What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Job Application Process

Hepps

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Currently there is no way to tell if your job application has been received or even looked at - in r/l you get an automated response then are either invited to interview by choosing a suitable time/date or by organising verbally.  Whilst the external websites do a great job I don’t think they’re fit for purpose or support a seamless process.

Detailed Suggestion:

Use a similar process/set up to how we report a bug or issue to devs using the ‘tickets’ for each job function (eg Police have their own, NHS etc etc)

The Pros:

Applicants will know that they’re application has been received instead of guessing.

Recruiters will probably get less hassle from applicants asking if their application has been received.

The Cons:

It might confuse the current ticketing system and may need a bit of work to make sure they’re all working independently - you might not be able to separate a few different ticketing systems in the same discord server.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I don’t think so.

1 I don't think this is GTA specific more Fourm specific 

2 I don't think you should be told on discord it means more we hook's and more channels. when there is lots already

personally you should just get a message saying sucsefully made. Possibly a message that application reviewers can send saying application received however LS police and Poseidon and I believe LS NHS will struggle as they have like 3 people max look at applications

Just a thought mate, if we can find a better solution/process it will be a less painful exercise for all involved.

When you submit your application the forums does tell you that your application has been sent. If it has been sent then it will be in the location that we look at all applications.
021e9bbc45b1ca5cfa8f75bdd41eed2b.png

If it doesn't get sent then an error will pop up saying something like 'You don't have permission to view this page' so it wont go through (This only happens if you are not logged into the forums.)

Last edited by a moderator:
it's pretty simple to know if you've sent it or not, as it will say you don't have permission to view this page and so on

I think it's just to give people the confidence it is with someone, or waiting to be read.  I click on apply and it takes me back to complete the form again.

I've just put a police application in. The page displyed as per George Harris' screenshot.

That page seems to display when the application is succefully saved in the database, otherwise the software would handle any issues and should show an error (or at least not show that final page). Am I missing something?

Maybe I flicked past that confirmation page too quick and to be fair I didn't ask if I could refer back to it to see what date/time I put the app in.  By the responses it seems a bad idea, just thought it would provide a bit more transparency to applicants.  🤓

Back