What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Jobs / Activities

Mark

Staff Team
Staff Team
Hello,

So I have noticed a lot of repetitive activities happening within city, whether it's robbing police or gang wars happening over one stupid thing, it's all caused from either lack of stuff to do or just boredom in general.

I wanted to suggest some RP Jobs / Activities that can either reward people with money or items that they can show off.

I'll start off with a job I personally really did love and it got me distracted and helped me meet people in city or created situations where you can help people out in city and that is:

1. Fuel Trucking - (The Fuel Drought)

Now I wanted to touch on this as I know there is a new company under the name "Greene Trucking" which I absolutely love, I love the work they do for people around the city, they do all sorts however I think fuel trucking should be a proper job again, the fuel drought shouldn't of lasted this long scenario wise in my opinion.

I generally think even though driving isn't RP it can give Police more to do as well with traffic stops for example: A truck going over the speed limit or a truck dangerously driving, I think this could add more Police RP into the city again, also at the fuel station loads of newer players in the server would go there and ask questions like "what do I do for this?" "where do I get this?" it was basically a place anyone could go to for help for general things, also you can meet people there to do business with, instead of going on Tweedle and being ignored or finding people at gang turfs.

For the fuel side of things I think maybe instead of delivering to fuel stations maybe deliver them somewhere else maybe the Airport, Docks, etc as no one really owns them as businesses and it creates NPC jobs for newer players other than just Taxi, Mechanics and Mining/Smelting

2. Mining / Smelted Ores

I would like to refer to the jewellery store that used to buy Diamonds I cannot remember how much they sold for but I know it was some money to earn for maxing out your mining level each time.

I think there should be a NPC shop people can go to, to sell either raw ores or smelted ingots, we used to have Mr. White but after the whole scenario with the server it's clear his warehouse is not going to return, I really do feel like Mining/Smelting is primarily for gangs nowadays not for anything else.

I really do feel like prices should fluctuate depending how much is sold in that shop so for instance (this is imaginary sake) Someone sells 1000 Coal and gets let's say... £64k (Again just a random number) That price will then go down and the more rarer turn ins of a certain type of material goes up more to a max selling number (So no exploiting the system) I feel like this would be such a great addition as a job for people to mine or smelt, because gangs genuinely have so much materials that they don't need more.

3. Whitelisted Mechanics - (No this doesn't mean remove the mechanic job for everyone)

There have been a lot of times where cars/bikes and trucks are left on the road and Police have not gotten to them yet or are too busy keeping the city clean from crooks, I feel like there should be a whitelisted mechanic job to where people with it they can mark down stuff for impound or help return their car to their owner.

This has been on my mind for quite sometime and I have mixed feelings about this but this could add a whole new job system to the server, just need a boss, some higher ups below boss just encase he/she is not about, also with a re-haul of the impound area that would be amazing, with an office where you can talk about signing up or promotions, the possibilities with this idea is endless.

4. Illegal Night Jobs (Time Specific In-game)

It's late at night and you're feeling like you want to rob/transport illegal items, well you can do that by going to a location where you can talk to a mysterious man/woman who hooks you up with a job of either robbing a (NPC) house or transport with a truck illegal substances to another location in the city.

Let me dive into these ideas,

- Robbing Houses (NPC)
This could be a small pay-out or a big one depending on the house you are robbing or get assigned to rob by the man/woman, you need a range of tools to get into houses depending whether it's an advanced lockpick or a drill to get into safes you need to take the risk on what you are aiming for.

When robbing houses there are cameras and security systems maybe the USB could become more useful than just LifeInvader, when caught by security systems or cameras police are notified instantly of whereabouts you are near that house and where you were caught.

I feel like this should only happen at night and requires a lot of skill, not just a walk in get out situation, I think this could add a lot of roleplay, maybe when Police arrive say "If you came anywhere near the house he/she will be shot" of course it'll be a local but it'll add RP so people don't have to grab actual people off the street and bring them in with them.

- Transporting Illegal Substances (NPC or Gang deliveries)
Now I wont get into who distributes illegal stuff in the server because a lot of people do take OOC information into city...

But I do feel like this could be a way to give criminals more to do than just rob police for fun, just like Gus runs this could give criminals some extra money or some contraband like (Lockpicks, Armour, Weed/Cocaine (Smaller Amounts to balance) and maybe some weapon attachments if we are feeling generous here.

This to be only done at night with a truck either a Benson or Mule because they have obviously back storages unlike Phantoms etc

If you are to be caught by Police that will give you a big sentence for trafficking whatever you're trafficking or if a gang sees you transporting it and wants it you're going to have to plan this out very smartly and you have until sunrise to deliver that package otherwise the mission gets called off and police get a notification of a suspicious truck (or maybe not I don't know just adding twists and possibilities)

Now onto the gang side of things, as a gang you might want to order some things like drugs or other illegal contraband this could work the same way only that when it is delivered it goes into a safe of your choice, this to be only done by gangs and organised by the gang members.

This will also keep police on their toes looking out for suspicious looking trucks or motorway patrols.

Please keep in mind these are just some ideas if you like one and don't like the others just quote which ones you like and dislike, but if you like one please help by upvoting the suggestion and quoting the one you'd love to see and if you want some other things added in similar leave them down below and talk about it!

I want to add more but it'd be more longer than a big changelog so I wanted to keep a few ideas in here

Pros:
More to do
Increases RP
More Realism
Content to show-off

Cons:
Development Work
Poor RP (Can ruin it)
Bugs can be created

And also thank you for reading!

Compelling ideas; what i am more interested in seeing is a useful and lucrative function to the jewellery shop. (Selling Gold/Silver bars, etc for cash). 

Compelling ideas; what i am more interested in seeing is a useful and lucrative function to the jewellery shop. (Selling Gold/Silver bars, etc for cash). 
I personally love the idea of bringing back the jewellery store and selling gold/silver bars and diamonds again but it would be nice for other materials as well!

3. Whitelisted Mechanics - (No this doesn't mean remove the mechanic job for everyone)

There have been a lot of times where cars/bikes and trucks are left on the road and Police have not gotten to them yet or are too busy keeping the city clean from crooks, I feel like there should be a whitelisted mechanic job to where people with it they can mark down stuff for impound or help return their car to their owner.

This has been on my mind for quite sometime and I have mixed feelings about this but this could add a whole new job system to the server, just need a boss, some higher ups below boss just encase he/she is not about, also with a re-haul of the impound area that would be amazing, with an office where you can talk about signing up or promotions, the possibilities with this idea is endless.
I like most of the points and think they would be great additions to the server, as for this point i would say maybe make it so the actual people that are employed in mechanic shops that exist like TireNutz and AutoExotic be able to transport any cars in the flatbeds or make them able to impound cars that have been abandoned/not used for a certain amount of time like 10 mins or something but to impound them they need to bring them back to the respective mechanic shop.

Obviously i would prefer that there was some more utility to these mechanic shops like upgrades that are iconic for each shop but I honestly think that will be complicated to implement so thats why this might be an alternative to just the Repair, Wash and Fuel it will end up giving these mechanic shops more things to do in case there isn't people coming to the shop and also allow them to bring broken down vehicles to the shop so they can fix.

+1 I agree with the night jobs, i know it has worked well on other servers and it also creates police interactions e.g. Arrivings at a house while it's being broken into. The other ideas are also good and will be useful in the city I believe. 

I like most of the points and think they would be great additions to the server, as for this point i would say maybe make it so the actual people that are employed in mechanic shops that exist like TireNutz and AutoExotic be able to transport any cars in the flatbeds or make them able to impound cars that have been abandoned/not used for a certain amount of time like 10 mins or something but to impound them they need to bring them back to the respective mechanic shop.

Obviously i would prefer that there was some more utility to these mechanic shops like upgrades that are iconic for each shop but I honestly think that will be complicated to implement so thats why this might be an alternative to just the Repair, Wash and Fuel it will end up giving these mechanic shops more things to do in case there isn't people coming to the shop and also allow them to bring broken down vehicles to the shop so they can fix.
Agreed I do love Auto-Exotic and TireNutz I think they add such good RP however I really do feel like for the people driving about waiting for police to mark down cars for impound, I think it's time to give Mechanics more power, obviously I think their should be a PNC for vehicles for Mechanics to use so "This car has been parked illegally" etc.

And if a mechanic does it wrong and the person of the car isn't happy take them to court.

+1 I agree with the night jobs, i know it has worked well on other servers and it also creates police interactions e.g. Arrivings at a house while it's being broken into. The other ideas are also good and will be useful in the city I believe. 
Agreed, I took inspiration from GTA San Andreas where you could get into a truck and do a robbing job from I think 8pm to 11am ingame time, I think that'd be awesome.

The person's message could be "Are you fucking crazy?! at this time?!"

Agreed I do love Auto-Exotic and TireNutz I think they add such good RP however I really do feel like for the people driving about waiting for police to mark down cars for impound, I think it's time to give Mechanics more power, obviously I think their should be a PNC for vehicles for Mechanics to use so "This car has been parked illegally" etc.

And if a mechanic does it wrong and the person of the car isn't happy take them to court.
I only mentioned Auto-Exotic and TireNutz because tenacly they are like whitelisted "mechanics" they don't really get any perks so thats why i am saying maybe the people employed there could be involved in these tasks more so than others considering they have committed themselves into a mechanic shop i don't see why this wouldn't be a good feature to give them and i agree with being able to impound cars that police haven't marked but only if it's after a set amount of time of the vehicle being inactive and for people that are employed in these shops because otherwise people will abuse this and in the small case that the people that are employed abuse this you can pin down who it was easily considering there is only 2 shops with 15 employees each. (Only Player Owned vehicles and if possible give the name of the person that impounded the vehicle)

The reason for it being these 2 Mechanic shops it because that way it will be easier to know who impounded your vehicle and maybe add like a storage where the cars that get impounded can be retrieved by their owners at these shops.

The only reason why i don't like the PNC its because it will probably take alot of time to develop

so trying to look for an alternative that is a bit easier to implement atleast in my eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
I like everything on here, would be nice to have the fleeca's back aswell. Maybe with a cooldown so it isn't too many illegal activities for cops to keep up with.

I like everything on here, would be nice to have the fleeca's back aswell. Maybe with a cooldown so it isn't too many illegal activities for cops to keep up with.
I think the man/woman should have multiple points so if police do find the man/woman they can basically tell them to go away, so the spot can change so people aren't all gathering around one spot.

Or after one job the person moves to another location just the endless possibilities!

I only mentioned Auto-Exotic and TireNutz because tenacly they are like whitelisted "mechanics" they don't really get any perks so thats why i am saying maybe the people employed there could be involved in these tasks more so than others considering they have committed themselves into a mechanic shop i don't see why this wouldn't be a good feature to give them and i agree with being able to impound cars that police haven't marked but only if it's after a set amount of time of the vehicle being inactive and for people that are employed in these shops because otherwise people will abuse this and in the small case that the people that are employed abuse this you can pin down who it was easily considering there is only 2 shops with 15 employees each. (Only Player Owned vehicles and if possible give the name of the person that impounded the vehicle)

The reason for it being these 2 Mechanic shops it because that way it will be easier to know who impounded your vehicle and maybe add like a storage where the cars that get impounded can be retrieved by their owners at these shops.

The only reason why i don't like the PNC its because it will probably take alot of time to develop

so trying to look for an alternative that is a bit easier to implement atleast in my eyes
Of course I think a new mechanic PNC system would be a LOT of work so yeah cooling down on that idea lmao.

However I get what you mean, maybe Auto Exotic and TireNutz can have mechanic whitelisted roles and cast interviews to become whitelisted mechanics and when someone does bad on their side then it goes to them, so they'll be wiser who to choose to have that much power, also it'll open up SO many opportunities for players to get their character well known!

However I get what you mean, maybe Auto Exotic and TireNutz can have mechanic whitelisted roles and cast interviews to become whitelisted mechanics and when someone does bad on their side then it goes to them, so they'll be wiser who to choose to have that much power, also it'll open up SO many opportunities for players to get their character well known!
Pretty sure this part both mechanic shops already do when employing people.

Pretty sure this part both mechanic shops already do when employing people.
But giving them more power like to let their employees do more would be a great opportunity to improve roleplay!

But giving them more power like to let their employees do more would be a great opportunity to improve roleplay!
Exactly that's how i see it, from what i am aware they already employee people by looking at their applications, Interviews and giving them a trial to see how they work.

In my eyes if this was to be implemented it would give more to do for people that only do mechanic jobs since they have something to work towars which is getting to be employeed at a proper mechanic shop if they wanna get in that extra step, It would give more roleplay to these mechanic shops, more things to do for them and also give more roleplay to people that get their cars impounded and have to go there to potentially retrieve it from the mechanics in the same restart where it was impounded.

And makes impounding less boring than just the go there get the vehicle to the impound, impound it and be done with it.
I could explain this more in depth if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always cool to see new ways of making money getting suggested and i do really like the sound of the jewellery store, 1+ 

For the mechanic stuff, I think an interesting idea would be have an actual job at Tire Nutz/Auto Exotic that when people are employed, they can take out branded trucks, and go around impounding cars in the road for extra cash and RP etc.

So many things here could be added and have great ways to be implemented with the current climate on the server and I love it. Night time jobs like moving illegal substances etc would feel like the old school fast and furious films, having a team set up to help transport and deal with police, and house robberies in other servers have mostly lead to good police chases and RP from my experience, so again something to add an extra dynamic that I'm personally all for.

Great suggestions Mark xo

Back