What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Initiation rules need to be written down

The rules of initiation are flawed in that they are not written down in a official capacity at all, the only thing in the rules that even mentions combat is 6.1.3. This urgently needs to be rectified, as this puts new players and sometimes even old and returning players in a situation where the lack of clarification on the rules means one side is unintentionally breaking the rules.

A personal example of this is thus: i was told to put my hands up or i will be knocked out, when i retaliated by shooting the players they demanded i come to liaison stating that when someone threatens to knock you out you cannot shoot them but only retaliate by knocking them out. i ended up compensating them for their lost equipment because of this; this situation has happened to me and others where a rule has been broken but we don't know it. The most atrocious part about this is that this whole knock them out stuff i just told you could be BS, you yourself might know that it is or isn't, but from the perspective of a player less educated in such matters how are they (or in this situation I) to know? The only solution they have is to compensate rather than get reported and potentially banned.

Put yourself in the perspective of two players who has just joined the server, you have both read the rules, done a few runs and go to rebel outpost and buy guns to defend yourself. Then on your next run your friend gets mugged but the mugger didn't notice you, so you immediately start blasting and kill the assailant, after all you are just defending your friend aren't you? That's perfectly justifiable. However since you yourself didn't get initiated in by your friend when he got mugged this means that you are in the wrong.

Lets put this into another situation, where you friend did initiate you into the fight and once more you win, the mugger can still say, for example, that because you shot him after the original person he intiated on had been killed that you was still in the wrong. You aren't in the wrong, but you don't know that do you? because the rules are not written down anywhere.

This creates a situation where new players are not only in a worse situation than veterans in terms of money, equipment etc. But also in a situation where the rules themselves are putting you in a worse situation as even if you fully comply with them your lack of knowledge and general newness means you can still be tricked into thinking you have broken the rules. It is therefore my opinion that if the rules regarding initiation were documented at least in a basic capacity, preferably in a more full capacity with example initiations it would put newer players in a position where they don't have to worry about breaking the rules as much, every time they enter a gunfight. After all, if you was stuffed over every time you enter a gunfight because you broke some tiny rule that isn't written down but is "common knowledge" to more veteran players or potentially stuffed over because someone lied about the rules, would you want to stay on that server? Therefore if initiation rules were properly written and updated with rulings as they are made it could increase the new player retention on the server as well as making combat much clearer and safer for newer and potentially even more veteran players. 

Same thing extends to the "friends and allies" ruling, although i think the ruling itself is fine... it isn't written down, so if as a new player you read all the rules, you can still fall victim to not knowing about friends and allies as you didn't read that particular forum post

Like Gray said this belongs in the Rules section. Moved 🙂

Roleplay on Altis is really scripted. There lacks creativity. Honestly at this point, writing the rules down wouldn't hurt.

The post is slightly old now and the rule was 7.1.3 but is now listed as A6.1.3 but this may help to clarify in the present while your suggestion is in. 

Back