What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Initiating tires problem

Greater007

Hello everybody

Couple days what i have problem that police are shooting reckless tires. Shots are not made 100% to tires. I have been alot of time this situation where me or my firends are driving away and we are receiving shots by police(initiation tires, not lives) some shots are hitting players inside cars. I have died because of that, police was next to a car and first bullet hits my head, he was next to a car. If this things on future will not change, me and my friends will turn car around take them police out who shooted us. I understand if someone is driving away with Ifrit or truck and some shots are hitting car(not tires).

Hatchbacks, SUVs and offroads are not bulletproofs.

These things are happening alot. Last time this thing happend, we were thinking to turn car around and kill those police mans who shooted us(Player got hit by police fire). As our point we are  driving away as a getaway, there was no threats our lives, and still people dying in car because of that.

These situations are not anymore accident, these things are happening alot in server.

Dont be aggressive on situations!!

Dear @Greater007,

Police Officers will not shoot at the tyres of your vehicle for no reason, by failing to stop for the police you are the one putting yourself in the position where there is a likelihood that your vehicle's tyres may be attempted to be shot.

It is hard to judge whether an officer made the correct decision to shoot a vehicle's tyres without being involved in the situation as there are so many different factors to be considered, officers usually have to take all of these factors into account within two to three seconds of you beginning to drive away in the vehicle.

Police Officers may only shoot your vehicle's tyres after they have been pursuing your for three minutes, this is to ensure that you have had chance to stop and that they have made all the necessary checks to do so. However, there are a few exceptions to this:

• If your vehicle police vehicle is stolen and there is no other way to pursue it.
  • If the vehicle is an MRAP (Ifrit, Hunter, Strider etc) or .50 cal Offroad.
  • If the vehicle poses an immediate threat to life (VDM’er/RDM’er)
  • If you have witnessed the driver or passenger carrying an illegal weapon and is fleeing from a crime.
  • If you truly believe pursuing them would further the risk to life.
  • When authorised by a Superintendent or above.
If you believe that Police Officers are incorrectly performing their duties, then you may report them to the Police Complains Commission who deal with each issue on a case by case basis. I encourage this as opposed to you attempting to shoot back at the officers, as that resolves nothing and will not help the Police to improve as a whole.

P.S. Police Officers are required to initiate on the vehicle which you are driving before they shoot the tyres, otherwise this would be considered RDM.

Kind Regards,
Superintendent Joseph Tadworth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked with them, all situation have been called ACCIDENTS. I understand its not purpose to shoot lives but still these things are happening. I cant make report of people if they are trying not to broke a rule but still it comes to that point. They are trying to make good shots on tires but ending up killing people inside car. As my point its wrong by me to report player even so he tried not shoot people.

Thats why i am writing here, not to report players, just commons sense improve by shootings. Be 100% that people lives ur not be danger if you guys are shooting tires.

I understand if there is initiation on lives, there is big possibility i end up dead.

It does not mean still your allowd kill people after 3 min chase , only tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked with them, all situation have been called ACCIDENTS. I understand its not purpose to shoot lives but still these things are happening.
That is indeed the definition of an accident... they almost certainly ARE accidents, it's not like the police gain anything by killing you in a pursuit as they lose the chance to roleplay with you (unless a defib is to hand).

I understand if there is initiation on lives, there is big possibility i end up dead.
In that circumstance it is fair enough you end up dead, no?

It does not mean still your allowd kill people after 3 min chase , only tires.
'tis a thing officers SHOULD know and if any officer is reading this, this guy is RIGHT. The second the guy gets out with a rifle or pistol and shoots at you/colleagues, rubber/kill him. He no longer wants to roleplay and has fore fitted that opportunity as he's too much of a threat to life.

Be 100% that people lives ur not be danger if you guys are shooting tires.
It is impossible to be 100% sure that a ricochet or a poorly aimed bullet won't hit the driver/passenger/s. All they should and can  do is aim ACCURATELY.

Thing is,everyone should have loaded rubbers unless lethals had been authorized,but if you accidentaly give him headshot with rubber,he is insta dead. I would say that´s the issue. 

IMO it is reckless to shoot the tires of any vehicle moving above 50kph further than 40m away. At this range and speed most people cannot say they are accurately firing. Most know this and chose to keep firing anyway. People who do this are making the decision to fire in a way that they know will put the lives of those inside at risk and as such should be entirely responsible if they "accidentally" kill someone inside. Very few people are good enough to make those shots safely.

This goes for everyone on the server, not just the police.

Ill just say it. Spikestrips need's to be used more from the cop side. i also kinda agree with greater, has shooting tires should really be last resort, meaning. you really truly have to beliv its the only safe thing too do, that for me dose not mean a person who decide to run from a normal trafic stop. and if you say its because hes going off road. then thank god. at least hes trying to go off road too not cause acidents, so there shots should definitivly not be used. if you ask me

IMO it is reckless to shoot the tires of any vehicle moving above 50kph further than 40m away. At this range and speed most people cannot say they are accurately firing. Most know this and chose to keep firing anyway. People who do this are making the decision to fire in a way that they know will put the lives of those inside at risk and as such should be entirely responsible if they "accidentally" kill someone inside. Very few people are good enough to make those shots safely.

This goes for everyone on the server, not just the police.
1+

Btw is there an exception to the 3min rule because sometimes they shoot immediately the tires?

Btw is there an exception to the 3min rule because sometimes they shoot immediately the tires?
Yes there is, They may initiate and open fire if they see you with an illegal fire arm. or they believe letting you go would pose a threat to the people of the island.
They may also initiate and try to stop you if they do not have a vehicle or any units to come after you.

With opening fire i do mean on tires

Yes there is, They may initiate and open fire if they see you with an illegal fire arm. or they believe letting you go would pose a threat to the people of the island.
They may also initiate and try to stop you if they do not have a vehicle or any units to come after you.

With opening fire i do mean on tires
Okay thx buddy

I mean i stopped shooting tires i go for the engine as is less likley to kill some one when shooting tires not every one has a accurate aim people will still shoot tires at 5 fps and pry they dont get you but as tadworth and samat said its 2 sided i mean it has got to the point where everything gets complained about just make the pcc and they will be dealt with accordingly and any fail rp issues or anything else dont go posting for everyone to jump on the band wagon just be adults resolve it with them if you are unsatifeid then move to pcc or a report depending on sverity this complaining always stirs more shit 

Police Officers may only shoot your vehicle's tyres after they have been pursuing your for three minutes, this is to ensure that you have had chance to stop and that they have made all the necessary checks to do so. However, there are a few exceptions to this:

• If your vehicle police vehicle is stolen and there is no other way to pursue it.
  • If the vehicle is an MRAP (Ifrit, Hunter, Strider etc) or .50 cal Offroad.
  • If the vehicle poses an immediate threat to life (VDM’er/RDM’er)
  • If you have witnessed the driver or passenger carrying an illegal weapon and is fleeing from a crime.
  • If you truly believe pursuing them would further the risk to life.
  • When authorised by a Superintendent or above.

Back