What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

In response to SI Gazalads RDM Ban

Hugo_

Hi folks,

I am writing this because I have seen the rdm ban on SI Gazalad and would like to put some input into it without getting into trouble.

One of the reasons altislife is so successful is because it is a serious RP. With that being said, I think the RDM ban is fairly simple in its practice and considering this is a serious RP, then this is an oversight  needs to be debated.

For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, SI Gazalad was in a middle of a firefight. Two of his offices had just been killed and a hobo drives up, sees a dead body and proceeds to pick up the weapon. Gaz's give him a warning, the warning is unnoticed so Gaz process to kill him.

One argument given was that Gaz did not give enough time to have the hobo respond.

In a study called " New Developments in Understanding the Behavioural Science Factors in the "Stop Shooting" Response. William J. Lewinski, Ph.D., Force Science Institute and Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN, USA.  It concludes that " The delay in noticing any change in the nature of the threat and having the officer change his or her behavior in response to that threat could take the average officer a second to a second and a half in a dynamic, “real- world,” life-threatening encounter if the officer did not expect that the threat would cease. This process alone could be the reason for an extra three to six rounds being fired by the officer after the threat ceased—particularly if the officer was shooting as quickly as possible, was focused on shooting to save his or her own life, or emotionally recoiling in response to that threat and also simultaneously involved in assessing the threat. "

In another study   Officer-Involved Shooting: Reaction Patterns, Response Protocols, and Psychological Intervention Strategies,  International Journal of Emergency Mental Health, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 239-254  it states "the officer experiences heightened perceptual awareness of those features of the scene that are essential for his survival..... Most common are distortions in time perception. In the majority of these cases, officers recall the shooting event as occurring in slow motion, although a smaller percentage report experiencing the event as speeded up. Sensory distortions are common and most commonly involve tunnel vision, in which the officer is sharply focused on one particular aspect of the visual field, typically, the suspect’s gun or weapon, while blocking out everything in the periphery. Similarly, tunnel hearing may occur, in which the officer’s auditory attention is focused exclusively on a particular set of sounds, most commonly the suspect’s voice, while background sounds are excluded. Sounds may also seem muffled or, in a smaller number of cases, louder than normal. Officers have reported not hearing their own or other officers’ gunshots. In a few cases, officers have reported hearing “the bad guy’s blood drip” (James Sewell, personal communication). Overall perceptual clarity may increase or diminish. Some form of perceptual and/or behavioral dissociation may occur during the critical event "

Based on this scientific research and according to the evidencee shown by Gaz's video. His assessment of the situation in a RP situation is normal. So why is he banned?

He is being heavily criticized because upon reviewing a video, the decision that is derived is coming from an analytical standpoint. The core factors upon the decisions such as environmental stress, situation understanding and neurological and psychological understanding of a police officers reaction under such stress is not taken into consideration.

If this is a truly  serious RP server, then true scientific fact regarding everyday police situations MUST also be considered. 

To tell the police in Altislife that while in a firefight to act in a calm manner - while in real life, the real police would shoot anyone who approached a deadly weapon, picked it up and refused to follow instructions - is flawed.  

In real life, the police would deem the person who picked up a deadly weapon as a serious threat. Considering that moments earlier, two police officers were killed, it would be highly mistaken to think that the remaining officer who is alive would simply give the person picking up a deadly weapon a calm "drop your weapon" and wait some time before action is taken. IMHO That is not serious RP.

So how do we stop this from happening again? In order to consider it serious RP, you have to consider the psychological stresses the officer is under while in a situation. Why not issue a new rule. That rule being that during a firefight, any party that is not involved MUST wait 3 minutes after the last shot before entering the scene. Its the same as the medic rule when they want to revive someone. This way, the surviving officer (in this case Gazalad) will have time to recompose themselves and the scene can be declared safe.

Be interested to hear your thoughts.

Regards

SPC Hugo

@Gazalad @Neo @Axolotl @Crumble

One thing I just don't get it in general is people running towards gunfights to pick up things and complain when they get shot/ shot at.

Edited after Vlads post.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. There is no evidence of this gun fight. 

2. This is a game. All that mumbo jumbo about response to life threatening behaviour simple doesn't work because you don't react the same. If it was the other way around we would see a report against rebel/civ.

3. Bans are not discussed outside of the dispute forums. I would suggest that if there is a discussion to be had you at least wait until it's resolved one way or the other through the dispute as this looks like you are trying to circumvent our processes here. 

4. With the evidence provided all senior admins saw it (except Cardoso) and called RDM on it. Even Gazalads own evidence is weak. 

Hi Vlad,

This isn't a defence for Gaz. Regardless of the outcome of his ban appeal, it is valid because from what I've been told, this is not a game. It is a serious RP simulator and if that is the case, cases like Gaz will continue. If they continue, it puts more pressure on admins. I've got tow examples that happened months ago.

There was a case in point a few months ago when a fire fight happened between two cartels, I got killed and a person outside of the two groups involved walked in the firefight and proceeded to take my gun. My fellow member who was still alive saw this guy take my gun, thought he was in the other cartel that was shooting at him, he shot the guy and the guy reported him for RDM. The apparent RDM was because my colleague should have told the guy who picked up my gun in the middle of a fire fight should have said "Put down the gun or i'll shoot" well that is not something that happens in real life when you have been shot at 20 seconds beforehand.

Another instance was when I was being robbed at the old oil trader. I managed to drive away, the two guys chased after me and shot at my tyres. My teammates happen to be 400 yards away, I radio'd in and they came to my rescue. While my tyres were being shot at, my teammates shot and killed the two guys and they got done for RDM because they didn't say "Stop and shoot". Once again, in real life, if a friend of yours is being shot at, you shot back at the guys doing the initial attack.

All this steams to the research I provided above. 

I seen this type of scenarios happen all the time and it can be avoided. 

Regards

SPC Hugo

Listen I don't want to waste your time writing huge posts. We work on evidence provided. The evidence provided here was sufficient for us to call it RDM as that's what it was for the victim. If I witnessed anyone in game getting killed in this way with very little time to comply, even with the desync lag removed, I would have issued a ban.

*Hands up* ok buddy.....no problem.  I saw a void and was just trying to make the server better. 

I honestly don't think this is going to help Gazalad at all. :/ 
The only thing I can see it create is a problem for Gazalad's unban appeal and drama. 

I'd like to round off my comment by saying that I do give you credit Hugo for trying to help a friend of yours. The idea was nice.

Sometimes the best way to help a friend, is just to talk to them, if you want to help them further, try get as much information as possible and help them get it posted.

This whole thread, could be seen in many different ways;

1. Fuck the admin team and their shit decisions
  2. This isn't fair #Protest
  3. I can't keep my nose out of other people's business
  4. Let's add another wedge between police and rebels
  5. Lets try change the rules to a way that benefits <insert side>
  6. Just a general clarification request
  7. because I'm Salty

I'd say your attempt was option 6... and there's probably many more options that could go into that list....

For now, read his topic, support him, but let's not create a fuss over something that's simple to resolve.

Neo,

My last point in this matter because all 6 options are not valid at all.

This is not about Gaz and I relationship as I don't know him and to say it is going to hurt his appeal case should not be considered.

My intention was to address a void that I've seen three times. 

So lets go with option 7. I believe this server is awesome and I was just trying to make it better.

Back