What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Is this VDM?

Alex Q

So is brake checking, swirving infront of cars/Stopping in front of people to make them stop and driving recklessly to scare people of from following you VDM? like can i recklessly chase someone or make them stop by making it that if they dont they will crash into me? 

thanks in advance

If you are making it so your car is a weapon/ a direct danger to someone on purpose while driving I would say that is VDM.

I always thought that because of the desync with vehicles that by pulling in front of and immediately stopping can be seen as VDM. You can't guarantee that they will be able to stop in time. 

If you have pulled in front of them and it has injured or killed them, or has destroyed their vehicle it would be VDM in my mind. The exception being for MRAPs.

I'm happy for a staff member to correct me on this

Trust me on this, @Stavik has personally educated me on the matter lol

VDM is when you intentionally use a vehicle as a weapon. If you intentionally break, knowing it can cause an accident, I would say that is VDM.

(2.1) Vehicle Deathmatch (also known as VDM) - Using any vehicle as a weapon (e.g running people over, causing explosions including while sling loading, ramming, etc), will result in you receiving a ban. Three vehicles are excluded from this, MRAPS (Ifrits, Hunters and Striders) can ram other MRAPS in order to disable them, yet not to kill the passengers. This is allowed as these vehicles are the only vehicles ingame that can withstand being rammed. Please note that you need to initiate roleplay before attempting to ram an MRAP. (Please note - MRAPS don't need to be initiated on in the redzone) This is to prevent random ramming on site. (Three minutes of chasing also constitutes initiation of MRAP and MRAP ramming).

I'd say it depends if the they are swerving in front of you to make you stop to rob you or something then no but its a risky move to do that, however if they are ramming you trying to force you off the road did say that would count as VDM, as they are using the car as a weapon. In general when you see people driving wreck less its usually just because they are a bad driver, or your in Kavala 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Back