What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Increase time for picking up police props/barriers for civs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfredW

Wiki Editor
Brief Summary:

Prevent civillians from interacting with (mainly picking up) police props, including traffic cones, stop signs, crowd control- and concrete barriers

or

Increase the time it takes to pick these up to 60 seconds. (edit: seems this is the preferred option based on comments)

Detailed Suggestion, Pros and Cons:

The purpose of these props, especially the stop signs, crowd control- and concrete barriers is utterly defeated when anyone can swiftly run up and grab it with two button presses. They can not be left unattended for 10 seconds at the moment.

It's obviously nothing more than a minor annoyance from a police POV but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that a cordon made up off metal fences and concrete barriers can be dismantled in 15 seconds by someone running along it.

These props exist to enhance scenarios, but become more of a catalyst for borderline trolling with the current system where police spend more time chasing down those who picked the props up than roleplaying the scenario at hand. The unfortunate result is that they are used less.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No, not a major change.

Last edited by a moderator:
+ 1 ruins RP when people run over pickup concrete barriers and run away.

+1
becomes a bit tedious when civs pick up barriers in a cordon

I agree with things like traffic barriers, but being able to nick gazebos / signs could still be fun

Oh, also:

trash-opinion.gif

-1 frome me yes u agree it shit when people just run up at steal them whiles your standing next to it but people should be able to take them from places that have been cordent off once the police either have forgotten to take some items with the or have fully abandoned it all to gather 

-1 , dont want it to be completely disabled from being pickable by civs because thats dumb, but I do agree it could take longer or something like that after Police forget about it in cordens they are fair game

I think this should come under common sense or trolling rules to be honest. If something is there to enhance RP and you're just ruining a scenario and not giving any benefit then you shouldn't be here.

I think this should come under common sense or trolling rules to be honest. If something is there to enhance RP and you're just ruining a scenario and not giving any benefit then you shouldn't be here.
That is true, but unfortunately the staff team can not be everywhere all the time, so measures to minimize this kind of behavior are helpful, similarly to how we force whisper in hospital or PD.

Based on the comments here I think that simply making it take longer to pick these props up (30-60 sec) would solve the problem whilst still giving civilians the opportunity to steal them - win-win.

+1 Increasing the time taken to pick it up will make it more balanced while at the same time stop hobos running off with road closed signs.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back