What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

In game voice chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FragstarGames

Brief Summary: Changing from using an ingame voice chat to Teamspeak with proximity plugin

Detailed Suggestion:

So as we all know the voice chat in game is not fantastic and it ruins a fair amount of RP as we constantly have to sit there and ask people to repeat themselfs which for me anyway ruins alot of RP. My suggestion is taking something i have come across in another server which not even GTA based. This server uses Teamspeak with a plugin called salty chat. The plugin is what is used to make the chat proximimty based and you would still be able to code into the server that this is used and even pressing G can change the distance just like it does now. I feel that using an external program would be far better than the current voice chat we have so that we can keep the RP at the highest level possible.

The Pros:

Constant voice with no llag or cutting out

The Cons:

Teamspeak with the plugin is required at all times which some people may find as an inconvinence

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

no

Is that like tokovoip? 

Anything that fixes the voice cutting out is worth a look into in my opinion 

Voice chat deffo needs to be fixed it's annoying af it cuts out constantly 

it wouldnt work
it works best on whitelisted servers

Unfortunately the current view is that time spent improving the ingame VOIP is net better for the server than adding a plugin that would be better without the need for improvement but provides a barrier to entry for new players.

So this suggestion is going to be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back