What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Improvements to the Park Ranger role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid Belski

Donator
Donator
With changes to the fuel delivery jobs more people are starting to work as park rangers. This is great! but, it's becomming a little unruley.

I'd like to suggest the following:

Appointed manager(s)/Lead ranger(s) - I had a RP interaction with the police who needed to speak to someone about the behaviour of the rangers, as there wasn't officially anyone we RP'd as me being the manager of the other rangers responsible for my staff. the police advised I gather my team and have a talk with them about traffic regulations and to be wary of abusing the emergency lights. This made the RP a lot more interesting.

NHS/Police support - Weapon trained rangers would be able to assist the Police or NHS if they are called out to a situation in the mountains/woodland or anywhere where mountain lions could be a danger.

Mountain rescue -The rangers could have a dedicated number for people to text if they are stranded off road. Much like a taxi but we are able to traverse dangerous terrain.

Dedicated ranger radio frequency.

Change the musket to a hunting riffle - It would make any 'safety' jobs easier and it's much more humane when culling.

^ Weapon training/sign off by manager/lead ranger - People are abusing the ranger position in order to get a musket and ammo for themselves and their gangs/friends. The level for being able to weild a musket should be level 4 and then the ranger should be 'signed off' by a ranger manager which should help stop people abusing this system and will make people take this job role more seriously. This could be done by RP'ing a ride along during culling.

The ability to return a rented ranger vehicle.

Ranger tweedle account.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rework of mechanic + parkrager needs to come soon, it's long overdue in my opinion. Par ranger is the less imersive RP thing I've ever done. Ever since muskets got nerfed, the rabbits laugh as my bullets tickle them and go EEEEE as my tyres flaten them.

People using their cars as weapons, never leaving and skinning from inside... I hate driving by that shit let alone being apart of it. Also, being a level 4 mechanic it has not once brought me an addition RP interaction. The entire grind, the end game.. My only RP interaction was running red lights in my tow truck.

I think we also need a city hall again. More lawyers, judges, a mayor an a reworked council that are active and can create RP scenarios. I feel for the cops, and certain whitelist factions, because there's only so much you can do to create good RP without a backbone. Support, structure and creativity is required to engineer our city. We built it this way, and we can build it again.

+1 on reworking Park rangers and +1 on having a head ranger (this should be a law enforcement role imho, as PARK RANGERS are a thing across the UK, EU and Americas.

In addition to this maybe have a staff parking area similar to the taxi office parking to avoid personal vehicles being stolen and the area becoming clogged.

+1 from me! I think the park ranger job should maybe be turned into like maybe some kind of HQ with a purpose? I know in some servers they have park ranger police branches etc who patrol the northern part of the city. Which would be nice and means the police would respond to some stuff if needed and have extra eyes and ears out of the city. 

I am new to the city and love the Park Ranger role so far. Although I am new to the server I have payed other servers previously and I see a huge opportunity to expand the ranger role without going over board. A hunting rifle is definitly needed and if only made available to Rangers and signed in at the start of the shift and signed out at the end would help prevent abuse by gangs. Parking is also badly needed as I have had 2 vehicles stolen already. 

Another nice touch would be a section of the forum where rangers that want to do the job as their main could chat. The most experienced rnager should also definitly be given some power which would lead to great RP opportunities as mentioned above. 

Rejected - Park Ranger Suggestion Already Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back