable, now it's up to the criminal to escape a long chase or for the police to catch up for that lengthy chase, its not about who wins its about the fun of driving fast, GTA RP shouldnt be all about paperwork in the PD cells.

I've found that even my fully armoured Euros only survives 1 and a bit crashes. Certainly not a bad thing to create longer chases as it's fun for both parties 

Back