What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Increase the down time of cell towers

Timo Langston

To begin I understand that this suggestion might not be received very well as even I love a good Tweedle binge, but I hope after some explanation you might understand where I'm coming from. Currently to my knowledge there are about 10ish cell towers on the island that can be hacked with LC69 software. Doing this hack will disable them rendering phones all but useless as a means of communication within that towers range. After a little bit of testing I have done this only seems to take them out for roughly 10 mins during which time they can be repaired by anyone who has the equipment to do so. Another factor to consider is that the Police also get alerted to the tower once it is disabled meaning once a tower is down it could be up again in no less than 4-5 mins. This in my opinion is very unfulfilling when you consider 2 things. One being that all it takes is a knife and a simple skill check to disable a speed camera that will then be disabled until repaired. Two the time and risk taken to obtain a LC69 software. For someone that is really into the "hacking" side of the server I would personally like there to be more of an impact when these hacks are pulled off. 

Now that I've explained that I will move onto what my suggestion actually is. Its a simple one really all I suggest is once a successful LC69 hack has been done to a cell tower that tower is either down for a longer period of time my initial thought is 1 hour. Or the tower is disabled until repaired just like the speed cameras are.  

Pros:
More impact from hacking RP
More directions to take "hostile" RP (one example is messing with a group by taking their cell service away)
More for Police to do/more use for NPAS
More interesting "heist" strats

Cons:
Gives Police an additional responsibility
Could be used as a trolling weapon
More disruptions to cell service 😉

+1 because why not, as long as those towers are repairable 

id even go as far and say make it like speeding cam that if they arent repaired they should stay down and not go back up automaticly. Additional allow G6 to repair those terminals they could contracted by the providers. 

for how much it takes to get 1 LC69 now and for the LC to work for only a short time on the tower I feel due to the complexity of getting one recently increasing the reward for taking a cell tower down should he higher 

currently anyone can repair them also(I feel this a good thing that shouldn't change), but I think once they are down they should be down until fixed,  its highly unlikely a baldie is going to find out how to take one out and cause havoc but if it dose happen I feel staff should fix them after 30min if there is not much roleplay justification for it to be down, if someone wants to make sure staff are aware not to fix them all they should do is open a quick ticket and give justification 

+1

Back