What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Irish ID (remove the Queen from my ID)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyJeans

Brief Summary:

Simply, provide an Irish ID option.

Detailed Suggestion:

Allow us to change our ID at City hall.

The Pros:

I have already designed it for you

myQZO2U.png

The Cons:

No cons

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle, 

I did +1 because I like the idea, but in a post Brexit world wouldn't you now need an British ID? Would it cause drama if we did a Brexit style vote? 

Also assume it would be just a select your country choice where any and every flag can be added to it?

Teddy Wrinkle that's me. 

Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle, 

I did +1 because I like the idea, but in a post Brexit world wouldn't you now need an British ID? Would it cause drama if we did a Brexit style vote? 

Also assume it would be just a select your country choice where any and every flag can be added to it?

Teddy Wrinkle that's me. 
Not if you are Northern Irish, as you are entitled to Dual-Citizenship.

Also, if you are Irish, you don't need a British ID when in the UK. Your Irish ID is still a valid form of ID for pretty much anything.

@VinnyJeansI never knew that, prob not the place to ask this but does that work both ways i.e. if you are Irish can you have dual Dual-Citizenship for Britain or not? if not seems a bit unfair really. Also would you only need an NI address to have this? seems like a logistical nightmare to me.  

point taken re ID, ID is ID after all. 

@Teddy Winkle The dual citizenship is only Northern Ireland, as it's part of the UK.  Republic of Ireland is not in the UK, so they don't get dual citizenship.

@VinnyJeansthanks, I think I misunderstood the dual part, you mean NI are British which I know, but wouldn't be entitled to a ROI citizenship just because they live in NI. 

I guess the point I didn’t realise is that people from NI regard themselves as a dual NI and British citizen, which when I think about it is fair enough. 

I like to say I find the Irish people amazing and really good personalities.  But what I would say is that you joined a UK based server community - I don't think the management/devs will be able to cater for every single ethnicity/background.

IMO UK based server comes with the queen unfortunately.  Just like if I joined an Irish server I would get whoever your chief is (I don't  need to know who it is to Google it), a US based server I would get the president.

Swings and roundabouts.

@eTron The UK consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Northern Irish people have dual-nationality for the UK & Ireland, making them have both ID's.

It would improve the quality of RP if the Irish ID's were added.

I can see where you are coming from when you mention the US, but you haven't taken the countries within the UK into consideration here. 

Furthermore, I hope that my ID can be used as a quicker way to add this feature. I believe there wouldn't be too much work required to add the ability to buy an Irish ID at City Hall or something. Happy to provide photoshop files to @Paintto expedite this

@VinnyJeansI'm really not trying to come across like an arse here but there are dual nationalities within England, Scotland and Wales (dual nationals from all over the world).  Whether we agree or disagree the Queen does come as part of the package for UK & NI, as does Boris Johnson....you're welcome 🙂

I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate and I hope you get your wish, I'm just trying to explain that there's more to cater for than those with Irish descent.

It would be great to personalise the IDs for everyone, not just the Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back