What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ingame Name Duplicates

Dogs

Ok so just a quick question on ingame names, I have been a member of this forum since 29th march, and since then there has been a few others come in with very similar names.
Now I know people can call there selves what they like but I just don't want to get banned etc in confusion with someone else. is there anything we can do to stop this happening?

Ingame name : Dogs

Much love xoxox

Yeah, change name :) and try to crate something unique instead of "Dogs" ;P It's not like people will not try to have a similiar name matey, been alot of "Dogs" around. 

The only duplicate of my name was on TS god dam you commando confusing the shit out of me

I've noticed some players will change their name to another person and will cause hell. I encountered a player called George, driving an ifrit, VDMing and RDMing. It wouldn't be the George we now, he's too kind to do something like that. My concern is, if the good George would get banned. No one's reported it anyway.

I've noticed some players will change their name to another person and will cause hell. I encountered a player called George, driving an ifrit, VDMing and RDMing. It wouldn't be the George we now, he's too kind to do something like that. My concern is, if the good George would get banned. No one's reported it anyway.
I had a similar issue with the name Reverend. He had been quite naughty and people thought it was me. 

I know it ain't hard to simply change names  / Create a new ARMA profile but there is no way of stopping people doing this and besmirching a players good name as far as I can tell. It is kind of annoying. 

It brings a whole new angle to "My brother / friend was playing my game" when someone can just change their name to another player's and wreak carnage on the server. 

But there is a lot of "Dogs" related names. 

If you got banned because someone used your name, you can come appeal and we will be able to see all the aliases from players, therefor find the real one.

Just don't rage and talk to us :)

Haha, I've been pretty lucky before. Only been banned because someone made a thread about VDMing and used a video of someone VDMing me! Explained it to the Admins and they got it resolved within 5 mins. They're very fair and understanding tbh, I was expecting a "yeah.. sure it wasn't you..." Response tbh.

I have all the faith in the world for admin as I know there non stop on hear and in game. ;)

I totally get the appeal process and everyone should be respectful with that thread... But it is a pain in the bottom that another player can use a taken name. I know IRL people have the same names but there is no process to stop the duplication happening. 

All that said, if the admin are on top of the situation there is little else that anyone can do.  Just hope that no one is naughty when using your name. :)

Back