What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Is this allowed?

R y

So I've got a few questions. 

1. Can you spam X when you're being shot at, or is it considered Fail RP/Exploiting?

2. Is going from drivers seat to passenger seat to hop out of a vehicle on a specific side allowed or again is it fail RP/Exploiting?

Okay,

1.  I would assume it goes along roughly the same lines as DPI glitching.

2. I wouldn't have thought so as in a real car you can hop across the seats to get out the other side?

Don't quote me on that but I'm sure 1 is exploiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,

1.  I would assume it goes along roughly the same lines as DPI glitching.

2. I wouldn't have thought so as in a real car you can hop across the seats to get out the other side?

Don't quote me on that but I'm sure 1 is exploiting.
exactly my thoughts, but sometimes you do it accidentally without even noticing you're going ham on the X key 

1. Expand further, maybe even provide a video.

2. No, unless you’re going to ram into someone, which is bannable anyway..

exactly my thoughts, but sometimes you do it accidentally without even noticing you're going ham on the X key 
I don't usually have that issue, but then again I'm hardly ever being shot at! 😂

Well as long as hitting the crouch key at a reasonable rate (as in crouching at a speed you could achieve in real life) then there shouldn’t be an issue. 

Just think of it as real life.

1. I would say yes as when you are shooting you wouldn't crouch then standup the crouch ext. to avoid bullets. 

2. You can crawl over to the other seat in a car in real life so I wouldn't see why it would be an exploit.

if you're unsure just think can I do this in real life. But follow the server rules aswell xD don't ram into someone when the shoot at you cos you would in real life xD not the best advice now thinking of it

I believe spamming X sort of messes up your hit box on arma so i would say it's a no go.

As for changing seats in a car, i don't personally see an issue as you can climb over the seats anyway IRL :)

I believe spamming X sort of messes up your hit box on arma so i would say it's a no go.

As for changing seats in a car, i don't personally see an issue as you can climb over the seats anyway IRL :)
Thanks for clearing it up for me, I'll try avoid it at best but sometimes it just happens... 

Actually I need to correct this missconseption of spamming X! 

Here is a really good explanation how arma hitreg works: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Making this movement has nothing to do with the actual hitboxes or avoiding the hitreg as the hitboxes are moving in your computer making the user spamming x m8by lag abit more, but if you try it it wont be anything bad.

Thing with the X spamming however is that in arma the hitboxes have their own HP but the player has also a "general HP" or whatever you want it to be called (you see this in your bottom right ingame). Shooting someone to his arm reduces the HP in the hitbox of arm, but also takes some amount of his "general HP". Either arm's HP or the "general HP" hits 0 and the player dies. Pressing X simply makes you change stances thus if the player is shooting in your center mass you might get some hits on your arms making you tank more bullets instead of taking all of these bullets into your chest. IE, you shoot someone to chest with MX 2-3 times he dies. Shooting someone in chest 1 time and then spreading other hits to hands and you can still survive. Simply put the idea behind spamming X is just to spread the DMG all across your body, instead of one spot making you essentially have more HP. Thing is that by doing so enables easy headshots and given if you dont have helmet and the enemys weapon caliber is high enough it might lead you getting your head blown off. 

Like with any there are pros and cons with this tactic. It does not work all the time and obviously if you are against 7.62, just dont do it, you will die. However it is relatively effective against lower calibers in CQC, even more so if you have a helmet to protect your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back