What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Increase cost of Job Vehicles (Fuel Delivery, Mechanics, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Harris

Developer | Advanced Roleplayer
Dev Team
Staff Team
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos Police Trainer
Los Santos Firefighter
Pre-face

The aim of this suggestion is to help improve the mass of left over vehicles blocking the job locations as well as improving interactions between other players.

Currently the the fuel delivery uses a truck rented for £5k and the mechanic job uses a flatbed that costs £500

With these low costs it is very easy for people if they destroy the vehicle to get a new one and also doesn't matter once they have finished the job by just leaving them parked everywhere blocking the spawn points and just being a general nuisance.

Suggestion

Make the costs of the rentable truck and flatbed in the region of £40k and £20k respectively with the following conditions:

• If the player returns (stores the vehicle)  back into the job location then they receive 80% of the initial renal back
  • If the vehicle is returned but is heavily damaged they receive 50% back 

Pros

• More player interactions with people calling for a mechanic or other services to help them fix their truck instead of just getting a new one.
  • Should prevent situations like these occurring 
    57a4da8a0c856a65cc5fcf9d670fcd40.jpg

• Improve QOL around these areas.

Cons

• Higher upfront starting cost for the job

The numbers are currently arbitrary and subject to change dependant on people thoughts and ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only issue is how long it takes to then even break even if youre unlucky on fuel with them prices
However there needs to be a incentive these trucks are like a shopping trolley
return-shopping-cart-theory-ultimate-litmus-test-1-3-5ec513a51f465__700.jpg

we all know what people here will do i feel bad for the trolley people

Needs to happen, was about to write up a similar post myself. Totally agree with trucks costing more money & the getting money back for storing it will give people some sort of incentive to keep the place clean. 

the only issue is how long it takes to then even break even if youre unlucky on fuel with them prices
If you return the truck back then you get 80% back.

So truck costs 40k upfront

Make as many fuel delivery runs as you like (woop I've made 100k)

Return the truck and get 32k back

Thus the cost of the truck for all the delivery's was 8k netting you a profit of £92k

However there needs to be a incentive these trucks are like a shopping trolley

we all know what people here will do i feel bad for the trolley people
I mean if you get 80% back it would only be 2/3 runs max,

My concern really is new players as far as I'm aware you only get 10k to start? That's most of the license prices never mind anything on top of that with rental costs.

We also need to factor in when things get out of hand.
If the truck explodes due to external factors (e.g. things spawning on top, or other idiots blowing up by driving into the petrol station), the renter will be out of money up front.
That happens way too often, and not a good idea to have tons of people filling in comp request.

There's definitely something that needs to be done about the trucks and such, but in my opinion this wouldn't be the way to deal with it.

In my eyes, it should be more like the following:

- There should be a clearer place as to where you're supposed to store the vehicle similar to the old Police/NHS system of the large circle in the garages that would delete rented vehicles, this should also give the money that you paid back (Or a percentage of it as you have said)

- The trucks should be treated as local vehicles (if they're not already), i.e have the ability to despawn when players are not near them unlike player owned vehicles.

Increasing the prices of the vehicles massively like this means that there is no real advantage to rent as opposed to just buying the vehicle, and makes it practically impossible for the new players who start with something like 6k in total to do any of the jobs and to earn their first bit of money.

With the current starting amount, this would make it near impossible for new players to access these semi decent paying jobs… which are already relatively hefty with your 6k starting amount

This could bring more roleplay towards members of the council giving out grants that are to be payed back for people to buy trucks, i think people replying to this topic are only thinking about the money, the issues the delivery hub causes by being so congested is what is wrong and what we're trying to solve.

Truck Drivers/Fuel Delivery drivers should have to go through some sort of vetting and whatnot by a higher power to get that job not just turn up rent a truck for 5k and leave it wherever they want because 1 job allows them to buy 4 more trucks. 

I spent an hour and a half the other day with a tow truck and a phantom trying to keep the place tidy.

Yes the trucks are an issue but so are all of the cars that people dump around. I feel most people don't realise that there is public parking at the delivery hub. Which you can use to delete/remove the rented trucks and local cars that get abandoned.

The amount of times cars are left blocking the trailer spawn points can be infuriating - combined with people spawning and deleting trailers to get a more favourable run.

I'm not opposed to an increase in initial rental cost, however I feel that 40K is too much. The addition of some sort of cooldown / time between two different jobs could help massively by reducing the trailer spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the marker for parking/removing vehicles be moved to a better location so away from the chaos (mainly the idea for driver's personal vehicles). 

Perhaps a 2nd one that doesn't store vehicles, only removes them is the 2nd option that fits better nearer the rest of the zones - perhaps with a small financial incentive to do it (even if you just get 500 back).

For me the layout of the location doesn't lend itself for effecient movement. Everything comes in from the same side which I know can't be helped. But trucks and trailers spawn in the same place and this just happens to be in the corner right next to the buy truck/start delivery position where most of the 'traffic' seems to end up.

@George Harris I’ve made a topic suggestion for this but how about a traffic warden and/or parking tickets (fixed penalty notices) which impose fines just like the speed cameras, paid at police stations.  The vehicles are turned into jobs for the mechanic and are impounded, at a cost of £5k per vehicle - for hirers and owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back